Need help picking a $20 chip (1 Viewer)

CPC hot stamped solid with their stock 25c stamp. Should be about $1.20 per chip. So $240 for 200.

Solid inlaid Jockey mold would be $1.35 per chip. So $270 for 200.

At $270 compared to $240 I'd get the inlaid solid and be done. A solid frac would fit you set just fine. The art work looks cool, it doesn't need an edge spot.

Please listen to this man..... pretty please

Well if I understood it correctly, it's for minmaxing reasons.
I'd go with the $20 just because it's said those are better for low stakes games where the $25/$20 is not yet a workhorse chip and get an undenominated, non-standard colored chip to use as 25c or whatever else.

Last edited:
Just clarify and add some perspective...

Over the last 10 years 95% of the games I've run have been 1/2nl or 2/5nl. The other 5% have been micro stakes games with family and poker newbie friends where the $5s are the big chip. The idea behind this exercise was to provide an option to maybe once or twice a year (or maybe never) spread a .25/.50 game. I'm starting a new game at a new location and I just want to be able to offer the option if I need to. I have no plan A to run .25/.50 but want to have a plan B just in case.

What is the minimum of a given denom that you can order from CPC? Can you get 20x or 40x $20 chip anyway? I thought it was 100... may as well get a rack of quarters.

I suggest getting a plaque made for the $20... you can get lower quantities. Then you can use the $25 as a 25c in that rare game... perhaps you have enough $5 so that you don't even need the $20.

What is the minimum of a given denom that you can order from CPC? Can you get 20x or 40x $20 chip anyway? I thought it was 100... may as well get a rack of quarters

Must order an average of 100 per denomination (minimum total order 300). Right now the order is 865 chips with 5 denominations so ordering 40 of a sixth denomination is ok.

Just clarify and add some perspective...

Over the last 10 years 95% of the games I've run have been 1/2nl or 2/5nl. The other 5% have been micro stakes games with family and poker newbie friends where the $5s are the big chip. The idea behind this exercise was to provide an option to maybe once or twice a year (or maybe never) spread a .25/.50 game. I'm starting a new game at a new location and I just want to be able to offer the option if I need to. I have no plan A to run .25/.50 but want to have a plan B just in case.

When you have these games have you ever had 2 tables going? I would bet 1 rack would be more than enough

if you are using your $25 as 25c, maybe you could use your $100 as $10 (for rebuys)...

I could use my $500s as $50s. When those ran out there would be enough change on the table to start using the $100s for re-buys.

What is the minimum of a given denom that you can order from CPC? Can you get 20x or 40x $20 chip anyway? I thought it was 100...

We require a minimum order of 300 chips. Within a 300 chip set you can have up to 3 unique chips. In a 400 chip set up to 4, and in a 500 up to 5 etc.
I understand that as if you order for example a 1000ct set and only use 5 different denoms for your main set, you can even make 5 among those 1000 chips unique ones if you feel like it. There is no minimum number you need to order per denom but you get one more chip design every 100 chips you order which you can either use or leave.

..There is no minimum number you need to order per denom but you get one more chip design every 100 chips you order which you can either use or leave.

True to an extent, but David has indicated there are certain minimums depending on the circumstances. Here is post #6 from the CPC general discussion thread:

I have to take it in context of the order as a whole. An order often contains a smaller quantity of the highest denom as long as the overall averages 100 or more per chip. Depending on the mold, for complex ones I may have to stipulate 25 or 30, because we would have to make 2 pressings x 20 to allow for rejects and if you only want 20 we are trashing the remainder and wasting labor.

Yes. Not unusual to have 3 tables going during the peak. One 10 player and two eight player tables, with people waiting for a seat.

I meant for the family/ new player games that you would be needing 25c chips for, not your normal game.

True to an extent, but David has indicated there are certain minimums depending on the circumstances. Here is post #6 from the CPC general discussion thread:

Good to know, thanks. Will have to check if my own plans work out then. But I could imagine if you drop a sizable bag of money for your (bigger) set, they might be more willing to make really small amounts of a design as the order as a whole should still net them a good profit, even with the wasted labor for that small bunch of chips.

I meant for the family/ new player games that you would be needing 25c chips for, not your normal game.

For the micro stakes games, I have enough $5s to cover it. The only time I would need a $20 is for re-buys in a .25/.50 of .50/1 game. I haven't run a game at those stakes before, but I am opening a game in a new location and there may or may not be more demand for .25/.50 than 1/2. The plan is to spread 1/2nl games, but I'd like to have a backup plan.

Those $25s look prettier on the table than a typical frac would look.

IDK, These quarters are pretty, pretty....
1123162244b - Copy.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom