Need help picking a $20 chip (1 Viewer)

crussader

Flush
Reaction score
I decided I need a $20 chip to go with my set. Not sure how much time I have to decide as my order has already gone in. Initial ideas are ...
20 dollar 2.png

20 dollar.png

None of those speak to me. But it's hard to comment without knowing the entire lineup...

Can u explain if this will be taking the place of the $25? This determines how it progresses, colors, etc..

If not, can u explain why you need this AND a $25? Would Seem like an inefficient use of your chip budget.

Email CPC immediately... it's better for them to know sooner than to be blindsided when it's too late.

I will have an email to them by first thing Monday, My order went in 3 days ago. I would like to have a chip ready to go when I request the change.

Last edited:
=== can u explain why you need this AND a $25?

I am putting together a two table cash set. I mostly play 1/2nl or 2/5nl. However, I would like to be able to spread a .25/.50 or .50/1 game. I really don't want to buy 160 quarters (20 players with an 8/8/x/x/ buy-in), so for those games I want to use my $25s as quarters and pick up some $20s as my intermediary between the $5 and $100. They will be used for re-buys until there is enough change on the table to support single $100 chip re-buys.

I would strongly advise against using your $25 chips as quarters. All it would take is a player pocketing 4 of them during a 25c/50c game then bringing them back during a $2/5 game for your bank to end up $100 short.

I'd rather have a solid 25c chip if cost is the issue than have to worry about the above happening.

...All it would take is a player pocketing 4 of them during a 25c/50c game then bringing them back during a $2/5 game for your bank to end up $100 short.

But these are my chips we're talking about! There will be a roll call at the end of the night before I put them to bed. If any come up missing, all players who were at the game will be interrogated in the dungeon under a hot spotlight until the chips are found. :mad:

I'd rather have a solid 25c chip if cost is the issue than have to worry about the above happening.

Cost is an issue. If I went with fracs, it would have to be majestic blanks with labels at best. More likely I would just use actual quarters.

But these are my chips we're talking about! There will be a roll call at the end of the night before I put them to bed. If any come up missing, all players who were at the game will be interrogated in the dungeon under a hot spotlight until the chips are found. :mad:

Hi Crusader

This may be a joke - but just in case it isn't - heed the Rhoadmans warning.

Chips are cash - Period. You're saying your happy to sell $25 cash for 25 cents.

Seriously - re think this.

Reactions: Nex
nope. 160 minimum.

That's what I was thinking. I don't mind spending money when I get value for it, but spending a few hundred dollars for a game that might never run just rubs me wrong. I'm already north of two grand on this set. Have to hold the line somewhere.

There is a local room that runs a .50/1 game. They just use actual quarters. That might be the best option unless/until I have a group that wants it to be a regular game.

That's what I was thinking. I don't mind spending money when I get value for it, but spending a few hundred dollars for a game that might never run just rubs me wrong. I'm already north of two grand on this set. Have to hold the line somewhere.

There is a local room that runs a .50/1 game. They just use actual quarters. That might be the best option unless/until I have a group that wants it to be a regular game.

I personally think that is a horrible idea for a number of reasons.

If you have to have a game with fracs but you don't want to buy them through cpc. Then wait to host a quarter fifty cent game until you can add them later. Keep an eye out in the classifieds. You can occasionally find non denominated chips pretty cheap.

Maybe the psychology of not getting your money's worth changes if you make your intended 25c chip one without printed denom? If you really end up not using it as 25c you might at least find another use for it, be it drink tokens, complimentary card guards, ...

I have ran a .25/.50 cent game for around 7 years with 10 players mostly and 100 .25 works well, if I get into more then 10, then I use roulette's (This happened ONCE in 7 years)..I would NOT use real quarters, this is a disgrace to chips everywhere.. IMO

I now have a custom set that I have 200 .25 but I only get a rack on the table unless I get into two tables.... Works really really well..

100 chips divided by 10 players is 10 chips, or $2.50, per player. Do you just do odd buyins, or what do you use to fill up the 50c to the next dollar? (Or do you just give 8 out?)

100 chips divided by 10 players is 10 chips, or $2.50, per player. Do you just do odd buyins, or what do you use to fill up the 50c to the next dollar? (Or do you just give 8 out?)

12 per player = $3 until you run out. Subsequent players get $1 instead... the 9th player gets 4x 25c and 2x $1.

Leaves some players pissed that they have to make change more often? I'd rather make sure I can get the exact same stacks for every player at a full table...

It's a cash game, I've never had all 10 players show up at the exact same time to buy in. A few show up at game time. A few more 15 minutes later a few more throughout the night. Their stacks are all going to be different all night. Some will buy in for the max, some for less, some for the min.

So what does it matter if someone get 12 to start and someone gets 8 and the last guy has to buy some from the guy hoarding them at the table?

If you want a $20 I'd drop the $25 and add a purple quarter. I cant figure out why you would need a $20 and $25 in the same set unless you are running tourneys even then you could make the $20 work for that too

It seems the consensus is to forget the $20s and get fracs. For a two table set, that leaves the following options for the 200 chips needed:

1) CPC level 1 spotted fracs = $368
2) CPC blanks = $270
3) Majestic blanks w/Gear labels = $136
4) Poker Knights w/Gear labels = $75
5) Use actual quarters = $50

CPC hot stamped solid with their stock 25c stamp. Should be about $1.20 per chip. So $240 for 200.

Solid inlaid Jockey mold would be $1.35 per chip. So $270 for 200.

At $270 compared to $240 I'd get the inlaid solid and be done. A solid frac would fit you set just fine. The art work looks cool, it doesn't need an edge spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom