Official WSOP 2022 Chips Thread (4 Viewers)

Why the hell is red the new standard color for the T5ks, I just don’t get it.

And I feel like the 5v would look infinitely better in a single color, would actually be pretty cool.
Yeah a single color 5v would actually be cool. But they way they did it is just bad. The T100 could’ve been awesome, but nope they managed to mess it up lol.

1654111334201.png

1654111551292.png

Pfft, ya'll too OCD. That V5 is a little weird, but overall it's fine.

I suspect the same crowd that goes on and on about "edgespot progression" nonsense are the ones tilted by the lopsided color V5 spots.

Also, the fact that color/spot combos are reserved forever by GPI (i.e., never re-used) suggests there are more of these weirdo spot and color combos coming in the future.

You don't have to have OCD to be bothered by the 2 tone 5V. 1 color would have been great, or 5 different colors would be fun too (especially on a white base) but 2 just doesn't work.

I find it curious they used the same chips for the $2500 freezeout and $1500 dealer’s choice that started on the same day.

Do those half moons look real thin or is it just me?
They're super thin. I think they're almost more like a 5/16" spot that happen to be round on some of the sides of the chips. Thought they might be the RFID inserts initially because they're so shallow, but I don't think so.

Do those half moons look real thin or is it just me?

The other thing I am realizing now is all of the edgespots on every set are very small in comparison of the entire chip. Straight lines, mini triangles, and undersized half moons.

Players are also commenting early on Twitter that they are having a really easy time differentiating between denoms as compared to at the Rio. I would bet a WSOP buy-in* that this was completely intentional on their part after years of complaining. As much as we the chip nerds/snobs don't like them, they clearly went with functionality over artistic license.

Just some added perspective for people saying "WHY?"

I'd also bet a WSOP buy-in* that they probably have some kind of exclusive agreement with Paulson that the company cannot use these edgespot styles on any other chips either ever or for an agreed upon period of time (not that these forums would have any idea why they would need that....)

*offer not valid on planet Earth

As much as we the chip nerds/snobs don't like them, they clearly went with functionality over artistic license
Fully agree and i can't blame them.
I like that the bold colors make the chips easily distinguishable. I hate watching triton tournaments and not being able to tell what color they just bet.

The only ones that really standout to me in any way are the 5Vs, and they remind me of when a sports fan doesn't leave themselves enough space on their sign and has to cram in the last few letters. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that those edgespots were intentional.

All these photos.... I like their colors and spots in general but, as was already said, the denom on them is just too small.

I think the size of "WSOP" and the denom font size should be reversed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom