Old West Poker Supplies hybrid customs. (1 Viewer)

Pete

Two Pair
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about going with Old West Poker Supplies for a set of customs using their hybrid chips. They really do a nice job with custom plaques and dealer buttons which I'd add as well. I seen this photo of a custom set (PCF member?) in their gallery that I fell in love with!

IMG_0801.JPG

Looks like they could design a Bud Jones V7 type of look for me no problem.

I'm looking for feedback (and photos of course!) from PCF members who have ordered hybrid customs from Old West. Sal from OWPS seems to be very supportive of this great community of Chippers and a good guy in general so I'm sure he would be a pleasure to deal with customer service wise. Any thoughts and opinions (and pron!) regarding their custom hybrid chip work is greatly appreciated!

edit: Ooops, I posted this in Mock Ups & Design rather than Custom Poker Chips General. Mods, please move the thread if need be.

Last edited:
i didn't prefer that particular mold. the quality is there & the chips are nice. it seems like there was a big impetus towards jumbo inlays a few years back & that figured in to the design of these. i like the more recent mold w/ more "shoulder" & less inlay
DSC_1210.JPG
the lower right is the new mold & you can see the inlay is still generous compared to a couple of CPCs

I believe @CraigT78 did his customs with old West.

I bought a sample set. They are nice. Not sure how shuffling chips would wear on them over time.

I assume just like a chipco chip.

Good luck with your customs. :)

(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:
i didn't prefer that particular mold. the quality is there & the chips are nice. it seems like there was a big impetus towards jumbo inlays a few years back & that figured in to the design of these. i like the more recent mold w/ more "shoulder" & less inlay
View attachment 110443
the lower right is the new mold & you can see the inlay is still generous compared to a couple of CPCs

Thanks for the comparison photo as I was curious about the inlay size. I'm not a huge fan of larger/oversized inlays myself so If the chip on the bottom right is the hybrid OWPS currently uses then thats encouraging.

I believe @CraigT78 did his customs with old West.

I bought a sample set. They are nice. Not sure how shuffling chips would wear on them over time.

I assume just like a chipco chip.

Good luck with your customs. :)

Thanks Kyle! Not many shufflers at my home games other than myself and one other fella so not too worried about the Chipco like ring wear.

And thanks for referencing @CraigT78. I clicked on his profile and was able to see some photos of his custom OWPS set. His appear to be full ceramic chips rather then hybrids. They came out great! The colours are really nice and the graphics are sharp. (y) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I presume Sal can get blanks from SUN-FLY in both 39mm and 43mm in that new mold (they both take the same size label.)

Just so I'm understanding correctly:

There is currently only one inlay size option to choose from on both 39mm & 43 mm OWPS hybrids?

Last edited:
no, he shows a 25.4 inlay on a 39 & a 31.7 on a 43 in his online store

idk if he would have the new mold available or not

Thanks Kyle! Not many shufflers at my home games other than myself and one other fella so not too worried about the Chipco like ring wear.

And thanks for referencing @CraigT78. I clicked on his profile and was able to see some photos of his custom OWPS set. His appear to be full ceramic chips rather then hybrids. They came out great! The colours are really nice and the graphics are sharp. (y) :thumbsup:
I went with GOCC for my customs as an FYI. @Kyle

Just so I'm understanding correctly:

There is currently only one inlay size option to choose from on both 39mm & 43 mm OWPS hybrids?
no, he shows a 25.4 inlay on a 39 & a 31.7 on a 43 in his online store

idk if he would have the new mold available or not
Sun-Fly has four different hybrid chip blanks - two 39mm, and two 43mm, each with different diameter label recesses. OWPS offers three of them. See link below:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...lantic-city-ceramics.21578/page-8#post-406095

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom