Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (39 Viewers)

That's $100 more than I paid for my PVW 20!
That's from one of the best stores in the area too. This is what I'm usually dealing with....

Screenshot_20240319_073439_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240319_090837_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240319_090847_Chrome.jpg

This approach just never made any sense to me. Let the bottle sit on the shelf for years with the hope that someday, one dude with more money than brains will stop by and pluck it. They'd be so much better selling these for a more reasonable markup, lottery style either through some kind of customer loyalty program or with requirement to purchase something else that day.

Would you spend $50 on a 1 in 120 chance at an Eagle Rare 17? Losers all get an ER 10. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

And lookie here…

View attachment 1295371

Oh well. Next time!
Considering I just found the 10 year locally for $115, that was a steal! (No I didn’t pay it)

It’s not the easiest for me to consistently get, but ER 10yr is a $45 bottle in NC. I MIGHT pay up to $60 for one if I was out and hadn’t seen one in a while. $110…GTFO
you can't find that for under $100 in these parts; if you can even find it at all. I have 2, and paid a lot less (both were traded for)

New mission. Make shelf space by killing bottles that I won't replace. Bought way too much speculative whiskey during Covid. Starting with these.
20240319_195057.jpg

Hearing good things on that kentucky oak.
Same here. I blame @Saoliver ..... Again.... ;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

J/k of course. I was chatting with @Billy Baroo about this the other day, I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and reviews, there are soooo many different offerings out there and so little time, I do a good deal of my purchases these days based on reviews and recommendations from reading and chatting with the group. This thread is one of my favorites on PCF and this little subsection of the forum is such a cool little group of crazies. I'd love to do a whiskey PCFer meet-up one of these days somewhere on the whiskey trail in Ketucky with you all!

PS - we should hit 1k pages this year, I think we'll eventually catch mail thread lol

Same here. I blame @Saoliver ..... Again.... ;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

J/k of course. I was chatting with @Billy Baroo about this the other day, I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and reviews, there are soooo many different offerings out there and so little time, I do a good deal of my purchases these days based on reviews and recommendations from reading and chatting with the group. This thread is one of my favorites on PCF and this little subsection of the forum is such a cool little group of crazies. I'd love to do a whiskey PCFer meet-up one of these days somewhere on the whiskey trail in Ketucky with you all!

PS - we should hit 1k pages this year, I think we'll eventually catch mail thread lol

I agree. This is usually the first thread that I check!

Aren't all meet ups kind of "whiskey meet ups". Hell, that is how I approach them.

I like Johnny Walker Black if I'm drinking scotch (it's better than the gold and red, and I've never had the blue).
I'm a Maker's Mark fan for bourbon, it's made our state neighbor to the north. Good old traditional bourbon.
Crown Royal for blended Candian Whiskey (Seagram's VO is a close second).
Skyyy is my cheap vodka of choice, Grey Goose is a fine choice for a nicer vodka.
Rum - not something I drink often, but generally Bacardi Dark.
Tequila - El Dueno, maybe the best tequila to pass my lips. Jose Cuervo is trash (IMO).

Aren't all meet ups kind of "whiskey meet ups". Hell, that is how I approach them.

Yep same here, but we usually get - at most - 4 to 6 guys that are really whiskey guys. ie the two or three dozen nuts that have accounted for roughly 80% of the nearly 27 thousand posts & pics in this thread lol. I've had the pleasure of chilling with you and a few others over the years, but there are still a bunch of you I haven't had the chance to meet yet.

Plus: how cool would it be to hit up a couple distilleries each afternoon - stock up on bottles and then had back and play some cards and toast away in the evening?

It's been added to the bucket list :tup:

Yep same here, but we usually get - at most - 4 to 6 guys that are really whiskey guys. ie the two or three dozen nuts that have accounted for roughly 80% of the nearly 27 thousand posts & pics in this thread lol. I've had the pleasure of chilling with you and a few others over the years, but there are still a bunch of you I haven't had the chance to meet yet.

Plus: how cool would it be to hit up a couple distilleries each afternoon - stock up on bottles and then had back and play some cards and toast away in the evening?

In

in !!

Similarly, I'm taking a trip with some old college friends this May. We rented an Airbnb in Kentucky that features an amazing house and backyard, and hired a guide service for the bourbon trail.

Distilleries and sampling during the day, cards, horse race, shuffleboard, fires, bbq and more drinks at night.

Last edited:
Similarly, I'm taking a trip with some old college friends this May. We rented an Airbnb in Kentucky that features an amazing house and backyard, and hired a guide service for the bourbon trail.

Distilleries and sampling during the day, cards, horse race, shuffleboard, fires, bbq and more drinks at night.
That’s exactly what I had in mind. Sounds like you already have this planned out, consider yourself officially nominated as the PCF whiskey meetup chief! ;)

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom