New Theme: Canadiana, or something, eh? (2 Viewers)

So many great ideas, thanks everyone. I've already reached out to @Johnny5 and I'm sure he'll be able to turn my crude vision into something magical.

In the meantime, lots of time to refine those colours and edge spots! (and find a way to work in a red & white Canada chip).

headline.Justin.white.1_1024x1024.jpg

How about this?

Trying a few different colour combos out. The more I play, the more I realize how difficult it is to find a colour combo for a base white $100 that I like. Starting to feel like Charcoal is the way to go...

Looking at the sample colours, I realize that Dayglow Orange looks vastly different in real life vs. online.

Mocked up a green $25 as well just to see... I've always liked that colour combo from the ESPT T25.

View attachment 500625

View attachment 500627

Trying some different things out with the frac and $1, as well as some tweaks to the spot progression. How's this vs. the previous two iterations? What are the thoughts on the darker $25 (purple vs. lavender)?
1596230926730.png

Wynona's got a great big beaver lodge.

Can't wait to see final designs.
Different Canadian animal for each inlay would be pretty neat. You also have some pretty good chip designs.

Pretty hard choosing between last 3 lineups.
All 3 are good in my opinion.

I'd say 3/4 of my coworkers are so young they wouldn't get most references made in this thread. The Mackenzie brothers, the log driver's waltz. Ah the memories....

In light of the spot progression for the frac, $5, $25 and $100, I've been playing with a few different options for the $1.

Ignoring the colours for the moment, any thoughts on which spot pattern works best within the context of the other chips:

Options for $1:
1596395653615.png

Existing spot patterns (I'm pretty set on the spot design for the frac, $5, $25... could change the $100, but it will see the least amount of play):
1596395811254.png

Be careful with shared colors on multiple chips. I can see dirty stack issues with the $1 and $20 for sure. Also having blue on the $1 & $5 could create issues too. especially if you are using pink and reds as well.

Love the fun animal theme idea, I just placed an order with a fun animal theme too. You could use the same animal in different poses, costumes too for each chip.

Be careful with shared colors on multiple chips. I can see dirty stack issues with the $1 and $20 for sure. Also having blue on the $1 & $5 could create issues too. especially if you are using pink and reds as well.

Love the fun animal theme idea, I just placed an order with a fun animal theme too. You could use the same animal in different poses, costumes too for each chip.
It's certainly one of the things a few have mentioned and that I will work to avoid. I must have mocked up 20 different line-ups this weekend.

Ignoring the colours atm, any thoughts on the spot pattern for the $1 in the context of the other chips?

I'm waiting to hear back from @Johnny5 and will see what we can come up with. At this point I'm leaning towards one design for all denoms, but with different inlay designs for each side of the chips.

It's certainly one of the things a few have mentioned and that I will work to avoid. I must have mocked up 20 different line-ups this weekend.

Ignoring the colours atm, any thoughts on the spot pattern for the $1 in the context of the other chips?

I'm waiting to hear back from @Johnny5 and will see what we can come up with. At this point I'm leaning towards one design for all denoms, but with different inlay designs for each side of the chips.

you have a to 1/4 spots across the $1, $5, $20 chips. I would want to break that up some. Either the $1 or $5 I would use the 3DS316 or 3DS416 respectively.

Threw together a few dirty stacks. The $5 seems to play nice with the $1s in both versions, but I see the potential issue with the $1 and the $25. The 4D14 is a bit less problematic than the 4DSA316, but I think I'll have to tweak further in any case.

1596399579750.png

1596399604975.png

Changing the 18 spots on the $25 to something lighter seems to help the issue with the $1. A green spot probably works better for the $5... I just really love the DG pink/DG blue combo for the $5. Time to go back to the lab...
1596400403284.png

It would probably be best to look at a different base color for the $20/$25. Lavender or retro lavender could both be good choices.

when I did my Cali colored set I tried to go as far opposite on the $1/$20 chips.

78D69537-10EE-4B46-BE6C-1AB2F6E718CD.jpeg

The way I like to do it is decide what chip is most important to you and make that chip how you want and then adjust the rest from that one.

If the $5 with DG pink DG peacock is what you want stick with it.

here is a possible line up that uses it and doesn’t have dirty stack issues.

49C0268D-24A2-4F08-BC8B-FFDBA327A956.png

Thanks @Rhodeman77. Yeah, I've played around with lavender as well for the $20/25, and it's likely the better option in the context of the whole set, even though I like purple as a base more.

I think I'll have lots of time on my hands to figure out the colours though, as it seems like Johnny5 is pretty busy atm based on what others have mentioned.

I like the 4D14 for the $1.00. Maybe you could use White and Tiger as spot to avoid dirty stavks with the 5
Me too, though I think the 3D14 also works well within the line-up. Depending on the edge spots, the 4DSA316 would be an option, but I think I prefer the first two options.

So I've heard back from the designer, so now the priority is to nail down a name, I think! It's actually turning out to be more difficult than I had thought to come up with something - though I'm likely just overthinking it! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'd like a nod to "Canadiana" in the name. Some current ideas:

- Hoser's Poker
- Hoser Hut Poker
- Maple Syrup Lounge
- Maple Leaf Poker
- Great White North Card Room
- Double Double Poker
- Rocky Mountain Poker

I'd be grateful for feedback and thoughts, eh!

So I've heard back from the designer, so now the priority is to nail down a name, I think! It's actually turning out to be more difficult than I had thought to come up with something - though I'm likely just overthinking it! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'd like a nod to "Canadiana" in the name. Some current ideas:

- Hoser's Poker
- Hoser Hut Poker
- Maple Syrup Lounge
- Maple Leaf Poker
- Great White North Card Room
- Double Double Poker
- Rocky Mountain Poker

I'd be grateful for feedback and thoughts, eh!

Sugarbush
Sugar shack
Tap Room
Ice House
Beaver’s Den

The one thing I'm realizing with all these iterations is just how much I wish CPC had a couple of different edge spots available, namely some V-edge spot patterns and the 4TSA18 bearclaw design.

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.04.07.png
Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.02.23.png

Given that the 3TRIM+ is an option, I also wonder if a 6TRIM+ version (equivalent to Paulsons 6HC) would be an option at some point?

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.02.52.png

Not that I'm complaining too loudly, as I think the options are pretty good... but that's the dream right there! :cool

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.02.23.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.02.23.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.02.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.02.52.png
    103 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.04.07.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 13.04.07.png
    87 KB · Views: 65

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom