New Theme: Canadiana, or something, eh? (1 Viewer)

What are custom CPC chips without some dealer buttons and cut cards to match... :)

cr_hhp_db1b.png

Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 10.20.18.png

Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 10.20.00.png

Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 10.19.47.png

So, what would custom poker chips, dealer buttons, and cut cards be without a table to match?? :D

Working on a couple options with J5 for an upcoming @T_Chan project...

One thing I'm struggling a bit with is the felt colour itself. Red ties in so well with the "Canadian" theme, but it's also a very strong colour. Some of the nicest tables I've seen out there have gone with simple, muted, neutral colours and I'm starting to question if that's not the way to go here... or perhaps move towards a burgandy/wine colour.

Would be curious for thoughts on the felt and on rail colour, especially from those who have put together great custom tables of their own (@inca911, @liftapint, @Windwalker jump immediately to mind here!)

hhp_t1a (1).jpg

hhp_t2a.jpg

hhp_t2b.jpg

I must say i am kind of offended you didnt think about me when it comes to simple, muted and neutral colors, as iam clearly the expert :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Joking aside, i thought i remember that you liked a table a lot with a white rail. No option here?

What material are you thinking of, for the rail?
I quoted vinyl on my initial order for a topper.

I can say though, that I'm considering going the full table route with cover after seeing your latest table from Tony. That decision isn't finalized, but if I do opt for it, I could probably be convinced to go the leather route.

I must say i am kind of offended you didnt think about me when it comes to simple, muted and neutral colors, as iam clearly the expert :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Joking aside, i thought i remember that you liked a table a lot with a white rail. No option here?
Your new table is amazing, but "muted" it is not! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

So, what would custom poker chips, dealer buttons, and cut cards be without a table to match?? :D

Working on a couple options with J5 for an upcoming @T_Chan project...

One thing I'm struggling a bit with is the felt colour itself. Red ties in so well with the "Canadian" theme, but it's also a very strong colour. Some of the nicest tables I've seen out there have gone with simple, muted, neutral colours and I'm starting to question if that's not the way to go here... or perhaps move towards a burgandy/wine colour.

Would be curious for thoughts on the felt and on rail colour, especially from those who have put together great custom tables of their own (@inca911, @liftapint, @Windwalker jump immediately to mind here!)

View attachment 593944

View attachment 593945

View attachment 593950
I was looking at this design: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-felt-for-an-8-person-table-100.66423/ with the mix of light and dark suits, and I wondered how yours would look if some of the animals were darker red than the background and some were a lighter red, maybe the same color as the middle section?

In an attempt to go with something a little more "classy" we did up a couple of other designs:

hhp_t2d.jpg
hhp_t2e.jpg

I'm not necessarily married to any felt or rail colour, though I think I'm realizing through this process that my initial concept likely isn't what I'm after in the end.

My floors are fairly dark (coconut) and my table fairly light (beech).
1608061205912.png
1608061225551.png

Other than that, the dominant colour in my space is green/blue from my couch, and I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't tie the table into these colours more (complimentary felt colour, with rail to compliment either the table or flooring)?
1608061334707.png
1608061322657.png

Any inputs from our resident design and colour-theory gurus out there?

Nice table and floor! :)
I 'd go with a dark beige-tobacco rail and a charcoal felt (a dark colour to not reflect the necessary strong lighting from above, and a neutral color too, not to mess with most chip colors).
As for the "racetrack" area or player's area pattern, I prefer the rombuses. The other patterns look busy to me.
The betting area within the betting line can be plain, but I also strongly recommend @BonScot 's round red stamp in the centre (not too big, though).

I like the SSC like pattern. I wonder what it would look like as black SSC but with a dark red maple leaf in place of the suits? It would almost remind me of

View attachment 594881
We had tried something with black... I'm not personally a huge fan of black as a felt colour though, even though there's some really nice felts out there (like the Costa Poker felt design)

1608103534777.png

Nice table and floor! :)
I 'd go with a dark beige-tobacco rail and a charcoal felt (a dark colour to not reflect the necessary strong lighting from above, and a neutral color too, not to mess with most chip colors).
As for the "racetrack" area or player's area pattern, I prefer the rombuses. The other patterns look busy to me.
The betting area within the betting line can be plain, but I also strongly recommend @BonScot 's round red stamp in the centre (not too big, though).
@BonScot 's masterpiece will live on as a dealer button in my games :)

A deep brown, like tobacco, could look very nice and I agree with your assessment of the Canadian pattern being a bit busy, esp. on the red felt. I think it's much more subdued on the blue version however. It's hard to see on the small picture, but the rhombus pattern has little maple leaves in the centre, and so I think that could be a good option too in the end.

Going to work up a few more designs with J5 and see what we can come up with.

So... a few additional table design options, including a grey version at the suggestion of @BonScot (it turned out far better than I thought!)

I feel like it's down to one of these options below. I really do like the blue versions above, but the fear of the blue $1s in my sets blending in with the felt is real and thus they aren't really an option imo...

1610467176337.png

1610467213596.png

1610467240409.png

I’d be keen for a sample set and dealer button if not taken already.
I should end up with a handful of full samples once I receive everything. I'll probably just throw up an interest thread, and if interest outstrips supply, I'll figure out some random way to determine who gets them. Will be a while still I suspect - I'm right at the end of the DISQ run, so probably end of March or into April by the time they land on Swiss soil, I'm guessing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom