My Unofficial Review of the SunFly OASIS Chips (3 Viewers)

Well, actually it was.
Nice gaslighting. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

A comparison between notably grippy, textured ceramic chips and smooth ”slippery as Matsui” plastics is needed to know which performs better on the ’slippery scale’? Or maybe it’s that for some reason Tina chips just need to be brought up in every conversation now? :unsure:

IMG_3743.gif

I see nothing wrong with comparing all chips (regardless of composition or manufacturer) to determine their place on the 'slippery scale'. Especially new types of chips.
Thank you Dave. My thinking in looking for a comparison of these two chips didn't really have much to do with whether or not they were made of similar materials. It was more in line with comparing two very new chips that were in a more budget friendly price range, as compared to the higher end injected plastic & compressed clay chips that we all know and love. Additionally, one of the biggest gripes I've been hearing for the past three years about Tina chips is that they are too slippery, so when that was mentioned here, it made me think about doing this comparison.

I would think you animals would be happy to see that this manufacturer is listening to their customers, making improvements to their products, and is now producing a chip that is less slippery than their previous offerings.

Looking at your pictures, the ceramic web mold hybrid has very clear crosshatching/texture, while these new plastic chips seem to be smooth. Very much apples to oranges, so what’s the point? We might as well take some rough sandpaper to a printed ceramic chip, and see how it fairs compared to this plastic chip after a proper scratch test. ;)

Since when is looking a pics of a chip a satisfactory method of assessing how good or bad they may feel? Just because you have already made up your mind that you hate anything produced by this manufacturer sight unseen, doesn't mean everyone else has.

Since when is looking a pics of a chip a satisfactory method of assessing how good or bad they may feel? Just because you have already made up your mind that you hate anything produced by this manufacturer sight unseen, doesn't mean everyone else has.
Direct quote from your review of the web mold hybrids: "First - the feel. As soon as I picked one up, I immediately noticed how grippy it is. Not sure if the cross hatching is deeper or it's the Web mold itself, but these babies feel awesome!" Proof that I can read as well and not only look at the pics! :cool

While I personally have zero interest in getting a set of Tina chips, claiming that I hate them is pretty strong (they are inanimate objects after all). But I do kind of hate it when people nonchalantly threadjack to promote them. Even if that was not your intention, you did rave about the Tina web molds and posted a link to your review of them in a thread about the upcoming Sun-Fly plastic chips, so it came off that way. I'll admit my response was overly harsh, and for that I apologize.

Direct quote from your review of the web mold hybrids: "First - the feel. As soon as I picked one up, I immediately noticed how grippy it is. Not sure if the cross hatching is deeper or it's the Web mold itself, but these babies feel awesome!" Proof that I can read as well and not only look at the pics! :cool
Looking at your pictures, (and after reading your post) the ceramic web mold hybrid has very clear crosshatching/texture, while these new plastic chips seem to be smooth. Very much apples to oranges, so what’s the point? We might as well take some rough sandpaper to a printed ceramic chip, and see how it fairs compared to this plastic chip after a proper scratch test. ;)
fyp.

While I personally have zero interest in getting a set of Tina chips, claiming that I hate them is pretty strong (they are inanimate objects after all). But I do kind of hate it when people nonchalantly threadjack to promote them. Even if that was not your intention, you did rave about the Tina web molds and posted a link to your review of them in a thread about the upcoming Sun-Fly plastic chips, so it came off that way. I'll admit my response was overly harsh, and for that I apologize.
For some reason, you quoted the second half of my most recent post, while ignoring the first half where I explained my motivation for my original post. I guess it's easier to criticize me when you can make up a reason, rather than just using the one I gave.

Also, I'm curious as to why my posts where I suggest comparing other chips to the chips that are the subject of this thread are threadjacking, but your posts that are just bitching at me (and @BGinGA ) are not... :unsure:

For some reason, you quoted the second half of my most recent post, while ignoring the first half where I explained my motivation for my original post. I guess it's easier to criticize me when you can make up a reason, rather than just using the one I gave.
IDK that part seemed to be mostly about Tina again. ¯\_(ツ) _/¯

Also, I'm curious as to why my posts where I suggest comparing other chips to the chips that are the subject of this thread are threadjacking, but your posts that are just bitching at me (and @BGinGA ) are not... :unsure:
You’re right, feel free to PM me if you wish to continue this further.

Great review Tommy.

@kmccormick100 I don't think they are as slippery as matsui. I could slide barrels of chips around the table with minimum effort.

This doesn't mean they aren't slippery btw. I think they would be acceptable dependant on the price.
I love Abbiati and want a 5 chip to go along with my mixed set. Gemacos were my runner up, but haven't found any of either brand that line up with what I have been looking for to complete my set.

Looking forward to getting my sample. If these are similar to either Abbiati or Gemaco in feel and sound it will be a slam dunk. If they are indeed more like Matsui I will likely pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom