New Greek Mold - Testing out our labels (2 Viewers)

Wifey

GEAR LABELS
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just putting out a post to point at when the questions start coming in. :)
TL;DR - Custom Sample Sets, cut to fit the new Greek Mold chips are available - please email me at ask@gearlabels.com to get one.

So @justincarothers at Broken Arrow Cardroom Supply is awesome and he made sure we got a sample set of his new Greek Mold Hybrids.
New Greek Key What Fits Thickness Wise.JPG

We tested out all our laminates and our matte unlaminated too, and here is what we found:

The only one we don't recommend is matte unlaminated.
There is no inlay space to put the unlaminated label. So the over label stands proud of the rest of the chip. (it is the highest point on the chip)
This leads to racking/stacking issues and the label edges pulling up and getting dirty and not re-sticking over time.
Removing existing labels from these chips is fairly easy, but one side has the manufacturing divots, and the matte unlaminated is not thick enough to cover it.
Matte Unaminated a No Go.JPG

We found you don't NEED the thicker laminate to effectively cover up the manufacturing divots.
You can get away with all our normal laminates. Prices posted on our website.

We tested the Thick Matt and Thick Glossy with their regular counterparts side by side in directional light.
Glossy SbS Directional Light Normal.JPG Glossy SbS Directional Light Thick.JPG Matte SbS in directional light.JPG
The regular glossy has the barest hint of the manufacture's marks if you burnish the hell out of them...Don't do that and you will be fine.
The thicker laminates will be a bit more flush with the chip's surface, but is it 10¢ per chip worth it?
S'up to you.

We have custom sized sample kits for this chip only.
Same price as our normal ones.

Email me at ask@gearlabels.com if you would like one.

Last edited:
Very cool. Will shaped labels work on these? I am wondering if they will look good, being that the injection points are in the label recess.

Very cool. Will shaped labels work on these? I am wondering if they will look good, being that the injection points are in the label recess.
Same rules apply to these as to any other manufacturer.
Actual cut to shape, shaped inlays? No. Circles only.

FAUX shape inlays? Sure!
We have all the same colours as the sample set.
If you have different colours than that, we will need a sample chip to do that colour match.

Fantastic! No doubt you'll pick up a bunch of orders for these. Looking forward to seeing your labels continue to thrive on a new medium.

Hey Everyone,

Just putting out a post to point at when the questions start coming in. :)
TL;DR - Custom Sample Sets, cut to fit the new Greek Mold chips are available - please email me at ask@gearlabels.com to get one.

So @justincarothers at Broken Arrow Cardroom Supply is awesome and he made sure we got a sample set of his new Greek Mold Hybrids.
View attachment 1208041

We tested out all our laminates and our matte unlaminated too, and here is what we found:

The only one we don't recommend is matte unlaminated.
There is no inlay space to put the unlaminated label. So the over label stands proud of the rest of the chip. (it is the highest point on the chip)
This leads to racking/stacking issues and the label edges pulling up and getting dirty and not re-sticking over time.
Removing existing labels from these chips is fairly easy, but one side has the manufacturing divots, and the matte unlaminated is not thick enough to cover it.
View attachment 1208049

We found you don't NEED the thicker laminate to effectively cover up the manufacturing divots.
You can get away with all our normal laminates. Prices posted on our website.

We tested the Thick Matt and Thick Glossy with their regular counterparts side by side in directional light.
View attachment 1208037 View attachment 1208038 View attachment 1208039
The regular glossy has the barest hint of the manufacture's marks if you burnish the hell out of them...Don't do that and you will be fine.
The thicker laminates will be a bit more flush with the chip's surface, but is it 10¢ per chip worth it?
S'up to you.

We have custom sized sample kits for this chip only.
Same price as our normal ones.

Email me at ask@gearlabels.com if you would like one.
This is so helpful. Thanks for the detail and info.

Hey Wifey,

i would like to order the Greek Mold. Now im confused. Is there a Mold for the Label or not? Or is there enough Space for the new Label?

May u can help me :)

Hey Wifey,

i would like to order the Greek Mold. Now im confused. Is there a Mold for the Label or not? Or is there enough Space for the new Label?

May u can help me :)
Hello!

You purchase the chips from @justincarothers via this PCF thread.
From him, you can choose to buy these chips with or without labels.
These chips have a space for labels to fit, either purchased with the chips or purchased from a third party like us.

The most cost effective option is to get your chips and labels direct from justincarothers.
Our labels cost as much as those labelled chips.

Because of the cost of our labels, we find the main reasons why people purchase our product for these chips are the following:
  • They have a second hand set they didn't order direct from the vendor and want different artwork on their label.
  • They love the look and feel of our textured laminate on their chips, and are willing to take the extra steps for that option.

Reach out to justincarothers.
If you decide you want our labels, send an email to ask@gearlabels.com

Cheers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom