New player tribute design in the works. Need some help with a name. Please :) (3 Viewers)

Well next draft for layout. Looking really good :). Getting closer to final design and will be ready for order to Tina :). Can’t wait.

View attachment 1034279
I strongly advise making the 500 chip color much lighter to avoid identification and dirty stack issues with the dark 100. It's a very common design mistake.

I'd also change the 50k chip to 100k (a 50k chip is useless) and to swap colors with the 25k chip (to avoid the blue chip being in play with the 500).

And I present to you Eric.

66495233-ED55-4D6A-BE90-D26A4DD6E9F4.png

And I present to you Eric.

View attachment 1039475
No joke, I’m not making this up. The other day my wife and I were in a cab in midtown Manhattan and out of nowhere Eric Seidel kicks the side of our cab and yells “what the f*ck!!?” Bc the cab cut him off in the cross walk.

My wife couldn’t understand why I was smiling and laughing when she was so freaked out. I guess to the non poker player this just looks like a crazy white old guy who’s off the rails, but to me I saw a guy who I’ve only ever seen as totally calm (even when losing in the 88 World Series… Johnny f*cking Chan) kick MY cab.

Amazing.

I had half a mind to tweet at him and be like hey bro I was in that cab you kicked. Lolol

Ok that’s my story. Carry on.

P.s. I love this drawing. I just wish you had an angry version now haha.

Hey Hey Everyone! Well here is the latest preview based on feedback we’ve received. To try and offer a good variety of chips and colours, there is now a lower denomination set in Cali colours, and traditional colours, with the high value chips to add on.

I think we are there. I hope everyone agrees. I won’t be adding any more players. We are now concentrating on layout, colors, etc. and so far, I am happy with this.

DFE725DF-47B3-4C5E-A011-531E720F8B8E.png

Thoughts? Soon to be ready for a group buy thread to start ;)

Hey Hey Everyone! Well here is the latest preview based on feedback we’ve received. To try and offer a good variety of chips and colours, there is now a lower denomination set in Cali colours, and traditional colours, with the high value chips to add on.

I think we are there. I hope everyone agrees. I won’t be adding any more players. We are now concentrating on layout, colors, etc. and so far, I am happy with this.

View attachment 1039960

Thoughts? Soon to be ready for a group buy thread to start ;)
Absolute fire. Nice job brother.

I suggest creating alternative set of Poker Hall of Shame...

Howard Letherer
Anne Duke
Chris Ferguson

And few others

Love what you have done. Of course we all have different ideas of who should be on those chips, but you have most of the players I like.
I would put Antonio Esfandiari instead of Rousso, and Sammy Farha instead of Tony G.
How about making a Micro set available with $.05 $.25, $.50, $1.00, $5.00, $10 and $25.
You can add the top players as above, and those that are fun to watch like Antonio and Sammy.
Keep Up the great work.

You do such great caricatures of those players thus far. I'd love to see one of Antonio and Farha please if you can make the time.

Thank You

Last edited:
You do such great caricatures of those plaers thus far. I'd love to see one of Antonio and Farha please if you can make the time.

Thank You
Thanks for the kind words. I have to stop with the players for this round. I don’t think it would ever stop ;). So for now, I will be using what we have. I hope to do another one in the future like others have mentioned.

Awesome designs, but Tilly and Rousso are just not legends of the game. Not trying to be a dick, but they're just not. I'd put in Annie Duke before either of them.

Thanks for the kind words. I have to stop with the players for this round. I don’t think it would ever stop ;). So for now, I will be using what we have. I hope to do another one in the future like others have mentioned.
Awesome. Merry Christmas from the Maritimes

You've done a great job here. The only person you need to make happy with this set is you, anyone else is lagniappe. Definitely look forward to at least grabbing a sample set when the run goes live!

Did a small change in the sm and bg blinds. These look much better.

View attachment 1046622
Moar chipes is always good, but does anyone actually use small and big blind chips in their games? I have a hard enough time just getting the button to move. If I bought these chips, I'd probably still buy them to have a complete set, but I know they would never hit the table.

Moar chipes is always good, but does anyone actually use small and big blind chips in their games? I have a hard enough time just getting the button to move. If I bought these chips, I'd probably still buy them to have a complete set, but I know they would never hit the table.
I don't use them either but I think using a different color compared to the dealer button was a good choice!

Happy Whatever week this is everyone :)

So here are the final mock ups for the sets. I want to give a bit of choice for what to pick.

I will be putting up a thread in the Group Buy over the next couple of days to see what kind of interest I will get.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions. This is an awesome set that build and I’m looking forward to getting mine :)

62EEA0EE-F174-4F8D-9D6E-8BD46401DD54.png

A0F455FE-FDCC-49AA-8132-09DD8F6D2FDE.png

5AD2B6ED-7A6D-47AB-9FC1-DBC39B730E53.png

78E07CB8-DBA7-4E79-AFF9-B2BF00A14A6E.png

Just a standard disclaimer word of warning:

The T100 and T500 chips will cause color confusion issues (dirty stacks, miscounted pots, etc.), especially in lower light conditions -- it's a very commonly-made design error, as it never looks as bad on paper as it actually is in real life. The T25-T100-T500 series of green-black-purple chips should either be light-dark-light or dark-light-dark to avoid this problem.

Lighten up either the T100 or T500 chip to correct; you can thank me later.

The T100 and T500 chips will cause color confusion issues (dirty stacks, miscounted pots, etc.), especially in lower light conditions -- it's a very commonly-made design error, as it never looks as bad on paper as it actually is in real life. The T25-T100-T500 series of green-black-purple chips should either be light-dark-light or dark-light-dark to avoid this problem.

He is not wrong. I’ve been suffering for over 10 years with a problem like this I created a cash that I have that I’m currently spending lots of money to rectify

Perfect. Will do. Thanks for the advice :)

The T25-T100-T500 series of green-black-purple chips should either be light-dark-light or dark-light-dark to avoid this problem.

I wholeheartedly endorse this solution. Adjacent denoms should have an obvious base contrast difference if they otherwise have same patterns/spot choices.

He is not wrong. I’ve been suffering for over 10 years with a problem like this I created a cash that I have that I’m currently spending lots of money to rectify
This is one of the main reasons why I alway jump to 43 mm for 500s and up. Problem solved……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom