Order Thread (Closed) - Aurora Club, Soapy's, SW (3 Viewers)

Updated again to current.

If you've already sent $, thank you - the OP table should reflect that and I should've acknowledged receipt. Let me know if this isn't the case.

If you haven't sent $ yet, <Judge Judy gif>

I just sent @BR Pro Poker an email with the order. I'll post updates here as I receive them.

I'll also give the few stragglers until the buttons are received to submit payments, so if I haven't received your payment please send it sooner than later. If not I'll offer the extras to those in the GB first, and then to PCF at large I guess.

Paid - $1,647.00 in Dealer buttons :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. Gene and Kristil are about to have a party on our dime.

It looks like it will take about 2 weeks for production.

1613415264303.png

Opened up the boxes to verify counts and start packing...we may have some issues.
5999CC4D-8B2F-4F27-B51C-22539BD2D641.jpeg

First issue: the Soapy’s buttons were printed with a blue “dealer” on both sides
07F88B91-7DBE-4A16-AA97-2DA61D79E92D.jpeg

Second (possible) issue: the “fade” on the DS buttons seems fairly dramatic, and the hole/entry portal on the one side seems a little stretched
6FF2022C-4FD3-45BF-863D-26D4E7D346DC.jpeg

The Soapy’s buttons definitely need to be replaced, but I need to get an idea on whether the DS buttons are acceptable or need to be replaced as well.

The other buttons seem fine on a quick inspection, but only started going through them.

Can someone that already has a DS button chime in on whether the fade & stretch issues are normal?

Also, for those that ordered DS buttons, are these acceptable or a no go? I can take more pics if needed, but please chime in ASAP.

Below is the proof sent to the manufacturer:
02009764-361B-4DFA-B154-0E8DA7C8A140.png

I don’t really have an issue with the DS. But I’m generally not picky, and don’t have much experience with what is acceptable quality to be expected on these types of things.

I am ok with it for the DS I ordered.
In looking at it a little closer, I see that the shading is pretty different. The saving grace to me though is that you'll only be looking at one side at a time when you're playing, so that makes it acceptable to me.

Re: DS buttons. It’s hard to say for sure because I can’t take pictures in natural light. I will say that they almost seemed like they had mint Paulson chalk on them when I first looked at them, and tried to wipe a couple down with my hand.

Below are more pics:
5EDEF884-753C-452E-B999-DCC1A494C85C.jpeg
4CA6459B-0ED2-4DD6-980A-BE68D59AA047.jpeg

Right now I’m leaning toward just sending the DS buttons out to everyone as is, but feel free to speak up if you want to see if your order can be replaced.

I’ve sent Kristil an email, but it’s almost 8pm on a Friday so I’m not sure when she’ll respond.

I think the DS buttons look fine, there is a limit to the amount of detail you can get onto a textured plastic surface. The photo of the buttons from a normal viewing distance look great.

I don’t really have an issue with the DS. But I’m generally not picky, and don’t have much experience with what is acceptable quality to be expected on these types of things.
DS button looks okay to me. The one side does appear a bit faded compared to proof but not bad enough to bug me (I hope).
I'm okay with both...blue soapy's and DS buttons.

Thanks!
In looking at it a little closer, I see that the shading is pretty different. The saving grace to me though is that you'll only be looking at one side at a time when you're playing, so that makes it acceptable to me.
Appreciate the feedback. You guys will have your order packaged first.

Also @DMZ makes a good point - since only 1 side will be visible at a time, maybe the fade isn’t really an issue.

Keep the feedback coming guys, I’m happy to try to rectify the issue if need be, but don’t want to send all the DS buttons out if you aren’t happy with the final product (not sure what is standard protocol with the manufacturer in these situations though).

On the DS, it does look like all the detail has been sucked out of it... the little light dots are pretty much gone... on the construction side I can't make out the dish at all... and on the completed side it looks like a giant smudge mark on the right side like someone drew it in pencil and dragged their palm across it a bunch of times
DS.jpg

More pics could help though, could just be lighting and image compression artifacts... what are your thoughts on these specific critiques looking at them in person?

More pics could help though, could just be lighting and image compression artifacts... what are your thoughts on these specific critiques looking at them in person?
Could be the lighting - it’s hard to say. I will say that the wife thought white light bulbs in the living room were just too bright, so they are all yellow bulbs.

I’m happy to take more pics if needed, but would need advice on how to take pics to show the detail better :LOL: :laugh:

Looking at them in person, my initial feeling was slight disappointment based on what seemed to be a fading/stretching issue. The more I look at them though, the less I think it’s a major issue.

I don’t disagree with your picture & assessment above though.

It's not the end of the world becauase these were inexpensive and only ordered 2 of them. Will definitely go with the consensus if everyone is fine with it, but it's pretty disappointing considering how nice everything else I've seen from BR Pro has been.
For pics, if you have a tripod it would help... a lot of this could just be image artifacts from either lighting, camera shake, upload compression etc.

Re: DS buttons. It’s hard to say for sure because I can’t take pictures in natural light. I will say that they almost seemed like they had mint Paulson chalk on them when I first looked at them, and tried to wipe a couple down with my hand.

Below are more pics:
View attachment 650179View attachment 650180

Right now I’m leaning toward just sending the DS buttons out to everyone as is, but feel free to speak up if you want to see if your order can be replaced.

I’ve sent Kristil an email, but it’s almost 8pm on a Friday so I’m not sure when she’ll respond.
As long as mine have mint Paulson chalk on them...LOL. seriously...I'm good with them!!

It's not the end of the world becauase these were inexpensive and only ordered 2 of them. Will definitely go with the consensus if everyone is fine with it, but it's pretty disappointing considering how nice everything else I've seen from BR Pro has been.
For pics, if you have a tripod it would help... a lot of this could just be image artifacts from either lighting, camera shake, upload compression etc.
You’re speaking Portuguese to me, brother - I don’t have a tripod or know what any of that other stuff you said means. I have an (older model) IPhone and that’s it, so I can try to take more pics tomorrow with natural sunlight if it helps.

I’m not sure what the best way to go about this is, so for everyone that said it’s fine as is, I’ll pack them up now. If you prefer to wait for BR Pro’s response is to see they can be replaced, let me know that as well.

I can’t make any promises on what the manufacturer will/won’t do - the only thing that is certain is that my shipping to you won’t happen this weekend if you prefer to wait for a response.

You’re speaking Portuguese to me, brother - I don’t have a tripod or know what any of that other stuff you said means. I have an (older model) IPhone and that’s it, so I can try to take more pics tomorrow with natural sunlight if it helps.

I’m not sure what the best way to go about this is, so for everyone that said it’s fine as is, I’ll pack them up now. If you prefer to wait for BR Pro’s response is to see they can be replaced, let me know that as well.

I can’t make any promises on what the manufacturer will/won’t do - the only thing that is certain is that my shipping to you won’t happen this weekend if you prefer to wait for a response.
No, just send em out. I'm not going to hold this up over 2 buttons

Thanks for doing this man - i'm sure it's a lot of work to put these buys together, and it's much appreciated!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom