Were these a good deal? Ebay WTHCs (1 Viewer)

ninjajim4

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Saw some WTHCs come and quickly go on the 'bay yesterday:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2763156861...bBXqOtPRQe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I wouldn't say I am post-FOMOing, as I don't think I could've felt good about splashing $5K on chips at $8/per, but it def looked like a nice set and the hot stamp francs seem like they are in demand..?

I did save it to my watchlist since I'd get notified if they didn't sell and got relisted at a lower price or the seller wanted to offer a discount to get them sold. I was a bit surprised to see this gone within 24 hours.

Just looking to see what the PCF folks thought it.

Double? I disagree. Not with the purple 25c in there. I think they were a bit expensive, but when adding for the hot stamp fracs, FMV for the other denoms, plus eBay fees, I get a reasonable total just under $4k. So about 20-25% above. Hard to say for certain with the rarity of those purple hot stamp fracs.

Then again, the market is so soft right now, who knows?

Double? I disagree. Not with the purple 25c in there. I think they were a bit expensive, but when adding for the hot stamp fracs, FMV for the other denoms, plus eBay fees, I get a reasonable total just under $4k. So about 20-25% above. Hard to say for certain with the rarity of those purple hot stamp fracs.

Then again, the market is so soft right now, who knows?
I agree. Unicorn fracs, 1's & 5's are all probably a descent deal. Now the 25's are a different story but for the most part the seller (who is a member here) had an OK price.

Saw some WTHCs come and quickly go on the 'bay yesterday:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2763156861...bBXqOtPRQe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I wouldn't say I am post-FOMOing, as I don't think I could've felt good about splashing $5K on chips at $8/per, but it def looked like a nice set and the hot stamp francs seem like they are in demand..?

I did save it to my watchlist since I'd get notified if they didn't sell and got relisted at a lower price or the seller wanted to offer a discount to get them sold. I was a bit surprised to see this gone within 24 hours.

Just looking to see what the PCF folks thought it.
Guilty :D

For those looking for 1s and Fracs … I think is a no brainer as I hadn’t had any luck picking these up despite offering a good price. This batch only the 25s < 8$ a chip but the rest of the denoms command 8+ / chip

The more I look at it, the more I think the price isn’t so bad.

100 x 25c @ min $10 ea is $1000
150 x 1 @ $8 ea is 1200
170 x 5 @ 5 ea is 850
195 x 25 @ 4 ea is 780
15 x 100 @ 4 ea is 60

That’s a total of $3890. Add 15% for eBay and you’d have to sell it for $4576 to get $3890.

If those fracs are $15, which is far from out of the question, that’s just about right.

The more I look at it, the more I think the price isn’t so bad.

100 x 25c @ min $10 ea is $1000
150 x 1 @ $8 ea is 1200
170 x 5 @ 5 ea is 850
195 x 25 @ 4 ea is 780
15 x 100 @ 4 ea is 60

That’s a total of $3890. Add 15% for eBay and you’d have to sell it for $4576 to get $3890.

If those fracs are $15, which is far from out of the question, that’s just about right.
Damn. This chipper thing getting out of hand. Cheaper per chip to do a custom CPC set, right?

Damn. This chipper thing getting out of hand. Cheaper per chip to do a custom CPC set, right?
I still think that valuation is high. There’s a LOT of options out there when you hit the $8/chip range….

Interesting discussion. Glad to have everyone's take! I guess I could've messaged and asked to do a deal outside of fleabay but probably still more than I would have been looking to spend...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom