Official WSOP 2022 Chips Thread (1 Viewer)

95904C29-54FA-4A63-ADEA-0924E5208643.jpeg

Because of the placement, I always see “Poker World” first, which really confuses me. Should have aligned the inlays differently so World Series pops first.
Paulsons usually don't have inlays aligned with molds, and that seems to be true with these chips as well. Looks like they're randomly aligned.

So I went and played the 1K freezeout WSOP event. I prepped for the tournament strenuously. I haven’t played a hold ‘em tournament for about 9 months, and I drank like a fish from 11:30a to 6:30a the night before when my 20/40 mixed game broke (1).

(1) the game didn’t break. I passed out at the table for a full 2 minutes. Maybe 128 Captain and Cokes were a bad idea.

So I make it down the tourney fashionably late (90 minutes) after 4 hours sleep, and proceed to win a big pot with aces full my first hand.

I’m in a groove and comfortable and playing well and have GREAT reads on my table. I’ve felt like this maybe a half dozen times at a NLHE tournament and have prolly cashed 5 times. I’m going deep. Everything is PERFECT.

And then the tyrannical tourney director breaks our entire row of tables. The clock is still running. We have to bag chips and wait for directions. Clock still running. Get told to hold our chips out and follow the TD. Clock still running.

We walk through Paris and into Ballys. I know from friends that the room air is alternatively stagnant and hot and it’s miserable over there.

…I seriously thought about just turning around and going to my room with the tourney chips. They have zero way to track you, and I did NOT want to play at Bally’s. All that mojo, gone.

I busted the next level making a dumb play and then a KT < AT cooler when the turn boated him tens full and the river boated me. (TTXAK board).

Seriously wish I would’ve just gone back to the room with my bag. Prolly won’t play another WSOP tourney until we get assurances that we’ll at least continue play in the same property that we started in.

That fucking royally sucked.

Anyway, chipes.
Well dang, we could have met up.

I did think it was ridiculous that they had the rest of the Bally's room dedicated to a mixed draw lowball event - they could have held this in a single space if they had been smart.

But, based on the price pool last year - looks like 1st place was only about 60% of this year - wonder if they underestimated heartily how many people were gonna show.

20220610_120554.jpg

Also anyone watching FT of millionaire maker? Seems like someone has some Covid…awkward constant coughing into the mic

Weird story at the 250K High Roller.

They started the day with a new chip on the table, 3 of a peach/orange 5v 1M.

13.png
12.png

After about 10 hands two tournament directors came to the table, stopped the game for a minute, and replaced them with the Tri Moon 1M chips we have seen before.

14.png
Tertiary-1000000.jpeg

Theory: They accidentally introduced the Main Event 1M chips at an event, realized their mistake and pulled them from the table.

Last edited:
Video if you are curious. You can see the 5Vs in Steven's stack and he bets them on the flop to win the pot. After the hand two dudes show up. One blocks the camera and talks to the dealer while the other exchanges chips, Kabrhel makes a joke about it, and the director says "those are still millions, ok?" and after they leave the 1M chips in Steven's stack is different. Camera even zooms in on them.

Weird story at the 250K High Roller.

They started the day with a new chip on the table, 3 of a peach/orange 5v 1M.

View attachment 938477View attachment 938478

After about 10 hands two tournament directors came to the table, stopped the game for a minute, and replaced them with the Tri Moon 1M chips we have seen before.

View attachment 938482View attachment 938484

Theory: They accidentally introduced the Main Event 1M chips at an event, realized their mistake and pulled them from the table.
It sounded like there was a contrast concern for visibility, but the new chips didn't contrast much more, just had the lighter spots. The pink to orange has been one of the more questionable progressions in these sets so far.

I generally like the chips other than the small denomination numbers. Not a big fan of house molds either.

It sounded like there was a contrast concern for visibility, but the new chips didn't contrast much more, just had the lighter spots. The pink to orange has been one of the more questionable progressions in these sets so far.

Touche. They used them in the Seniors.

Also another confirmed IHC oversized chip.

15.png

In general I did not like the design... I thought that after all the years in the RIO with the same design since 2007 they would actually DO something way much better... I mean... you just can't read the number, they are super small... plus, the "Caesar's entertainment" logo is booooring...

Am I missing something here?

The 518 spot pattern is maddening.
I’ve been working on a CPC order on the 44mm scroll mold, and CPC only has 13 spot patterns available on the 44mm molds. One of the best, in my opinion, is the 514. But only because it’s almost a 614. There would be so much more you could do with a 614. I’ve thought it every which way, but I’m handcuffed - there’s no way I could put more than 2 colors on a 514 chip. Well, I guess I could do 6 colors, but that’s insanity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom