500 chip Cash AND Tournament breakdown - In THIS economy? (1 Viewer)

SpiderSeb

Waiting List
Reaction score
At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely in my kitchen?

All jokes aside, here's the gist of what I'm having in mind:

A 500 chip order of Dunes from apachepokerchips, including all denoms except for the $20 chip.

I was thinking of roughly a 3:2 tourney/cash split, (other ideas ofc welcome) serving 6-8 players. the cash game buyin woouldn't be high, maybe 10 to 20 bucks?

Now I've looked at quite a few breakdowns here, but nothing really stuck out that suits my idea. Hence my question if this idea could actually work or if I need to go with maybe 600 to 750 chips?

$10-20 buyin will mean playing at a stake of 5/10c to 10/20c stake.

And most common Tourney started at T5 / T25 / T100 which don’t share denominations with the cash game so trying to get both cash and tourney within 500 chips is going to be super inefficient.

You can either increase the number of chips to around 900-1000 or just settle for either a cash or tourney set and keeping the number of chip within 400-500

Alternatively, you can use a T0.25 breakdown suggested by @BGinGA and play 25/25c stake with $20-$25 buyin
Missed one of my favorites:

20-player T.25-base tourney set (8/8/8/x):
160 x T.25
160 x T1
180 x T5
100 x T20 (or T25)
---------------
600 chips

Can be used for actual-cash-value tournaments, or as a single-table cash set (where $100 bills can play if necessary).

It can cover up to 2 table tourney and have great starting stack for 8 person cash set with a barrel of 25c and $1 each for a $25 buyin

Last edited:
Good move skipping the $20. Though some do prefer a $20 and forgo having a $25.
Also agree with @LeLe. Can easily split your set into separate cash and tourny sets at the same cost for same total number of chips. The advantage of that is having $ symbol on cash game set and no $ symbol on tourny set... don't want people in a tourney pocketing a $25 chip and sneaking it in when cashing out of a cash game.

$10-20 buyin will mean playing at a stake of 5/10c to 10/20c stake.

And most common Tourney started at T5 / T25 / T100 which don’t share denominations with the cash game so trying to get both cash and tourney within 500 chips is going to be super inefficient.

You can either increase the number of chips to around 900-1000 or just settle for either a cash or tourney set and keeping the number of chip within 400-500

Alternatively, you can use a T0.25 breakdown suggested by @BGinGA and play 25/25c stake with $20-$25 buyin

It can cover up to 2 table tourney and have great starting stack for 8 person cash set with a barrel of 25c and $1 each for a $25 buyin

Ah shucks, I thought as much. Probably just do a tourney set then. Now to figure out how to do a T125k breakdown lol. Always wanted to have the winner of the tournament be a chip millionaire lol.

Good move skipping the $20. Though some do prefer a $20 and forgo having a $25.
Also agree with @LeLe. Can easily split your set into separate cash and tourny sets at the same cost for same total number of chips. The advantage of that is having $ symbol on cash game set and no $ symbol on tourny set... don't want people in a tourney pocketing a $25 chip and sneaking it in when cashing out of a cash game.

Nah, chip stealing wouldn't be a worry of mine. Only people I absolutely trust would probably play in the cash game, but so far none are really interested in that. I just thought it would be nice to have the option. And I can still use my dice chip set for that if needed.

Thanks to both of you for your input, though!

Probably just do a tourney set then. Now to figure out how to do a T125k breakdown
It will be best advice to do at least full table of 10, as you don't want to have 9 players in the future but only able to host up to 8.

10-player T500-base tourney set (10/10/7/x):
100 x T500
100 x T1000
100 x T5000
100 x T25000
---------------
400 chips

Ability to do from as low as T50k with multi rebuy up to T300k freeze-out tourney.

a chip millionaire lol.
Why stop at 1 million, let's go big and do 3 million :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It will be best advice to do at least full table of 10, as you don't want to have 9 players in the future but only able to host up to 8.

10-player T500-base tourney set (10/10/7/x):
100 x T500
100 x T1000
100 x T5000
100 x T25000
---------------
400 chips

Ability to do from as low as T50k with multi rebuy up to T300k freeze-out tourney.

Why stop at 1 million, let's go big and do 3 million :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It's more a problem of getting over the $250 limit for international orders. At $0.49 per chip for the dunes, 400 don't cut it lol.

500 are nearly there and I'd cross the threshold if I added a Dunes dealer button lol. But maybe throw in some 100k plaques instead?

Spending is never an issue; you can always buy these useful stuffs to make up the differences.

- Racks
- Decks
- Samples
- Button
- Bounty Chips (Using other chips)
It kinda is lol. Apachepokerchips will only ship chips, plaques and buttons international (asked about the latter two), but no racks or cases. Which is a shame indeed.

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/international/

That's not very helpful from the vendor, maybe you can goggle about company that provide reshipping / reshipper services.

A lot of the international chippers used that or if you can find a good Samitha chipper to help with reshipping too which will work as well.

I put together a post just for you on this, you can find it in my signature, (landscape on mobile)

That's not very helpful from the vendor, maybe you can goggle about company that provide reshipping / reshipper services.

A lot of the international chippers used that or if you can find a good Samitha chipper to help with reshipping too which will work as well.

Yeah, I know, but I'm already looking at a likely high shipping rate plus a definite 20% VAT (which hits me no matter what method) hence why I wanted to focus on the important stuff: The chips.

What's a Samitha chipper?

I put together a post just for you on this, you can find it in my signature, (landscape on mobile)

I saw that thread and again, I didn't pick the 500 just for the lols. It's all about the order size with ApachePokerchips. I want the Dunes chips but I also want to get the most out of the 250 to 300 I have to spend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom