NFL Survivor Pool (1 Viewer)

In the settings preference there isn't an option to choose whether the games are picked vs the spread or not. It does show the point spread at the picks page. I'm inclined to think that is how we have to make our picks.

Oh shit really? Hahaha I didn't even think about the spread.

I've looked all over the site and I can find anything that says one way or another. I even created a second league and the same thing popped up. Weird.

It's tough to go along with this, without any dates or anything, but this says no spread.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN7053.html

It does look that way doesn't it.

I tired to find a "contact" email address to ask. Damn work is also getting in the way. I just had to throw a father out of one of the clinics because he was being an asshole. Glad he didn't want to fight. He looks to be about 5.6 and 300 pounds. Built like a damn refrigerator.

The spread they show has varied consistently, even after I made my pick. I believe the spread (and the money line) are just shown for additional information. I believe you are selecting the winner, nothing more, and not vs the spread.

If your picking a SUN team as the winner. Why would you want to have to make that decision on THUR. Something could change between now and kick off that might have you reconsider your pick.

Sure things can change. Things can change during a game. Half a dozen teams will be starting key players on a "game-time decision" by week 5. Sports betting is all about making the best decisions with incomplete information, just like poker. You don't get to see an opponent's hole cards before you call their "all-in".

It just would make the game a little more interesting. When 2 teams I like (KC and the Pats) are head-to-head, I have nobody to root for. The only reason I like the gambol of sports betting is because it makes sports far more exciting.

As far as rules - I'm wondering it you can select the same team over multiple weeks. The last time I saw something like this you were picking some pretty sloppy teams by week 6, and it meant looking further out on the schedule when choosing your team of the week.

I'm also assuming 1 strike and your out, or are there multiple strikes before elimination?

Rules for double (or triple etc) elimination of the remaining players in a single week?

The spread they show has varied consistently, even after I made my pick. I believe the spread (and the money line) are just shown for additional information. I believe you are selecting the winner, nothing more, and not vs the spread.

Sure things can change. Things can change during a game. Half a dozen teams will be starting key players on a "game-time decision" by week 5. Sports betting is all about making the best decisions with incomplete information, just like poker. You don't get to see an opponent's hole cards before you call their "all-in".

It just would make the game a little more interesting. When 2 teams I like (KC and the Pats) are head-to-head, I have nobody to root for. The only reason I like the gambol of sports betting is because it makes sports far more exciting.

As far as rules - I'm wondering it you can select the same team over multiple weeks. The last time I saw something like this you were picking some pretty sloppy teams by week 6, and it meant looking further out on the schedule when choosing your team of the week.

I'm also assuming 1 strike and your out, or are there multiple strikes before elimination?

Rules for double (or triple etc) elimination of the remaining players in a single week?

One strike and your out. Any survivor pool I've played in you only get to pick a team once. In weak 13 if this is still going on then you will have to make two picks per week.

If you want to have a chance to root for every team then we could do a separate pool as @Forty4 requested. Its a pick'em. You pick every single game every single week. Whoever has the most picks at the end of the season wins. I could fire that up and start it for week #2 to give everyone a chance to sign up? It could be another $10.00 buy in?

The spread they show has varied consistently, even after I made my pick.

I believe the spread can change through THUR. I disagree. I don't want to be forced to pick SUN's games on THUR afternoon. Sometimes I don't have a chance to look at the games until SAT.

Since I'm running it, I picked SUN at game time :) There is the option to lock them at THUR's start time. Like I said. I'm not a fan of that.

I believe the spread can change through THUR. I disagree. I don't want to be forced to pick SUN's games on THUR afternoon. Sometimes I don't have a chance to look at the games until SAT.

Since I'm running it, I picked SUN at game time :) There is the option to lock them at THUR's start time. Like I said. I'm not a fan of that.

Fair enough - at least it's an option. (y) :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting this together. If I win I'll pick up an extra-special bottle of bourbon for when you drop by.

so, before I start up a second Yahoo contest. Who would be interested in a $10.00 Yahoo NFL pick'em contest. If so, would you rather pick the games straight up, or against the spread. I don't mind either (but if I had to choose I'd go with against the spread, its a lot tougher).

I'm good with just the one contest. I like the survivor better because picking all the games requires either a lot of research or a lot of luck. When it comes to money, I don't care for making luck-based decisions. I like to feel like I made the best possible decision based on pure logic, even when my logic is totally wrong.

Any survivor pool I've been in has always been just picking the winner straight up.
As for a pickem contest, I would play.

One down, nine to go.

Felt weird cheering both for and against my adopted home team as the Titans just couldn't achieve full traction. I can't wait to be able to make my picks for week 2!

I do not know what the heck is going in here. I picked I think I lost points of no points. I guess I am out? What are the rules. I guess if I am out I do not have to worry about it now.

There are no points. Pick the winning team, survive to play another week. Pick a losing team and you're out.

Swift and to the point. I expect this to last 5-6 weeks, but you never know. If there is anyone still standing in week 13, you need to pick 2 winning teams each week. Get either one wrong and you're out.

Don't feel bad guys, I didn't forget about just you. I also forgot to enter picks in my other two pools........

I totally forgot everything about this nothing posted since the 11th and I think I am out anyway. I have no idea! Cn I right the $10 donation off as a loss?
LOL

I totally forgot everything about this nothing posted since the 11th and I think I am out anyway. I have no idea! Cn I right the $10 donation off as a loss?
LOL

You were out week 1. Sorry

Don't feel bad guys, I didn't forget about just you. I also forgot to enter picks in my other two pools........

That sucks

Wow, NE made it tough on a few of us that picked them. I thought for sure I was going to be eliminated.

F'ing Miami! Seriously?!? You can't beat the bottom of the barrel Jets? Wow.

IMG_2219.JPG

I won the a few years ago in week 12. The following year I was or in week one lol

I feel pretty good about my picks through week 7, then it gets murky.

That said, Packers-Bengals squeaker caught me off-guard and I may re-evaluate my system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom