Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (82 Viewers)

An @Windwalker gift from MinneMania that will be getting shared soon. Thanks, Krish!

AB71518D-F4FA-4AE3-BD8B-37263C273277.jpeg

More acquisitions from small ma and pa store...

Most Willett I've ever seen in a store at once, so grabbed a few and will gift them.

Nicest store manager ever, retail pricing. Fun experience.

He raved about this old forester so strongly, couldn't pass it up.

Since I love WT products and rye, pumped for the RB.

View attachment 737776
What did the Willet run you? I have one near me at $80 but feels a little too steep.

@ChaosRock @Big Jilm @gopherblue

I'm looking for expert opinions here. I know a guy who wants to sell a George T. Stagg 2018, but wants me to make an offer. So, I might be playing that game.

I'm really not afraid to insult him, but where should I start?

I'm looking for expert opinions here. I know a guy who wants to sell a George T. Stagg 2018, but wants me to make an offer. So, I might be playing that game.

While not the best resource gives you an idea.
E401C1D1-B385-4CF7-9EB0-1F568B904AF4.png

I paid ~$300 for the 2020 from the store last year. Maybe he paid around that and if you meet somewhere in between you can both be happy?

I think $400 is a fair opening offer for secondary

I think I'd happily pay up to $500. I was able to get a 2-3oz pour / bottle kill at a bar near me for $25 and after tasting it would have drank the whatever they had left at that price.

I’m in the minority here, but I think these prices are crazy. I also think if he’s making you offer a number first, that’s BS. You should start low. $250.

Edit: He wants to sell a GTS? He should have a price in mind. Otherwise, he's gaming you, and that's not very neighborly. Game him back. Maybe even go $200. FWIW, I think most of the store pricing out there that is above $500 is aspirational, at best. There is a reason their bottle of 2018 is still on the shelf.

Last edited:

I'm with @Esection regarding his ballpark.

If you do not mind insulting him, I'd go $300 to open up a conversation. He might bite. It all depends if he knows how much his bottle is worth.

GTS hasn't been $400 on the secondary for quite a while. The 19' is the one who gets closer to that value but still more than that.

I'm with @Esection regarding his ballpark.

If you do not mind insulting him, I'd go $300 to open up a conversation. He might bite. It all depends if he knows how much his bottle is worth.

GTS hasn't been $400 on the secondary for quite a while. The 19' is the one who gets closer to that value but still more than that.
Got it at $400. I think he was kind to me because I shared info about my honey hole that gets in a lot of Stagg Jr. :)

Anyone planning on doing one of the WhiskeyFest events this year? My dad & I went a few years back and had a great time. I was looking at the NYC event in November and was a little disappointed with the list, especially on the scotch side of the aisle:

https://www.whiskyadvocate.com/whiskyfest/new-york/whisky-list/

Notable scotches missing:
Glendronach
Glenmorangie
Ardbeg
Oban
Lagavulin
Macallan

Doesn't look like ORVW will be attending this year either. :tdown: There are a few pours I haven't had that will be there (GTS, EHT, Larceny), but given the price tag ($300+) and offerings I'm leaning towards a no-go.

Anyone else considering going this year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom