My friend and local pro made another deep run in WSOP (1 Viewer)

Rhodeman77

Straight Flush
Reaction score
keep an eye out for my friend Mike this WSOP. He finished 16th for $16k yesterday in his first event this season. Last year he made a very deep run in the main event.

He is a PLO cash game grinder mostly but is an excellent Hold'em tournament player too.

Great success story too. He was alway a great player but alcohol and drugs got in his way. He has been sober for 2+ years now and is destroying it on the felt.

https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop/wsop-2017/event-29-no-limit-holdem/chips.168820.htm

IMG_3040.PNG

there is a large group from our home games in Vegas right now from Cleveland. Just got a text about another one of our group.

This is Dohar and he is currently the chip leader in the $235 Rio daily with about a 300k stack.

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

The problem with going to Vegas for me is, that the hotels and shit would eat up to much of my bankroll.

The one time I was there it was with my wife. I only played about one hour a day. I average over 100 profit a session. I really felt like I could have paid for the entire trip if she gave me one night of gambling.

@detroitdad get a Total Rewards Visa card. Build up your points and use them for the hotel stay.

My entire room bill is going to be covered by my comp points and you get better room rates.

Flights can be found for under $200 easily. As I posted recently I found them for $40 round trip. 3 of my friends got them. They are going to crash in my room so they are going to Vegas for practically free.

Trying to figure out how it's possible for the chip leader to have 300k when the average stack is 218k in a 1000man with 72 left... I lean hard towards the "it's not possible" side :D

Regardless, while it may have been disappointing to finish 23rd he should feel very fortunate to have moved up 50 places from the point where the average stack had an M of 5 with eight full tables left. At that point it's nearly all about rungood.

Trying to figure out how it's possible for the chip leader to have 300k when the average stack is 218k in a 1000man with 72 left... I lean hard towards the "it's not possible" side :D

Regardless, while it may have been disappointing to finish 23rd he should feel very fortunate to have moved up 50 places from the point where the average stack had an M of 5 with eight full tables left. At that point it's nearly all about rungood.

The tournament clock pic was sent to me a while after the pic of his stack. I just posted them together so everyone could see the tournament info. But it definetly got to be a shove fest late.

keep an eye out for my friend Mike this WSOP. He finished 16th for $16k yesterday in his first event this season. Last year he made a very deep run in the main event.

He is a PLO cash game grinder mostly but is an excellent Hold'em tournament player too.

Great success story too. He was alway a great player but alcohol and drugs got in his way. He has been sober for 2+ years now and is destroying it on the felt.

https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop/wsop-2017/event-29-no-limit-holdem/chips.168820.htm

View attachment 104502

Friend confirmed Vladimir Putin.

Mike is in the $25k PLO event right now and among the chip leaders!

So this post was from last night. I just got an update, they are down to 20 players now. Mike is 9th in chips. Guaranteed $42,393 if he busts now. First place is a few bucks shy of $1.3 million!!!

IMG_3166.PNG

Last edited:
I'd like to say my PLO game is as good as his, and it probably was a few years ago, but I had kids and had to cut down my playing time while he dedicated his life to becoming a world class player. So I know he leagues ahead of me now.

I must say that is pretty cool to say I played with him on a weekly basis for a few years and have had some epic pots.

I'll have to invite him to the next 25c/50c game when he is in town :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom