Open Face Chinese Poker OFCP Thread (2 Viewers)

I had these cut cards made with the help of @Eloe2000 ( design/ print) and @inca911 proof reading

I don’t have any to sell but will be giving away a few at SQM

There are more than a couple variants you can play.
I used the rules and scoring I play with.
I wasn’t sure about boat in the middle during fantasy land keeps you in fantasy land either.

View attachment 862651

Basically all the points shown are royalties except the basic 1 point per row won and plus 3 for a scoop (win all 3 rows)
I’d be interested in one

I had these cut cards made with the help of @Eloe2000 ( design/ print) and @inca911 proof reading

I wasn’t sure about boat in the middle during fantasy land keeps you in fantasy land either.

View attachment 862651

Basically all the points shown are royalties except the basic 1 point per row won and plus 3 for a scoop (win all 3 rows)
You should take a full picture of this and post it in the resource section

View attachment 862651

This is handy

View attachment 862651

To stay in Fantasyland, do you have to hit 10+ points on every row, or would just quads on the bottom be enough?

Made these really quickly in excel and then had them laminated. Just need to cut them up. Played last weekend with some friends and we all had to check our phones for the royalties. Having it printed up seems like it will help a lot. Would be interested if anyone orders some of these through a cut card group buy

Attachments

• 40E1313B-29DA-45C0-8706-596CD51F8EBF.jpeg
    40E1313B-29DA-45C0-8706-596CD51F8EBF.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 93
Just stumbled across the Pineapple app and now played close to 1000 hands.

Question for those who have played it live. How much of a pain is it to work out the scores when playing live (and drunk)?

Question for those who have played it live. How much of a pain is it to work out the scores when playing live (and drunk)?
I keep a sheet of paper with me to figure out the scores, but after a while anybody with half a functioning brain will just rattle off the scores.

...which is why I keep the sheet next to me.

Somebody made some cut cards with the score matrix on them. They are floating around somewhere

I keep a sheet of paper with me to figure out the scores, but after a while anybody with half a functioning brain will just rattle off the scores.

...which is why I keep the sheet next to me.
Well if you hadn't eaten the other half...!

zombie joke, get it?

EDIT -- NOTE TO SELF: read the rest of the thread before replying

Having only played once, I'm likely not the best reference. I printed out some a points cheat-sheet for each player. We would work out our own bonus's, then work out the difference between bonus's first, then add on the points for each row.
One more thing… is it just me who keeps getting the name wrong for when you get QQ or better on the top row?
It meant nothing to me, but one of the guys at my game made mention of an old TV show. He is however, very much older than me. Must be showing your age Tony :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Add me! We can be Pineapple friends :D

Some mnemonics that might be helpful:

Bottom is the scoring foundation, starting with a straight: 2, 4, 6, then 10, 15, 25.

Middle scoring is 2x the bottom, with trips filling in the vacant 2 point spot.

QQ is lucky as you get into fantasy with QQ = 7 points. Points start with 66 = 1 point, increasing by one. “Woolworth’s’ five-and-dime means” TT gets you 5 points.

To stay in fantasy you need at least a 10 point row: trips on top (so you now know AA = 9), boat in middle at 12, or Quads+ on bottom can help remind that quads down low are 10.

Happy OFCPIng!

When I play live we start with 200 pts in chips and pass chips around after each hand. At the end of the night the player(s) who are down pays the winner(s) whatever amount they're owed.

When I play live we start with 200 pts in chips and pass chips around after each hand. At the end of the night the player(s) who are down pays the winner(s) whatever amount they're owed.
It’s more working out the scores / royalties etc. for each hand. I can see that taking longer than each hand :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It’s bad enough when we play darts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom