Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (33 Viewers)

IMG_7970.jpeg

Lives up to the hype. Cheers

Any one in the St. Louis, MO area that could help me out with reshipping? Drop me a line if you could. Much appreciated!

I always have an 1910 & 1920 on hand, have to pick up an 1897 at some point, haven't tried that one yet.
1897 is great, but when I have 1910 and 1920 on hand, I almost always end up reaching for one of those over the 1897. Unfortunately in PA 1910 and 1920 are often unavailable, so the 1897 is there when I want old forester.

Visited the JD Distillery a few weeks ago and picked up a Distillery Series Selection 12. Haven't tried it yet, but I just had the sample of Selection 10 finished in pecan wood chips: delicious pecan pie with maple syrup and a nice 120 proof. Excellent pour. Thanks @Pinkdan!

jd pecan.jpeg

Visited the JD Distillery a few weeks ago and picked up a Distillery Series Selection 12. Haven't tried it yet, but I just had the sample of Selection 10 finished in pecan wood chips: delicious pecan pie with maple syrup and a nice 120 proof. Excellent pour. Thanks @Pinkdan!

View attachment 1299764
Awesome! Great pic btw. I love your setup

I almost snorted my bourbon out of my nose...View attachment 1300959

Shelf bourbons? Pappy? LOL!

I actually made the best old fashioned I've ever had a couple of nights ago. When traveling a few months ago, I bought an Elijah Craig barrel strength store pick. It's good, but not quite up to the level of the regular ECBPs. I figured, why not put it in an OF? Yeah, great idea.

Shelf bourbons? Pappy? LOL!

I actually made the best old fashioned I've ever had a couple of nights ago. When traveling a few months ago, I bought an Elijah Craig barrel strength store pick. It's good, but not quite up to the level of the regular ECBPs. I figured, why not put it in an OF? Yeah, great idea.
I had multiple ECBP old fashioneds at my company Christmas dinner out at a fancy seafood spot. They were delicious.

My old fashioned shortlist:
  1. Alberta premium rye cask strength
  2. Bulleit 10 or barrel strength
  3. Jack Daniel’s bonded rye
  4. KC 120 proof store picks
  5. Makers 101
  6. Woodford

Options I’ve been meaning to test out….
  • Barrell sea grass
  • Blackened rye the lightning
  • An ECBP I don’t love, maybe B523 or B522
  • Stellum Rye
  • WT rare breed (bourbon and rye)

5. Makers 101
  6. Woodford

• Barrell sea grass
  • Stellum Rye
I don't think I could ever bring myself to put Barrel Seagrass in an OF. It's just too damn good a sipper. I nurse that bottle.

I didn't love Alberta Premium as a sipper, so I made a lot of OFs and Manhattans with that one. Yum!

For the most part, if it's over $60 a bottle, I probably wouldn't make cocktails with it very often unless like AP I didn't just love it as a sipper. But I'll try anything once! WT101 and OF100 are my house bottles of bourbon and rye for cocktails. I also recently picked up Old Overholt BiB to try in cocktails. But I hear it might be good enough to sip too. Haven't opened it yet.

5. Makers 101
  6. Woodford

• Barrell sea grass
  • Stellum Rye
Well, you have an Alberta coming in early June on me…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom