Bizarre Snowie hand (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Playing $1/$2 on Poker Snowie. Hero is in the SB with [:td::ac:]. Folds to Hero who RFI 3BB.

1636047911969.png

Snowie BB 3! to 3x. We can see his cards now but I couldnt see them during the hand. Apparently this hand is a mixed strategy 95% fold, 5% raise
Hero calls, pot is 36

1636048024725.png

Hero X to the pre-flop aggressor
Snowie raises 1/2 pot as the A hits pre-flop 3! range. This is a pure bet for Snowie.
Hero calls, pot is 72. Call is correct.

1636048100107.png

Hero X, Snowie bets 1/2 pot. This is Mixed bet 90%, X 10%

Move: hero raise_bet 108 : Hero raises incase V is drawing with 56s, should have just called her because if V has A2, A3, AK, AQ, AJ Hero is outkicked. V does have ATs, A9s, A8s, A7s, A6s, A5s, A4s in range. Snowie gave me an *error* here as this is a pure call and I understand that. I dont think I get better hands to fold or worse hands to call here, and no drawing equity to deny so no point in raising.

1636048236052.png

River is a blank, Hero X, Snowie jams. This is a pure jam?

Hero calls, I mean hey I have trips and I never fold trips. Snowie gave me an "error" on - this is a pure fold for Hero here, but the EV loss is only -0.01 so I think in a simplified model a call is OK only against a V that can bluff 3 streets like a balanced GTO bot.

Showdown: [Ts 6c] : Um OK, someone explain this to me. I guess he is banking on 3! range advantage on every street and is banking on how few Ax I have in range I have that wont lose to A2s, A3s, A9s, AJ, AQ, AK and should fold to this action? Maybe the runout came perfect for V's range here and the likelihood that I have a A that *should* call here is very small? Just very, very surprised to see this play but maybe it is all range-based?

1636048348466.png

1636048376422.png

I'll be honest, in a live game I'm never folding that A either. Villain can have JJ-KK that they figure are good against everything except an ace that they attempt to bet for "value" and end up value owning themselves. Only against a nitty player am I ever folding this. Against a normal rec or reg player they are often just blasting off and against a strong player they have enough bluffs in their range that you just have to call down and make them prove they don't have a better ace or a magical 45 or boat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom