Official WSOP 2022 Chips Thread (3 Viewers)

five colors

edit: oh, right, I get it, six colors - five spots plus the base

yes, do that
do six colors

five colors

edit: oh, right, I get it, six colors - five spots plus the base

yes, do that
do six colors
it's a bit much
514.png

The spots are so inconsequential on the new WSOP chips (so thin, and just singles) that they might as well just be random colors and let the base chip color do all the heavy lifting of distinguishing one chip from another. Think of the spots as decorations, not functional; a splash of color that's so badly needed on what's otherwise some very dry chips.

While it looks awesome, it is a monumental pain in the ass in an event like the main where people are getting all in a lot just because of the raw number of people. Taking multiple minutes to count out stacks is terrible.
Needs to be a happy medium

Saw a complaint on Twitter about the stacks being too small this year, as in not enough physical chips for the amount of big blinds. Do you guys agree? Anyone have starting stack breakdowns from several years of main event to compare?

Saw a complaint on Twitter about the stacks being too small this year, as in not enough physical chips for the amount of big blinds. Do you guys agree? Anyone have starting stack breakdowns from several years of main event to compare?
I didn't see it, but I assume it was:

10-2-7-5-1

In the event I played, they kept introducing the next color before they had really gotten the previous color very much in play. There were more 100ks at my table than 25ks at the end of day 1.
Sounds like they're trying to make things "more exciting" for the TV audience :rolleyes:

Anyone has a pic of cards they play?
What is it this year Copag, Fournier or Bicycle?

pic from Italian player Max Pescatori playing in the Main Event. He busted on day 5 in 365th position

1657723020382.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom