Never Forget (1 Viewer)

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
20 years.....

1631371257535.png

An extra special note to those whom selflessly continue to serve and protect us on ALL the front lines today, despite all our differences. Thank you.

This is one of those things that feels like a lifetime ago, yet can remember like yesterday where I was and what I was doing. Funnily enough, I remember the ridiculous rumors going around the school too about who was responsible for the attack. There were some real doozies.

Before I date myself further, it's incredible to think about how the world was changed just by this day, and yet, how things have stayed the same too.

At the time I was working for Tyco (ADT alarms). I had just got to work and we monitored alarms in the northeast. Everything suddenly went apesh@t and nobody knew why. Absolutely surreal.

My Dad still had his ID badge from the twin towers. Luckily he was in Texas that day. His team evacuated, ferried to New Jersey, and fired up Bank of America’s back up servers.

My mom worked on the 98th floor of the twin towers. The night before 9/11, her car was stolen so she was running late to take me to elementary school in the morning and therefore running late to the office. Crazy how such bad luck turned into good luck, I was only a kid (many here would say I still am lol), but we saw the 2nd tower fall from school while we were being evacuated and I was the last kid picked up from school that day because my mom was trying to figure out what the hell was going on like everyone else I'm sure.

The only time I'd ever thank someone for stealing our car lol

If any of you find yourselves in NY, please do yourselves a favor and go to the 9/11 Memorial. I’ve walked on the train tracks of Auschwitz and seen the gas chambers of Theresienstadt, but they both paled in comparison to the awe and power of standing in a human graveyard that you lived through. I wasn’t even 5 yet, but 9/11 is the first day I remember vividly. I will never forget sitting on the floor of my living room before preschool, with one of the Towers smoldering on the television and my mother calling my dad, “a plane just hit the Pentagon.”

Everybody in New York City at that time knew somebody effected. Whether it was a friend, colleague, or friend-of-a-friend, every New Yorker has a story of either how somebody they knew died or barely Escaped the attacks by the grace of God.

Also, I strongly suggest everybody tune in for the Subway Series tonight. Yankees vs. Mets at Citi Field, it should be a very powerful program and game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom