New Theme: Canadiana, or something, eh? (1 Viewer)

So... we officially have a first mock-up! Very happy for you thoughts (I'll add some of my initial thoughts as well below):

cr_hh1a.jpg

My initial thoughts:
- I love the first draft! The bear is pretty much what I was after.
- the text "HOSER HUT" should be a bit bigger, as well as bigger in general than the "POKER" text below it
- "HOSER HUT" and the denomination I think should be colour matched for each denomination
- I think the denomination could stand to be a bit bolder, maybe with a black outline or border
- I wonder if a slight gradient on the white part of the inlay would be more interesting vs. just a simple white background.

Now, what do you all think? :)

You motherfucker. I'm in! Lol.

Love it.
And yes to all of the above mods.
From my research into customs those seem to be winning final touches.

Color matched denom, bleed some chip color into the inlay area a bit.

Fk those will be awesome!
Please get enough for a few sample sets. I'd take one.

So... we officially have a first mock-up! Very happy for you thoughts (I'll add some of my initial thoughts as well below):

View attachment 548182

My initial thoughts:
- I love the first draft! The bear is pretty much what I was after.
- the text "HOSER HUT" should be a bit bigger, as well as bigger in general than the "POKER" text below it
- "HOSER HUT" and the denomination I think should be colour matched for each denomination
- I think the denomination could stand to be a bit bolder, maybe with a black outline or border
- I wonder if a slight gradient on the white part of the inlay would be more interesting vs. just a simple white background.

Now, what do you all think? :)
I might regret asking this question, but what exactly is a “hoser hut”?
I’m thinking that these guys would go there :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

C381A89A-BF93-436F-9D73-CF04306C3EE2.jpeg

Will all chips be 1/4 pie?
Nope. Still working on colours and edge spots, but there are some mock-ups earlier in this thread.

Nothing set in stone yet, but here's just two examples from literally 40 or so I've mocked up:

(Haven't nailed down yet whether I'll do a $25 or a $20... or both, lol)
1602100783861.png

1602101083058.png

If samples are made available, I'm in for one set, please.
Glad to see people like the direction so far! I'm really excited to see the next mock-up from Johnny5.

If there's interest, I'll try and ensure there's enough chips ordered for some samples with special consideration for all the Hosers here on PCF ;) :LOL: :laugh:

Round 2 of the mock-ups, with the aforementioned changes, and a couple of different options for inlay background colours and text colour.

Thoughts on inlay background? (white, grey gradient, colour-matched gradient, or black)

Thoughts on text & denom colour? (red, colour-matched?)

Any other thoughts?

1602176927048.png

Round 2 of the mock-ups, with the aforementioned changes, and a couple of different options for inlay background colours and text colour.

Thoughts on inlay background? (white, grey gradient, colour-matched gradient, or black)

Thoughts on text & denom colour? (red, colour-matched?)

Any other thoughts?

View attachment 548737
I would go with the white background. Think that’s the best by a mile :tup:

I would go with the white background. Think that’s the best by a mile :tup:
I have to say, I'm kind of digging the red "HOSER HUT" text and denomination combo (and the little red maple leaves).

I'm surprised how much I like the colour-matched gradient and the black inlay. Surprisingly, I thought I'd like the grey gradient the best, but it's not doing it for me somehow vs. the other options. Tough call.

I have to say, I'm kind of digging the red "HOSER HUT" text and denomination combo (and the little red maple leaves).

I'm surprised how much I like the colour-matched gradient and the black inlay. Surprisingly, I thought I'd like the grey gradient the best, but it's not doing it for me somehow vs. the other options. Tough call.
I think the others are nice enough but the white one is so much clearer. It also looks like a white ice background which goes well with the hockey stick.

I think the others are nice enough but the white one is so much clearer. It also looks like a white ice background which goes well with the hockey stick.
Good call on the white/ice surface link... I like it! I think I'll get a version of the white background done with colour-matched text just to compare.

Making progress!

#4 - grey
#3 - black
#2 - color matched
#1 - white

I usually like the color matching aka chip color bleeding into the inlay like bottom left. But @BonScot hit a home run with his comments. If you think of this Canadian chip as having a white ice background, or the red/white of our flag, there's just no way the others can win anymore. :cool

#4 - grey
#3 - black
#2 - color matched
#1 - white

I usually like the color matching aka chip color bleeding into the inlay like bottom left. But @BonScot hit a home run with his comments. If you think of this Canadian chip as having a white ice background, or the red/white of our flag, there's just no way the others can win anymore. :cool
Yeah and I’m a professional chip designer so I know what I’m talking about :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom