Oasis GB BatSh*t Crazy Color Choices (1 Viewer)

Which Color Lineup

• Row 1

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Row 2

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I like the colors, but in a different order

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate your color choices

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Row 3

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Row 4

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

BearMetal

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I've convinced myself to get an Oasis set in the current group buy. Between the nice molds, the fact that SunFly listened to us and offered the ability to remove the denom ring, and their complimentary semi-customization, this is stupid to pass up.

I've gone through the colors and these are my top five. If I had to add a 6th color, it would be the black 100. 3 of the colors I do not like at all (12, 17, and 20) and the rest (Red 11, Black 13, and Orange 16) I don't love, but they are going to be speciality chips.

I care not for standard colors, and there are a few lineups that I've been going back-and-forth over. So I figured I'd ask here and have you all rip me a new one ...

image1.png

And just for a reference, here's all of them:

1716577691789.png

Last edited:
I don’t mind 19 for the $1. In fact I quite like it with 15 in the $5 spot. Personally I’d go something Cali inspired with

20/19/15/13/10

Isn’t Row 2 is standard colors for Cali for the $1, $5, $100 at least?

I actually prefer Row 1 regardless.
Yeah, it's pretty close to Cali (which I do really like in general). Purple fracs though; I don't think I see it that much. Yellow fracs are a favorite of mine, but that brown chip; it's possibly the best in the set, and I hate putting it at $20 or $100 since it won't get much play.

I also am leaning toward row 1.

I don’t mind 19 for the $1. In fact I quite like it with 15 in the $5 spot. Personally I’d go something Cali inspired with

20/19/15/13/10
On the screen, #20 is nice. But in person, it's my least favorite ... With that said, I think I am going for something Cali-inspired. Here's your lineup:

image1-8.png

The $1 and $5 look good, but then when you put them directly next to each other, it's too much yellow. Compared to the colors in the set, the yellow really pops and it feels kinda out of place as the $5. That's why I have it as the $100 in row 1.

I added a few options people suggested here ... Part of the issue is that the colors in person don't really match the screen. Just like with CPC chips, you have to have samples (which I do) ... so although you might think it looks good, when I tried the combination in person, it didn't really work.

I like Row 3, but I'd swap the 500 into the 100 spot, assuming this is .25 - 1 - 5 - 20 - 100

I like Row 3, but I'd swap the 500 into the 100 spot, assuming this is .25 - 1 - 5 - 20 - 100
#20 is one of my least favorite colors in person. I agree that it looks good in a lineup online.

As far as the purple being put into the $100 spot, it would mean that it rarely gets used. Maybe 2 in the table by the end of the night. Since it's one of the best colors, I'm trying to keep it to the lower demons.

Based on how you describe your likes and dislikes, I think #5 is the way to go.
Another suggestion would be the following:

14 - 19 - 21 - 10 - 15
#5? You mean the last row? The brown (21) and black (13) don't work well together in person.

14 - 19 - 21 - 10 - 15

image1-6-7-8-6-6.png

Yeah, that's nice!

I think these are my top 3 right now:

g5.png

Beautiful non-traditional color combo!

Only thing I'd double-check is the brown vs blue. Possible dirty stacks? If brown vs blue is mistakable - replace the blue chip with black.

Don't worry about brown vs blue until you get samples.

Edit: or swap brown with black, but I like the idea of brown $5s. It all comes down to the edge spots being matching colors.

1716594638433.png

Last edited:
Beautiful non-traditional color combo!

Only thing I'd double-check is the brown vs blue. Possible dirty stacks? If brown vs blue is mistakable - replace the blue chip with black.

Don't worry about brown vs blue until you get samples.

Edit: or swap brown with black, but I like the idea of brown $5s. It all comes down to the edge spots being matching colors.

Both the brown and the blue chips have the same edge spots. Yellow on the outside and orange on the inside. However, the brown and the blue base color are quite different and should not cause a dirty stack.

The black chip might actually be more of an issue with a dirty stack with the brown. That's one reason that it's not in the lineup.

The brown chip is actually one of my favorites. That's why I'm trying to include it as a lower denomination. I originally had it as a $100 and then a $20. But there's just not going to be enough of them on the table unless they are $5s.

1000003193.jpg

Both the brown and the blue chips have the same edge spots. Yellow on the outside and orange on the inside. However, the brown and the blue base color are quite different and should not cause a dirty stack.

The black chip might actually be more of an issue with a dirty stack with the brown. That's one reason that it's not in the lineup.

The brown chip is actually one of my favorites. That's why I'm trying to include it as a lower denomination. I originally had it as a $100 and then a $20. But there's just not going to be enough of them on the table unless they are $5s.

View attachment 1333899
That's top-tier man ...

I love it - brown vs blue is no problem

Last edited:
#5? You mean the last row? The brown (21) and black (13) don't work well together in person.

14 - 19 - 21 - 10 - 15

View attachment 1333857

Yeah, that's nice!

I think these are my top 3 right now:

View attachment 1333859
I agree with 14 - 19 - 21 - 10 - 15 as well: thank you for sharing photos of the chips in stacks--it helped me decide on my colors for the group buy :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom