• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Paulson Private Cardroom 500 on ebay (1 Viewer)

I would say someone should take a shot at this. But only one of us :). I'm considering volunteering but god knows I don't need more chips

I've been a member since last year... zero feedback. I COULD BE ANYBODY!!

IMG_1309.PNG

All in all, it might be worth a bid.... and if no one bids in a day or two, I'll take a swat at it and hope no one makes a second bid ;)

I won an auction for some starbursts from this seller last week. I'm still waiting on the chips. It's weird because when I try to track the package on usps.com using the number provided, it tells me there's no information or to check to make sure it's entered correctly. However, on eBay, it gives me detailed info about the package using their track package feature. I was a little leery of this transaction, but hopefully the chips arrive tomorrow. He also sold a rack of pink starbursts last week then put up another auction for the same chips using same pictures.

I won an auction for some starbursts from this seller last week. I'm still waiting on the chips. It's weird because when I try to track the package on usps.com using the number provided, it tells me there's no information or to check to make sure it's entered correctly. However, on eBay, it gives me detailed info about the package using their track package feature. I was a little leery of this transaction, but hopefully the chips arrive tomorrow. He also sold a rack of pink starbursts last week then put up another auction for the same chips using same pictures.
Yep, that's enough for me to count myself out. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, my transaction was for only about $60...I would not involve myself with this one given that the final price will probably be above $400-$500.

Yeah, my transaction was for only about $60...I would not involve myself with this one given that the final price will probably be above $400-$500.
Well before you post I actually sent him a private message with an offer. I am low balling it a bit.

So update: he replied saying he bought the chips for about $500 10 years ago and he has tons of chips in his stable so he probably knows what they are generally worth.

I wonder if seller was a member of that blue website once upon a time.
If he accepts my last offer, it will be a miracle. And then I need to decide if the risk is worth it actually sending him the funds...

It's a long shot ... but it just might work.

There are so many buyer protections built into using your credit card through paypal on eBay that I would buy chips I wanted from any seller anywhere on the planet if the price was right, and I would worry zero percent about it's costing me a dime if the transaction went bad.

If I could sell my James Bonds I would take a stab at these... At $175 I could actually afford them!

I'm clearly too poor for nice poker chips :(

Last edited:
You have to love eBay. I just made an offer on a Disney collectors peice. The offer was accepted last week. I made sure I used PayPal and also the offer was done via eBay. I should be protected either way. The item was for $2400 and has yet to ship, so who knows? Keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited:
There are so many buyer protections built into using your credit card through paypal on eBay that I would buy chips I wanted from any seller anywhere on the planet if the price was right, and I would worry zero percent about it's costing me a dime if the transaction went bad.
I'm with you 100% on this, to the point that I've been interested in stuff because a guy has low feedback or no feedback. Low feedback = low bidder confidence = low winning bids. And there's really no risk. eBay will make you whole. PayPal will make you whole. Your credit card will make you whole.

If he accepts my last offer, it will be a miracle. And then I need to decide if the risk is worth it actually sending him the funds...

It's a long shot ... but it just might work.

What offer did you make, if you don't mind the ask? I may be willing to take the risk if the price is right. Would love to pick up my first Paulson set for a reduced price. I would hang off until you've made your decision.

What offer did you make, if you don't mind the ask? I may be willing to take the risk if the price is right. Would love to pick up my first Paulson set for a reduced price. I would hang off until you've made your decision.
I made a low offer of $300. Heard nothing back after that. Go for it if you like friend!

That's about what I had in mind to offer as well ($300). I guess even $450 or $500 is probably still a good deal but a bit outside of my price range for the time being.

Looks like the bidding is at $309 now. Good luck! I hope someone from the community is able to nab these up for a good deal.

Yeah, I thought it would be nice to get them at $300 but this guy knew what he was doing. Setting a nice set that low was bound to spark interest and once the bidding wars started people wouldn't be able to let go. I bet it gets to $800 or more.

It's a nice Private Cardroom set, but I really don't need any more sets, so I'm not planning to bid (although for the right price...).

I'm posting to say I have some Private Cardroom chips that I might be willing to sell or trade (mostly the higher tourney denoms), that could help if someone here on PCF ends up with this set, for collaboration for splitting denoms or supplementing the set to increase it from 500 to 800 chips. In the photo on the left I have: 55-dark green 25s, 40-magenta 500s, 120-purple 500s, 100-1000s, 113-grays [16-5000s + 97 NCVs]).

IMG_8900 (Large).JPG IMG_8901 (Large).JPG

I had forgotten to check in on this thread earlier, but threw in a bid for $875 at the last minute, but I wasn't interested in paying more than that, (also bc shipping was $42).

I was outbid instantly, and I think there were 1 or 2 bids after that. (So I hope I didn't bid up anyone here)

Final cost, shipped, was $1.87/chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom