Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (47 Viewers)

Got the notification from the local store about their barrel pick, so I had to run out and get one (my first JD bottles). All of the stores around me now make you buy another bottle to get the store pick, so they essentially cost 2x as much. I’m told they do that so they sell enough regular stuff to get invited back to do more barrel picks based on sales.

IMG_5825.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the notification from the local store about their barrel pick, so I had to run out and get one (my first JD bottles). All of the stores around me know make you buy another bottle to get the store pick, so they essentially cost 2x as much. I’m told they do that so they sell enough regular stuff to get invited back to do more barrel picks based on sales.

View attachment 1297583

Wait, so which one was your "other" bottle?

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Got the notification from the local store about their barrel pick, so I had to run out and get one (my first JD bottles). All of the stores around me now make you buy another bottle to get the store pick, so they essentially cost 2x as much. I’m told they do that so they sell enough regular stuff to get invited back to do more barrel picks based on sales.

View attachment 1297583
Drinking the rye tonight with an Arturo Fuente sungrown 858! Another winning session to celebrate!

It’s the kind of thing that makes one cringe a bit when you first think about it - nah, that’ll never work - but gets more plausible the more you chew on it. Especially after a few bourbons :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

And I think there are enough of us within driving distance for garner enough interest, even if it’s just say a two table meetup with like 12 to 18 guys. And I can think of at least a couple more further away that would consider flying in.

View attachment 1296562

A decent sized, multi bedroom AirBNB outside Louisville or Lexington within striking distance of a half dozen distilleries, a couple of guys driving in with tables or rollout mats, a few chip sets and some local catering. It would definitely require a small core group to organize and lead the way, but it’s doable. If I wasn’t prepping for my oldest to head to college this fall I’d consider it, but I just don’t have the capacity at the moment. So for now, bucket list :)
I’m not eligible for meet ups yet, but PLEASE let me know if this comes together…would love to be a part of this!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom