More WSOP Coverage - using paper charts/hand ranges in a live tourney (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score

First 5 mins of this video, guy was trying to refer to shoving charts/opening hand range charts apparently. Called out by players at the table.

TD says this is illegal to do during the hand, but ok to use when you are not in the hand.

Thoughts?

Agreed with @courage. Right call by TD.

More amusingly I saw a guy actually pull out his phone and use the calculator during a PLO hand a little while ago. No one said shit. He called and bricked both river runs and lost and said, "Yeah I wasn't getting the right price, but I didn't want to fold." Lol.

How does he make it all the way to 78th place is my question :confused:

Did we ever find out for sure what that guy had written on those papers?
I think the only reason I'd be seen looking at notes at the table is if I wanted my opponents to think I was a total idiot.

Did we ever find out for sure what that guy had written on those papers?
I think the only reason I'd be seen looking at notes at the table is if I wanted my opponents to think I was a total idiot.

If that's true, then that's real showmanship! Looking like a complete donk at the feature table in front of a large audience and then shoving all your chips into the great abyss isn't optimal play, methinks. Maybe he rode that pony all the way to 78th, though.

I don't remember exactly, but I think he had A-9 off suit and he was out of position?
What were those papers going to tell him, how much he should raise?
Even if he'd never played poker before, 6 days of playing that tournament should have taught him what to do.
It seemed pretty strange to me.

I don't remember exactly, but I think he had A-9 off suit and he was out of position?
What were those papers going to tell him, how much he should raise?
Even if he'd never played poker before, 6 days of playing that tournament should have taught him what to do.
It seemed pretty strange to me.

You are correct. That's what made it all the more hilarious. It's like the TD ruling got him all flustered and he donked out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom