Order Thread (Closed) - Aurora Club, Soapy's, SW (1 Viewer)

There’s NO issue with the MF buttons. These are the star of the show for me.
49545DF2-A807-4D1E-BC81-FA568A889E28.jpeg

I'm very disappointed, I ordered 3 because I thought DS stood for "Princess Leia in a Gold Bikini". :-(

J.k., looks great, shipit!!

Regarding the single Soapy's I ordered, it's for @Himewad so he'll have to decide.

Thanks for doing this!

I'm very disappointed, I ordered 3 because I thought DS stood for "Princess Leia in a Gold Bikini". :-(

J.k., looks great, shipit!!

Regarding the single Soapy's I ordered, it's for @Himewad so he'll have to decide.

Thanks for doing this!
Btw, if @Himewad wants to wait for a red Soapy's, then I'm fine with holding our shipment until they're done. I'm in no hurry.

DS is fine with me. I m good with the way they came out. You can ship it out whenever you have time. Thanks again for organizing this buy

All I ordered were DS, and they look fine to me. Truth is, my old eyes wouldn't see any finer detail anyway.

Here is a side by side shot of both. Left is @Suited Connector 's picture, right is @ChipFinderSK 's pic. I think they look pretty close. I'm happy with them. Having the blue font on both sides of the Soapy's button doesn't bother me either. Ship it!
dscomp.png

I don’t know if this one is original ( I am guessing it is), but it shows the fadeding; I think it is the original picture that tries to show the effect of having “the sun” in one side and darkness in the other. Anyway I hope this helps; I am OK with them as they are;
04625524-12BB-4FEE-B88E-45C8294592B5.jpeg

0C3E080A-7B6E-4BD4-A900-3510985FF69E.jpeg

I don’t know if this one is original ( I am guessing it is), but it shows the fadeding; I think it is the original picture that tries to show the effect of having “the sun” in one side and darkness in the other. Anyway I hope this helps; I am OK with them as they are;
View attachment 650380

View attachment 650381
Actually I did not realized that the pictures look a lot better than it is... the fading is a lot more noticed when seeing it live

I have no problem with the DS button as is - ship it! ;)

Edit: I'll wait for the Soapy's fix though.

Last edited:
If you ordered any Soapy’s buttons at all, I’ll hold your order pending resolution of the Soapy’s issue. If you don’t want to wait (or prefer the blue Soapy’s as is), let me know and I will pack your order and ship it.

Apologies - these will have to start going out on Monday. I stayed up late packing a bunch of orders, but slept in and now have to watch the kids so I won’t be able to make it to the PO.
A61C3BB3-44E3-4C8D-AFA4-415F15BCB955.jpeg
637FDDDC-80C5-4505-B2D5-59D470AADD39.jpeg

At this point I’m going to just ship the DS buttons as is - they might be a little lighter than in the original run, but I think they are just designed to be best viewed from a distance of 2+ feet away, like a Monet or something. Here’s a couple more pics:
5597EF7A-3457-4C31-9A67-19632BC6ADF2.jpeg
02BE3E2D-FA55-49A2-862E-2E03B643732B.jpeg

Update: the blue Soapy’s buttons have been sent back to BR Pro. It sounds like the new buttons will be ready in a couple days.

All non-Soapy’s buttons have been shipped, with the exception of the 3 Canadian orders (I couldn’t properly create shipping labels online, so will have to manually fill out the forms). Hopefully tomorrow for the last 3 round 1 orders.

All orders that did not include a Soapy's button should now be shipped. If you did not order a Soapy's button and have not yet heard from me, please let me know.

I also received an email that said the Soapys reprint should be shipped today, so it sounds like I will have another weekend of packing ahead of me.

If you ordered any Soapy’s buttons at all, I’ll hold your order pending resolution of the Soapy’s issue. If you don’t want to wait (or prefer the blue Soapy’s as is), let me know and I will pack your order and ship it.

Apologies - these will have to start going out on Monday. I stayed up late packing a bunch of orders, but slept in and now have to watch the kids so I won’t be able to make it to the PO.
View attachment 650424View attachment 650425

At this point I’m going to just ship the DS buttons as is - they might be a little lighter than in the original run, but I think they are just designed to be best viewed from a distance of 2+ feet away, like a Monet or something. Here’s a couple more pics:
View attachment 650426View attachment 650427

Just wanted to confirm that the Death Star buttons have been printed from the exact same files, and on the same exact printer every time they've been run. We do that any time we know that a design has been previously ordered, to ensure that reorders come out as close to the original as possible. Every print file is saved with the name of the printer & settings in the file name. However, we recently had a new batch of 60mm blanks molded, and there can be slight variations in the base chip color each time they're molded, which does affect the way the ink color transfers onto the material. We definitely noticed a visible difference in the blanks from this batch, but that's pretty typical as raw materials can change slightly over time.

The Soapy's buttons were a mistake on my part and I apologize to anyone who has had to wait longer for their buttons because of it. We accidentally pulled the files from @Himewad's group buy, not realizing they were different this time (a complete oversight on my part). @Quicksilver-75 quickly provided us with updated print files and the reprints are on their way!

If you have previously ordered the all blue Soapy's buttons, please note that the newer files with both red & blue are a little different in overall shades of color - they look quite a bit brighter than the all blue run. I think the all blue artwork has been on file for a long time, before Gene took over BR Pro (I believe they were originally run through Old West and we inherited the files from Sal).

All orders that did not include a Soapy's button should now be shipped. If you did not order a Soapy's button and have not yet heard from me, please let me know.

I also received an email that said the Soapys reprint should be shipped today, so it sounds like I will have another weekend of packing ahead of me.
Thanks man, i appreciate you taking the time to do this!

Just wanted to confirm that the Death Star buttons have been printed from the exact same files, and on the same exact printer every time they've been run. We do that any time we know that a design has been previously ordered, to ensure that reorders come out as close to the original as possible. Every print file is saved with the name of the printer & settings in the file name. However, we recently had a new batch of 60mm blanks molded, and there can be slight variations in the base chip color each time they're molded, which does affect the way the ink color transfers onto the material. We definitely noticed a visible difference in the blanks from this batch, but that's pretty typical as raw materials can change slightly over time.

The Soapy's buttons were a mistake on my part and I apologize to anyone who has had to wait longer for their buttons because of it. We accidentally pulled the files from @Himewad's group buy, not realizing they were different this time (a complete oversight on my part). @Quicksilver-75 quickly provided us with updated print files and the reprints are on their way!

If you have previously ordered the all blue Soapy's buttons, please note that the newer files with both red & blue are a little different in overall shades of color - they look quite a bit brighter than the all blue run. I think the all blue artwork has been on file for a long time, before Gene took over BR Pro (I believe they were originally run through Old West and we inherited the files from Sal).
Thanks for the clarification and the up front willingness to work towards the solution. Appreciate when businesses are honest about these types of things and hold true to their word!

Thanks for the response Kristil, but no explanation needed. The Deathstar issue was just an overreaction on my part.

As long as we eventually get our crack (buttons), us fiends will be happy.

I do appreciate you responding to my emails so quickly though.

Hey all. I ended up getting 2 - DS and 2 black AC buttons, so I’d bet one of you ended up with 2 Millennium Falcons you didn’t order. If that’s you, shoot me a message and we’ll swap.

Hey all. I ended up getting 2 - DS and 2 black AC buttons, so I’d bet one of you ended up with 2 Millennium Falcons you didn’t order. If that’s you, shoot me a message and we’ll swap.
For visibility, please post in the thread (followed by a PM) if I f*cked up your order. I’m hoping @BamaT8ter was the only one, but I won’t know unless I’m informed.

I won’t take it personal if multiple people post that the order was incorrect, and it will be easier for me to fix if I know the extent of the problem(s).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom