This is going to be a problem (2 Viewers)

princeink

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey gang....
I used to play with a group of friends in college.. we were serious for a long while but we all got older and life got to all of us.
We've still had an annual game around Christmas but this past year just felt different. Several of us got the itch again and now we're considering regular games for those that can make it.
I was looking at eBay for some chips but wasn't too happy... r/poker pointed me here with a word of caution. I was up til 4 am combing through this site over the weekend and quickly realized what the caution was for. I love everything I'm finding on here.
In a short weekend I already decided Tina - Hybrid textured web mold 39mm are for me. Yesterday, I created a logo for my (future) tiki bar to use as the face of the chips and now I'm about to go down the rabbit hole of designing the chips themselves. Before realizing I could customize the chip.. I decided to pull from some default colors and mocked up my art on them.
I'm pumped to get back into poker and go overboard with the set up. I've already recruited another friend to the site as well. This is going to be a problem... but I'm pumped.

Attachments

• loose gannon chips rnd1.png
    loose gannon chips rnd1.png
    414.1 KB · Views: 84
Hello, nice logo design and good luck with your new addiction and I think you'll find that the only problem is that there is neither enough money nor space in your house for all the chips you want. But good luck and I look forward to pics of your complete first set once you finish it. (I say first because there will be more to follow, oh yes, there will be more)

Hello, nice logo design and good luck with your new addiction and I think you'll find that the only problem is that there is neither enough money nor space in your house for all the chips you want. But good luck and I look forward to pics of your complete first set once you finish it. (I say first because there will be more to follow, oh yes, there will be more)
Thanks man. I already am fully aware I'll be designing chips in my spare time. Now if I can win at cards... it can fund this hobby perhaps.

In my opinion, you are joining at the mecca of the poker chip customization era. When I joined there were only really 2-3 vendor options, and now it really is a great time to create a usable, affordable, and beautiful poker chip.

Good luck, have fun!

Welcome to PCF! With custom chips you can do anything you want...but, you might consider sticking with standard base colors. $1 = white or blue, $5 = red, $25 = green, $100 = black. Just a thought.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom