Cash game 750 chip domination breakdown (1 Viewer)

cadzor

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have taken a look at the Beginner's Chip Breakdown Guide here on the forum but I am still not sure what to go for, exactly.
We only ever play cash in my game and we play anywhere from .05/.10 to .50/1. However building this set I would like for the default game to be centered around .25/.25 (and up) using the chip breakdown for multiple stakes in the beginner thread as a foundation.

It recommends this for .25/.50, .5/1 and 1/2 (800 chips):

100x 25c
200x $1
400x $5
80x $25
20x $100

Seeing that we would mostly be playing .25/.25 and only have 750 chips, I thought I could maybe go more along the lines of:
200x 25c
200x $1
250x $5
80x $25
20x $100

Do you reckon that works, or what would you do? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

There’s a big debate among PCFers about how many fracs you need. But the truth is that every game plays differently, and stakes make a difference too. With .25/.25 stakes, since you could possibly have preflop raises to .50 or .75, I think it makes sense to have 200 fracs, especially if you’ll be playing nine handed.
Yeah your breakdown looks fine to me.

Yeah, we play 8 handed .25/.25 and one rack of fracs is plenty for our game.

Current chip breakdown to play from $0.25/$0.25 up to $1/$2:

100x $0.25
200x $1
300x $5
100x $25
100x $100

Just went through this whole song and dance. Was looking to do between 600-800 chips. Started at 600, then everyone said to get 25 extra of each since they are custom so then I landed at 725. I wanted full racks so I landed on 800 chips. Our typical game is similar to you. Its either $.25/$.50 or $.50/$1. Landed on this chip breakdown:

150 - $0.25
250 - $1
250 - $5
100 - $20
50 - $100

I figure that will be more than enough for a long long time.

Something else to consider is whether you think your game will expand (more players) or whether the stakes will increase over time. It looks like your final breakdown will be able to support a much bigger bank and extra players but just something to keep in mind.

Not sure what chips you're looking at, but, hopefully you're looking at something that you can add on to in the future. Any of the above breakdowns will work, but, in most of those stakes mentioned the game will likely play more like a $1/$2 game. The $5 will likely be the work horse chip. In one of those guys that likes the fracs, so for me you can't have enough fracs. However, in an 8-10 person game you could get by with one rack, or less, of quarters. 120 quarters gives 12 ($3) to everyone on first buy in. That frees up 80 chips that you can use for $5's.

This also depends on how many reloads you think will typically take place. Is everyone buying in for $100 and no reloads? $200 with 3-4 reloads? After initial buy, in reloads can get larger denoms and make change at the table.

For now, I went with the last breakdown I posted (the adjusted one with 200 fracs) but I will keep an eye on how the game plays and will add on where necessary.

Not sure what chips you're looking at, but, hopefully you're looking at something that you can add on to in the future. Any of the above breakdowns will work, but, in most of those stakes mentioned the game will likely play more like a $1/$2 game. The $5 will likely be the work horse chip. In one of those guys that likes the fracs, so for me you can't have enough fracs. However, in an 8-10 person game you could get by with one rack, or less, of quarters. 120 quarters gives 12 ($3) to everyone on first buy in. That frees up 80 chips that you can use for $5's.

This also depends on how many reloads you think will typically take place. Is everyone buying in for $100 and no reloads? $200 with 3-4 reloads? After initial buy, in reloads can get larger denoms and make change at the table.

Just for added context, being from Belgium did give me somewhat limited options within my budget. It was between these and these.
After reading through some reviews on the forum, went with Pokershop.de and their Monte Carlo's. They look amazing imo so def looking forward to them arriving.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I love the looks of the Monte Carlo's! And, yes, it does kind of stink that you guys don't have many options without getting hammered with shipping. But you do have great beer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom