My friend and local pro made another deep run in WSOP (1 Viewer)

Even after dumping 4M+ on this hand, he's sitting in 5th with 27.1M, still 18 left.

Hand #102: Michael Krasienko raised from middle position and Jack Sinclair called from the small blind.

The flop came down :ad::ks::7s:, Krasienko bet 1,200,000, Sincliar check-raised to 3,500,000, and Kraisenko called.

The turn was the :2c:, Sinclair bet 5,000,000, and Krasienko folded

I finally got the kids to bed, check my phone and there are over 150 unread texts from our group text thread. A few of our group are out there railing him and sending us live updates.

That's a shame. Great effort, I can't imagine how cool it would be to play the World Series and be recorded live on espn.

So after thinking about it most of the night andnchecking with a few other people I talk poker with, we all seem to think the jam on the flop was a bad play.

A UTG raise at a now full table is much stronger than when it was short handed. The raise with QQ is standard but to be 4 bet should be sending up hugenred flashing lights saying WARNING, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!!

I think calling the 4 bet is fine, if a Q comes off he could become the chip leader after all!

Flop comes great for any big PP 10 high with no draws.

UTG leads for 7M, this sizing is huge, 70% of the pot. It puts Mike in a very tough spot. If he calls the pot is 24M chips and he has less than a pot sized bet left. If he shoves only better hands are ever calling him. The only hand he is ahead of is AK really. And AK probably bets 1/3 to 1/2 pot on the flop.

All of this makes me think a fold is the best play. The real money implications are huge too. Moving up even 1 more spot is an extra $120k!!! The jumps from there are even bigger!!

With 22m chips he would have still been in the middle of the pack.

I think fatigue and pressure started to take their toll on him and when he gets some time to go back over the hand he will come to a similar conclusion.

It was an incredible run and I and the rest of our poker group are very proud of him!

One of the guys found this old picture from around 2011 when we used to get 50+ people for a tournament and cash game to follow every week in Lorain OH.

IMG_3208.PNG

Last edited:
I wasn't about to analyze his play as he is probably infinitely better than I will ever be at poker, but I was a little surprised to see that's how he went out.

Still though, you can't take away from the accomplishment of getting that deep in a field that big. Absolutely incredible result, and a great series for him based on his previous tournament success as well. Congrats to him and your group!

I wasn't about to analyze his play as he is probably infinitely better than I will ever be at poker, but I was a little surprised to see that's how he went out.

Still though, you can't take away from the accomplishment of getting that deep in a field that big. Absolutely incredible result, and a great series for him based on his previous tournament success as well. Congrats to him and your group!

But we have to analyze our play!! That is how we get better.

This is only his second year playing in the WSOP, he has cashed in the Main Event both times, the $25k PLO and a few smaller tournaments. He will be back, and hopefully will find a final table. The skill is there, but luck is always needed when fields are so big.

So after thinking about it most of the night andnchecking with a few other people I talk poker with, we all seem to think the jam on the flop was a bad play.

A UTG raise at a now full table is much stronger than when it was short handed. The raise with QQ is standard but to be 4 bet should be sending up hugenred flashing lights saying WARNING, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!!

I think calling the 4 bet is fine, if a Q comes off he could become the chip leader after all!

Flop comes great for any big PP 10 high with no draws.

UTG leads for 7M, this sizing is huge, 70% of the pot. It puts Mike in a very tough spot. If he calls the pot is 24M chips and he has less than a pot sized bet left. If he shoves only better hands are ever calling him. The only hand he is ahead of is AK really. And AK probably bets 1/3 to 1/2 pot on the flop.

All of this makes me think a fold is the best play. The real money implications are huge too. Moving up even 1 more spot is an extra $120k!!! The jumps from there are even bigger!!

With 22m chips he would have still been in the middle of the pack.

I think fatigue and pressure started to take their toll on him and when he gets some time to go back over the hand he will come to a similar conclusion.

It was an incredible run and I and the rest of our poker group are very proud of him!

One of the guys found this old picture from around 2011 when we used to get 50+ people for a tournament and cash game to follow every week in Lorain OH.

View attachment 109414

Hindsight is 20/20.

I agree with your analysis, but the other side of the coin is that laying down a premium pair can be exploitable. And at that point, everyone is trying the chip up, no one is coasting for the final table... I'm sure the thought that he was beat crossed his mind, but perhaps he was ready to plant his flag and if he was up against KK or AA, well, he still had outs. Maybe he had a run of shit cards and decided he wasn't going to fold the one premium PP he had seen in 2 hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom