My thoughts on the new web mold hybrid chips (2 Viewers)

Darthhoodie

Flush
Reaction score
In my opinion, these are definitely the best iteration of China clay/hybrid ceramic/ whatever you want to call them.
Colors are great, quality control on my sample barrel was excellent, stack height and weight was uniform from color to color.
Good feel, shuffles well, no cc smell like Milano's or their like. The printing on the label is top notch.
They seem to be very consistent in weight, around 9 grams + a tiny bit. That may seem light in theory, but they don't feel light or unsubstantial at all.
The edges are less rounded than other hybrids, if your careful, you can get them to stand on edge if that's something you care about.
They stack well, no spinners in my sample of 20. The texture is nice, grippy but not so much that they stick together. The texture doesn't negatively effect the chips ability to be shuffled.
Great chips in my opinion.

image_50448385.JPG
unnamed.jpg

Here are some weights of 5 chip stacks for comparison.

image_67239169.JPGimage_67193345.JPGimage_67182081.JPGimage_67205889.JPGimage_67193089.JPGimage_67203585.JPGimage_67201793.JPGimage_67207681.JPGimage_67237377.JPG

Not sure about the small crown, but I like the web better than the other Tina molds.
I have never been a "Tina chip guy", not because I have any issue with them, but I'm not usually in the market for CC's or Hybrid ceramics.
Something about this mold kind of sucked me in. Would like to see how they hold up long term.

Comparing web mold to new Greek mold - web mold is more grippy, Greek a little slick in comparison. Feel about equal, weight same. Both great priced alternatives.

Anybody compare these to those other hybrid ceramics we all went wild for, a few years back? Sunfly?

In my opinion, these are definitely the best iteration of China clay/hybrid ceramic/ whatever you want to call them.
Colors are great, quality control on my sample barrel was excellent, stack height and weight was uniform from color to color.
Good feel, shuffles well, no cc smell like Milano's or their like. The printing on the label is top notch.
They seem to be very consistent in weight, around 9 grams + a tiny bit. That may seem light in theory, but they don't feel light or unsubstantial at all.
The edges are less rounded than other hybrids, if your careful, you can get them to stand on edge if that's something you care about.
They stack well, no spinners in my sample of 20. The texture is nice, grippy but not so much that they stick together. The texture doesn't negatively effect the chips ability to be shuffled.
Great chips in my opinion.

View attachment 1299619View attachment 1299620

Here are some weights of 5 chip stacks for comparison.

View attachment 1299621View attachment 1299622View attachment 1299623View attachment 1299624View attachment 1299625View attachment 1299626View attachment 1299627View attachment 1299628View attachment 1299630

Good to know, I have a set of web mold hybrid chips on the way.

Just got mine as well and can’t speak highly enough about them. My issue now is justin has great new options every month so im afraid I will get some and then like the next months offering more and we know what that leads to.

Just got mine as well and can’t speak highly enough about them. My issue now is justin has great new options every month so im afraid I will get some and then like the next months offering more and we know what that leads to.

Ya I know what you mean, I ordered a set of the Sands cash and now I thinking maybe a tourney set as well.

I got a sample barrel too. I really like them. I'm torn as to what to do right now, as I'm looking at getting my first set. BR Poker Pro ceramics, Tina Ceramic Hybrids, Apache China Clays..........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom