My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (50 Viewers)

Because against an aggressive group of players who are deeper-stacked you can get your stack in preflop and not face any difficult decisions, always realize your equity and get a chance to 3-5x your stack while only having to beat a hand or two at showdown because the larger stacks may bet other stacks off the hand post-flop.

Now you have that dead money in there while only needing to beat a hand or two instead of five. That didn't happen in this particular instance, but it's a sound strategy in games where either:

1. You don't have the roll to play it fully stacked
2. Your opponents are more aggressive, have deeper pockets or have a greater level of skill than you

Yes there's a variance issue to consider, but at the same time it is offset by the possibility of 3-5x'ing your stack while having decisions that are pretty easy to make given your shallow stack depth.

I didn't "get it in five ways". I was the guy shoving preflop and putting the decision on the other players. I didn't "call off" with an 8-high double suited rundown after four other guys were all-in, I was the first all-in. But keep trying to twist it to fit your narrative
Your peanut stack obviously didn’t have any fold equity. But keep writing your own narrative genius and spit some more equity stuff at us plz

Alright, the troll has ceased to entertain me so putting him on ignore. Sorry you're so miserable that I'm happy bro
Us wrestling fans remember this one .....

3oKIPfvJgPW1qOu96U.gif

Your peanut stack obviously didn’t have any fold equity. But keep writing your own narrative genius and spit some more equity stuff at us plz
You can stop your trolling! Many like this thread and all you are doing is crapping it up.

You are obviously a newbie here so please get to know the site and the members before crapping up threads

And I continue to get stupider. At least people like you think they’re “pros” and post this ridiculous stuff. So +EV for the overall ecosystem.
You admit that reading this thread makes you stupider. And yet you keep reading and posting. Sounds like you were pretty damned stupid well before you got here.

You can stop your trolling! Many like this thread and all you are doing is crapping it up.

You are obviously a newbie here so please get to know the site and the members before crapping up threads

Plonewbie has zero interest in being an active member of the PCF community

From their location, screename and posts they just joined to troll me and won't contribute in any other fashion

Coming from the guy who only responds to my posts to take jabs at me it's not that surprising you'd have this opinion
Thats not true at all, I think you’ve done very well for yourself, and I’m happy for you that you’ve been able to do something you enjoy and make a living out of it, and experience some home/life balance at the same time. I’m a little jealous actually, to be honest. But at the same time if I see a questionable post, I’m certainly not going to be afraid to call you out on it.

Actually, there have been quite a few times legitimate members questioned Anthony's actions. I don't think he minds being questioned. There is a difference between questioning a jam with a weak hand and trolling.

In the end, one can question why, but you have to give credit to a man who hasn't "gone to work" a single day in almost 2 years.

I like this terminology. “Artificially inflating equity”. He makes a great point. Who in the world gets all in 5 ways with 8 high and justifies it by saying “I had 28% equity blah blah” I’m in decent shape. I feel like I got stupider today
Okay, this is better. Thank you. I was worried.

Why do you even play against him? He’s got double suited aces 3/5th of the time and the other 2/5ths they aren’t both suited. He should be the easiest person in the game to play optimally against. It’s not like you don’t notice he’s there - he’s the size of a lawn gnome.

He even liked my post where I (in not so many words) call him the nittiest stone in the rock garden. Why even call this guy? Let him take the blinds and wheeeee a dollar fiddy.

But.... But..... He brings me joy.... And he most likely stole Anthony's wheel....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom