Open Face Chinese Poker OFCP Thread (5 Viewers)

@T_Chan

I am interested in a simple design for an OFCP playmat.
Something with speed cloth like feel that is “reversible” with heads up on one side and 3 person on the other.
Initial thoughts were a 3 triangle pyramid like shape for 3 players but I don’t know how this would look for heads up.
Maybe just have a 3 person layout and use 2/3 of the areas for heads up??
Looking for ideas and inspiration.
I will link a shitty picture of what I was thinking about in a minute.I will link a shitty picture of what I was thinking about in a minute

I used to make things like that for Magic the Gathering or other collectible card games where there was a more set layout. Reversible would seem better for use of space.

I only suggested printing on one side and folding it over because I've never seen @T_Chan print something on both sides...
2 cloths, sewn to opposite sides of the same piece of foam.

The real challenge would be the type of table you lay it on. Round, square, 10 player oval, octagon... then how much space actually exists given rail size, cupholders, etc.

Screenshot 2020-08-23 12.24.21.png

I'm surprised I haven't posted this but recently I've completed a 10k challenge on the app. I have several matches against friends for 1k total and 5k total hands. I've put in a lot of hands on this app. A lot of my friends no longer play but there's 1 friend, we are constantly playing this against each other and have probably 15k+ hands against one another lol.

Stakes vary against opponents but I don't play for less than .25 cents a point. No buyouts either on any matches lol.

Screenshot_20201207-031411.jpg
Screenshot_20200825-190612.jpg

I'm surprised I haven't posted this but recently I've completed a 10k challenge on the app. I have several matches against friends for 1k total and 5k total hands. I've put in a lot of hands on this app. A lot of my friends no longer play but there's 1 friend, we are constantly playing this against each other and have probably 15k+ hands against one another lol.

Stakes vary against opponents but I don't play for less than .25 cents a point. No buyouts either on any matches lol.

View attachment 588094View attachment 588095
Strong stats! What app is that?

Strong stats! What app is that?

It's called Pineapple on Android. I also have a much older version of 'Play Pineapple' because the newer version caps matches at 200 hands but I can start a match on the old one uncapped and just play on the new version. The things I do to play this game lol

I’m down for .25 a point

only have iPhone though

Boats in middle no stay in FL in pineapple app for IPhone either

trips up top.
Str8 flush or quads in the front / bottom

Not a fan of the pokerrrrr pineapple game.
FL player gets to watch the other player set their cards before acting.

Great news (for some)

new M1 Macs can run phone apps. :)

8DF09C37-1D39-471B-8351-AB3C715F7921.jpeg

Full screen might be a little much

07EA77B1-D931-4ADC-8628-5012F6C73C11.jpeg

Starting reading about this game and I have been self dealing it the last couple days. I really like it and want to use it when shorthanded. I have one question right now about fouling. If your back and middle hands are equal in strength, let’s say they both have two pair, but the middle is a higher two pair, is the hand fouled???

Starting reading about this game and I have been self dealing it the last couple days. I really like it and want to use it when shorthanded. I have one question right now about fouling. If your back and middle hands are equal in strength, let’s say they both have two pair, but the middle is a higher two pair, is the hand fouled???
yes. Normal poker rules apply. If they were both equal two pair hands the back would have to outkick the middle to not foul.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom