Open Face Chinese Poker OFCP Thread (3 Viewers)

We just use all denoms...$100 buy ins....$.50/point...so we have $.50's, $1's, $5's and $25's in play.

@guyfleegman I absolutely HATE that you can't fold during this game...glaring problem for me...I feel you should be able to pay a pre-determined penalty, at various times during the hand, and be able to fold...still take cards, so the other players in the hand still see what comes out on the board...maybe if your starting hand has no paint, no pair you can fold for a dollar, or two dollars after the first draw...SOMEthing...it's such a helpless feeling when you're getting crap cards all night and just pay out every hand while other guys are pulling quads and straight flushes...
Is that why you stopped playing me heads up??

We just use all denoms...$100 buy ins....$.50/point...so we have $.50's, $1's, $5's and $25's in play.

@guyfleegman I absolutely HATE that you can't fold during this game...glaring problem for me...I feel you should be able to pay a pre-determined penalty, at various times during the hand, and be able to fold...still take cards, so the other players in the hand still see what comes out on the board...maybe if your starting hand has no paint, no pair you can fold for a dollar, or two dollars after the first draw...SOMEthing...it's such a helpless feeling when you're getting crap cards all night and just pay out every hand while other guys are pulling quads and straight flushes...

I think it would have to be steeper, and before anyone shows any cards. Like 6 points - a royalty-free foul. But still, it's "even" in the sense that you never actually bet on your hand and everyone will catch bad starting hands sometime.

I get both sides of the concept. Long term, variance evens out. However, there is just that sick feeling when the cards keep going against you and the only thing you can do is quit.

I am a huge fan of OFCP but my question is does anyone around play OFCP with 2-7 in the middle? My buddy and I have been playing this for years as it brings more action and more options for fantasyland. Even at dime a point we are running up quite a tally on each other!
So how would this work with respect to fouling your hand? Would only the back need to be stronger than the front?

There are versions of Chinese Poker where you can concede your hand and pay all active players 2 points... but that doesn't exempt you from paying royalties to other players at showdown.

I use whatever chips I happen to grab. Recently bought a rack of TRKs just for use with OFCP, but in the long run, I'll use any chip I haven't had in play for a while. Since all chips are equal value, denoms dont matter, and different chips are fun for tracking who is taking your chips.

I use my Dia De Los Muertos ceramic set for CP. Yes you read that correctly, we play Chinese poker with Mexican poker chips :)

Boom baby!
A18F7452-DF21-48FB-852D-3DAADAA15F44.jpeg

My Sifu introduced me to OFCP at SQM. Downloaded the app and getting some practice in. Was super pumped to make a royal flush but look what the bot managed! Rigged!!!

CD610372-0BD9-48DF-B1ED-21B04D0BC312.png

I love Chinese poker, we play before our league tourneys all the time. I've never played it open-faced but saw this thread and would love to give it a shot. However I can't seem to find the app you guys are using on Google Play, is it iPhone only??

If so, is there an equivalent app that allows cross play between iPhone and Android?

Is there an Android app where you can play against local friends? I assume the money is done independently from the app?

i have been systematically trying all of the available Android apps, and there is just nothing where you can play asynchronously with friends. there are a few that will let you play private games live, but that's it - 10 minute turns is the longest i could find. and f'n everything requires you login with facebook. looks like there is a wide open opportunity out there for some savvy app developer!

My current OFCP set using blue $1. I don't think the @navels Ysabels will be staying, as I think they are a touch too green. The solid Giudici gaming hotstamps are nice, but I have the Sam's Club to cover that style. LMK if you are in the market either of those racks....

ofcp.jpg

I never had a rack of those Binions' THC $1s, although they are on the list of chips that I'd like to get!

View attachment 516414
You really got to hit me up when you are looking for Vegas chips to complete a rack. I would have certainly picked up what you needed and hand delivered during Minnemania without upcharge.

Hey , does anyone know if there's a site online to play with friends? Not looking for an app, as my friend doesn't use a smart phone.

@T_Chan

I am interested in a simple design for an OFCP playmat.
Something with speed cloth like feel that is “reversible” with heads up on one side and 3 person on the other.
Initial thoughts were a 3 triangle pyramid like shape for 3 players but I don’t know how this would look for heads up.
Maybe just have a 3 person layout and use 2/3 of the areas for heads up??
Looking for ideas and inspiration.
I will link a shitty picture of what I was thinking about in a minute.I will link a shitty picture of what I was thinking about in a minute

Why not a 3-person and headsup on the same side of the fabric, but fold the fabric in half when playing, with the appropriate side up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom