Modiano Bridge Large Index $9.95 Delivered New Setups!!! (3 Viewers)

I no longer see the vendor on PCF listing, perhaps he was quietly removed.

I guess I have to keep holding out hope for replacement cards. Since I only bought 1 setup, it's going to cost me $4 + a bubble mailer to send it back, and I'm only into the setup for $9.95 as it is.

I am glad to see that refunds are available as a last resort.

Same as courage, refund will be given after they are returned. Doesn't make sense that shipping is on my dime but whatever... I can send the five setups back in a regional FR box for eight bucks.

Send 'em back in free repurposed junk mail envelopes, however many cards will legally fit for the cost of a Forever stamp purchased in 2003.....

Send 'em back in free repurposed junk mail envelopes, however many cards will legally fit for the cost of a Forever stamp purchased in 2003.....
Sounds good but PayPal stipulates they must be sent back in the same condition they were received in. Assuming that includes the worthless three size too big card holders and the enormous boxes.

I emailed with the Vendor today. He stated he will be updating this forum today with information on the issue. I would recommend holding of on shipping them back until he posts later today.

Hello Guys,

Sorry for all this issue. We have unaware that these decks were faulty until you guys brought it up. We sourced these from US Games and have already notified them. They are taking their time to sort it out. Therefore we have decided to ship all the customers brand new sets of our elite decks. Pictures of the sets attached.
Please send us an email at sales@gamblerswarehouse.com with your order number and we will ship you these sets as a replacement for the ones you received. Please do mention whether you want them in red/blue or black/gold.
You guys not need to pay anything for shipping etc. You can scrap the decks you received earlier. Hope everyone would be happy with this solution.

Attachments

• 61SaG2loXdL._SL1100_.jpg
    61SaG2loXdL._SL1100_.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 61UAu+UrOHL._SL1100_.jpg
    61UAu+UrOHL._SL1100_.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 194
Additionally you must close your PayPal dispute before they will send replacement decks. I wanted to note that publicly in case there are issues.

Additionally you must close your PayPal dispute before they will send replacement decks. I wanted to note that publicly in case there are issues.
My replacements are en route and I was not asked to cancel my PP dispute prior to merchandise being shipped. Not thrilled with poker size but still a good price... better than losing 20% on return shipping I suppose.

This vendor has also apparently sent @joseywales a setu pof Guild cards with the case broken in 2 places:
Playing Card Review: Guild

Your post confused me and l pulled the trigger early on a replacement request. My case was damaged and I assumed the cards were, but hadn't looked at them closely. Eddie wrote me, saying that my order # was not part of the replacement, which is fine, as I prefer bridge. After inspecting, y cards are fine. Eddie didn't make any offer to replace the broken case, but I didn't ask either.

I'll say this, I really like the Guilds and ordered another set. They are very similar to my Fournier Congress. They feel a tad thicker, but are actually thinner, if that makes sense. To me, they seem to shuffle a tad better. They aren't as slippery as the Congress and the reds pop, as opposed to the security red on my Congress set. I also ordered a set of Fournier FDLs, which appear to have a brighter red - thanks to guys here pointing them out. They are $5 more than the Guild. It should interesting to compare those to the Guilds, but I don't see my Guilds going anywhere. If anything, i'd run both the FDLs and Guilds.

My replacements are en route and I was not asked to cancel my PP dispute prior to merchandise being shipped. Not thrilled with poker size but still a good price... better than losing 20% on return shipping I suppose.

I did not have to ship back. Since they didn't have bridge size jumbo index he just refunded my money. Circuitous route but whatev...

Received the replacement cards today. The below is not a reflection of the seller, just my opinion of the new cards offered as a replacement. I got another set of Modiano plastic cards for the $9.95 shipped I paid, which isn't a bad deal.

The new cards are fine, but they are not anything like what I was looking for. The 2 reasons I ordered the original setup are not present in these cards. One was that they were bridge sized (I knew this when I asked for the replacement setup) and the other was that the pips were not centered in a little yellow box despite having a jumbo index. These are typical poker-sized jumbo cards with the center pips in the little box, which I have plenty of already. They did come with cut cards and a plastic case, both things I was in need of.

There were no photos of the faces for these decks on the website, and it's my fault for not doing some more research myself or demanding a refund when I couldn't get replacements for the original setup.

I do have to say however that the original cards are still available on their website, and I'm wondering if these also have defects. They are either the same defective cards still being sold, or they now have new stock which makes me wonder why they couldn't send replacements. http://www.playingcards.net/Modiano-Bridge-Size-Jumbo-Index-Plastic-cards_p_1946.html

And that's all for me on this topic. I hope everyone else had their issues resolved to their liking!

Received the replacement cards today. The below is not a reflection of the seller, just my opinion of the new cards offered as a replacement. I got another set of Modiano plastic cards for the $9.95 shipped I paid, which isn't a bad deal.

The new cards are fine, but they are not anything like what I was looking for. The 2 reasons I ordered the original setup are not present in these cards. One was that they were bridge sized (I knew this when I asked for the replacement setup) and the other was that the pips were not centered in a little yellow box despite having a jumbo index. These are typical poker-sized jumbo cards with the center pips in the little box, which I have plenty of already. They did come with cut cards and a plastic case, both things I was in need of.

There were no photos of the faces for these decks on the website, and it's my fault for not doing some more research myself or demanding a refund when I couldn't get replacements for the original setup.

!

On Amazon right now, there's Bridge Jumbo Davinci Ruote's, by Modiano, Setups for $13.97 Delivered Amazon Prime , which fit your bill for the Jumbo & full sized pips per the info /pics on Amazon, & of course no hassle 30 day Amazon money back guarantee:
https://smile.amazon.com/Italian-Pl...qid=1488823370&sr=8-3&keywords=modiano+bridge

Last edited:
For the last time. PLEASE stop posting links. My Paypal account can't take it anymore!! PLEASE, for the love of God, let me be happy with the cards I have NOW!!

IMO Modiano cards are not a good value unless they are free. Then they might make a decent paper weight but still suck for poker games. Unless you use the plastic dice chips, then they are perfect.

IMO Modiano cards are not a good value unless they are free. Then they might make a decent paper weight but still suck for poker games. Unless you use the plastic dice chips, then they are perfect.

Where the hell were you yesterday, before I ordered them!

You are addicted. Face it.

But I'm not! All I want is a few sets for my cash game, period! I have Guilds, which I really like. Fournier FDLs, which I like as well. I was thinking these Modianos might have the same bright red, but without the shaded centers, like the Fourniers.

All I want is a few sets for my cash game, period! I have Guilds, which I really like. Fournier FDLs, which I like as well. I was thinking these Modianos might have the same bright red, but without the shaded centers, like the Fourniers.

I don't see Davinci Ruote's in your list. Surprising, because they are really nice cards.

Thanks for that :rolleyes: No go! The red is perfect, but they have the same shaded center as the Fourniers and the Guilds. Not bad cards. Shuffle nice, etc., but still not the white centers. The picture on Amazon is BS. The box says Da Vinci. Interestingly, you can't see the centers on the box. But the Amazon image shows the centers as white. Jesus, it shouldn't be this had to buy cards...

I think you will really like these, they are the large index Modianos

They seem fine, but I was hoping for a white center. I'd return them, since I have Prime, especially since I don't want decks of cards piling up here. We'll see.

Thanks for that :rolleyes: No go! The red is perfect, but they have the same shaded center as the Fourniers and the Guilds. Not bad cards. Shuffle nice, etc., but still not the white centers. The picture on Amazon is BS. The box says Da Vinci. Interestingly, you can't see the centers on the box. But the Amazon image shows the centers as white.

Wow this is disappointing to hear! Sorry for the bad experience, but if it helps you saved me from having to do the same thing as I was going to buy these soon :cool:

Wow this is disappointing to hear! Sorry for the bad experience, but if it helps you saved me from having to do the same thing as I was going to buy these soon :cool:

Glad to hear it. I sent in a report that the description is inaccurate, so hopefully I spare others. The price is good, the quality seems fine and pending durability, I'd be happy, if they had white centers. I fell like I just bought another set of Guilds or Fourniers. On one hand, I guess it's nice to have 3 sets of good cards, all with different backs, but...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom