Open Face Chinese Poker OFCP Thread (1 Viewer)

I also downloaded the "Pineapple!" app on my iPad. Seems pretty good in a test run. Not sure how to invite another player though, as I didn't let it have access to all my Contacts. Can someone attempt to invite "inca911" to a game? If we figure out how this works, I can schedule some three person games to get some live play in....

The interface for finding other players is not what I would call intuitive. You have to tap New Game, then the magnifying glass, to "Find Player by Username".

I just created a game with you :)

Last edited:
One downside to the Pineapple! app... the bot sucks.

Papple.png

Can't upload pics from my phone on TT but he also was just dealt AT87hhhh6c and decided to go with

8h
6c
AT7hhh

:D

Yeah, the bot is a complete moron. I almost totally ignore what it's doing, other than to see which cards or suits aren't available anymore. I did find it useful to be able to power through hundreds of hands in a relatively short time, just for my own practice at making the best hand possible with what I'm dealt, but in terms of playing "against" another opponent and making strategic choices based on what they are doing, the bot is a waste of time.

I'm running it the same way. Learning more about the game - especially the "don't bust me" aspect that seems to cost me the most. The +10 to stay in fantasyland also makes the desire to plop Qs or better in the top row a little less tempting.

@Gear and @Ronoh : I made my moves last night, but I'm not sure if it has registered since neither of you have played. I'll be on tonight at 8pm CDT if you want to play some human games. I definitely want to see how the three player version performs.

For anyone else looking for a game, my Username is "inca911". I tried inviting Chris to a game using the tips he provided earlier, but the Username "Chris" didn't work.

Please post your Usernames and let's see if we can get some "three-way action" tonight. Hehe ;-)

I would be up for something tonight around whatever time the PCF Stars game is. Didn't make a move in the game that auto-started when I found your user ID... live or nothing for me, used to play "I'll send my move whenever I get time" chess via text with a cousin, doesn't take long to get annoying ;)

Oops, sorry. My phone died shortly after starting the game yesterday and I forgot to plug it in to charge.

My username is "Gear" ... Ronoh, non-real-time isn't THAT annoying, is it? :)

"PokerZombie". I'm not annoyed by non-real time. As I usually play while at work (but between calls) the chance that I'll have to leave mid-game is always high.

"PokerZombie". I'm not annoyed by non-real time. As I usually play while at work (but between calls) the chance that I'll have to leave mid-game is always high.

"Bentax1978" will be ok with non-real time as well, for the reasons stated above. :)

I have been playing this app for a few months of and on. I am @davido on the app. Which game do you all usually play and do you all play to a number of hands or to a specific number of points?

"Bentax1978" will be ok with non-real time as well, for the reasons stated above. :)
Hmmm. It didn't find you when I searched "Bentax1978". Perhaps Pentax? ;-)

All: I will be open for live play on Wednesday @ 8pm CDT for the NBA Finals. If others are open at that time, we can setup a game. Not sure how to invite two players yet, but I'll figure it out.

I didn't allow the app access to my Contacts when I started. Does anyone know if that can be changed in the app? I expected to see a "Players" option with Favorites. I likely have to reinstall it.

Edit for David: I play the regular Pineapple version. Once we get this sorted out, we can play for fun or $/point. $0.05 is a good starting point....

Just started a 3 player with David/Forrest. Set it for 50 hands (multiples of 3 not an option :mad:) to see how well it works. Once we are sure it's not buggy - i.e. not actually random, scores correctly, and I'm aware of all scoring rules (it appears all Fantasy Land trips are single stops) then I'm happy to put some fun cash behind it.

On that last point, I have definitely seen FL more than once in a row. I'm not sure what the criteria are for that to happen, but it is possible.

I've been playing pineapple low mostly. I did just successfully stay in fantasy land by setting QQQ up top, so it is possible.

I'd like to play anyone who isn't a bot, feel free to add @ruskba

In the app, you do stay in Fantasyland with trips on top, and quads on bottom, but not boat in middle. I've stayed for three hands total in the app. For three handed, I think it's best to find a time when all three players are live. For two handed you can kind of find a time that works halfway decent more easily.

Anyone know if the app is still racist toward android? Last I saw registrations failed.

So which game are you guys playing? I had never played OFCP before (didn't get a chance to watch the game at the Shootout in April), so I wasn't sure which version was the one you guys play. I tried "regular" and "pineapple" last night.

I greatly prefer the Pineapple version. I could see regular as a 4 player game, but a single misdeal/boxed card makes that a terrible option in reality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom