My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (26 Viewers)

You were not great at badacey, but your opponents were much worse. That's all it takes in mixed poker, just find the game with the biggest skill gap, even if you stink at it.

How many are dealt in to badacey? Six max?

You were not great at badacey, but your opponents were much worse. That's all it takes in mixed poker, just find the game with the biggest skill gap, even if you stink at it.

Yeah it's supposed to be 6-max, sometimes we had 7 or 8 players at the table and we'd try to sit someone out to make it workable but a LOT of the games because people just don't fold we'd have to have the dealer reshuffle parts of the deck to continue the draws.

It was easier last week because we had two tables of 6 and 5 respectively so it worked better, but even then............TEXAS PLAYERS DON'T FUCKING FOLD! And they're all in there drawing 3 everytime lol so it was a strain to get through some hands for sure.

But yeah, I was definitely rusty as hell, haven't played mixed games in years, but glad I was able to go through the footage and catch myself and call myself out on the fuckups so I can be better prepared.

I enjoyed this vlog a lot especially learning these games and hearing your views of strategy was interesting. No one else on you tube is doing mixed game content like this. More please!!

I enjoyed this vlog a lot especially learning these games and hearing your views of strategy was interesting. No one else on you tube is doing mixed game content like this. More please!!
We could always just play…… just a thought.

So this Archie variant is structured with betting rounds on all draws, and an additional round after the final community card is dealt?

So this Archie variant is structured with betting rounds on all draws, and an additional round after the final community card is dealt?

Yes, after the third draw we have a round of betting, THEN the 2nd community card is revealed and we bet again.

Sometimes they do it with just 1 community card at the start.

My journey to play my first WSOP is about to begin!

20230606_071025.jpg

And we're off in the 1500 Badugi!

View attachment 1147565

Get ready for some of the stupidest poker you’ve ever seen. It’s worse than the PLO tourneys, if that’s even possible! Don’t take me wrong, it’s poker and I’d be playing right now if I was there, but you are going to be like WTF? About every other hand

Get ready for some of the stupidest poker you’ve ever seen. It’s worse than the PLO tourneys, if that’s even possible! Don’t take me wrong, it’s poker and I’d be playing right now if I was there, but you are going to be like WTF? About every other hand

I hope so, that would be a great table

It was easier last week because we had two tables of 6 and 5 respectively so it worked better, but even then............TEXAS PLAYERS DON'T FUCKING FOLD! And they're all in there drawing 3 everytime lol so it was a strain to get through some hands for sure.
Hmm. If you have one or two guys like that at the table, you can probably print money. But if everybody is playing like that, that must be maddening.

Hmm. If you have one or two guys like that at the table, you can probably print money. But if everybody is playing like that, that must be maddening.

Had an Asian on my left playing the WSOP Badugi event, I'd raise, he'd 3-bet me and then draw 2

But I just couldn't beat him. If I started with A25 I'd whiff and he'd show up with Q987 badugi drawing 2, it was maddening too lol

Had an Asian on my left playing the WSOP Badugi event, I'd raise, he'd 3-bet me and then draw 2

But I just couldn't beat him. If I started with A25 I'd whiff and he'd show up with Q987 badugi drawing 2, it was maddening too lol
That is +EV, but will send your variance through the roof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom