Official WSOP 2022 Chips Thread (2 Viewers)

At least they chose colors that contrast. Unlike say 2007 when it was:

5k - orange
25k - peach
50k - pink
100k - lavendar

1.png

2.png

3.png

Why’d they go with such boring edge spots on all the chips. Like this is the biggest poker event of the year at least make the chips look really good for the people watching on ESPN. The first set with the 5 spots is okay, but the second one with the micro trimoon (?) spots is a big miss.

Also wierd that the 500s has single colored spots, while the 100, 1k and 5k has 2 colored spots...

These chips somehow remind me of the cheap ish limited BBC line that GPI offered (offers?) a couple years ago.

So I thought I could tolerate them, but after seeing this I stand by the statement that the 5v spot pattern is actually the worst. There are no redeeming factors about the spot pattern. I hope they never put these on TV because as a chipper if I saw these on ESPN a piece of my soul would leave my body.

Edit: it would be fine if they did it all one color or all different. The way they did it this time is just bad.

Why the hell is red the new standard color for the T5ks, I just don’t get it.

And I feel like the 5v would look infinitely better in a single color, would actually be pretty cool.
I actually think it makes sense. Sometimes orange and yellow depending on the shades can get a bit annoying. By the time a 5k chip is needed, the 5 chip (if it was even a thing) is no longer used. So restart the color cycle. They have already been making the 25k green. So why not make the 5k red?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom