My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (29 Viewers)

@Anthony Martino When I first joined the site I saw this thread and I still intermittently pop in to see how you are.

I'm so happy you're making videos and doing what you love. Hope you're doing well
I like the videos, I don't have much exposure to PLO, so thank you for sharing your experience. Hope to run into you someday

@Anthony Martino When I first joined the site I saw this thread and I still intermittently pop in to see how you are.

I'm so happy you're making videos and doing what you love. Hope you're doing well
I like the videos, I don't have much exposure to PLO, so thank you for sharing your experience. Hope to run into you someday

Thanks for the kind words and following along, I really appreciate it!

Where do you usually play poker?

Thanks for the kind words and following along, I really appreciate it!

Where do you usually play poker?

I play in Blackhawk CO most days, but I'm in Boston for school at the moment, so I'm at Encore these days for a while. Been wanting to visit TX for classes at ALOA, hoping to use it as an opportunity to play poker out there.

ACR confirmed rigged. Busted against these two house bots in 21st place (top 12 paid). All-in on the flop (they both check-raise my shove lol, can't find a low to salvage half, ooch

rigged.png

Saw in the video that you may be considering a move? Where would your target cities be? Have you visited and played in any of the Houston card rooms yet?

Saw in the video that you may be considering a move? Where would your target cities be? Have you visited and played in any of the Houston card rooms yet?
Possibly San Antonio, Dallas or Houston

Would need to try before I buy

But we may stay in Austin, there's a possibility I could be involved with helping to open a room out here and have ideas on how to make it successful and fix the mistakes other rooms have made

Are you still enjoying yourself Anthony? Does playing poker now feel like any other job?

I still enjoy it. Played a private half NLH/Half PLO the other night in one of the local rooms and it was a great table, lots of banter, laughs and just good people.

The right table vibe can make it all a lot of fun. Being at a table with mouthy misregs who only have negativity to spew, on the other hand, can make it feel like any other job or worse.

I still enjoy playing, but I'm also pursuing something at the moment that may allow me to play higher in the future and more for fun and less as a need for income. Working hard to make it happen

I still enjoy it. Played a private half NLH/Half PLO the other night in one of the local rooms and it was a great table, lots of banter, laughs and just good people.

The right table vibe can make it all a lot of fun. Being at a table with mouthy misregs who only have negativity to spew, on the other hand, can make it feel like any other job or worse.

I still enjoy playing, but I'm also pursuing something at the moment that may allow me to play higher in the future and more for fun and less as a need for income. Working hard to make it happen
Yeah the crowd definitely makes or breaks it.

As long as you’re enjoying it and it’s not a grind then good on you.

Even if you end up doing something else you still have those velvet tones of yours to fall back on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom