Modiano Bridge Large Index $9.95 Delivered New Setups!!! (2 Viewers)

Has anybody sent him a link to this thread? They should be aware of the exposure on this.

I sent him the link to this thread but it was a few days ago when the thread just started. I say we give him until the end of the work week to get a plan together but if he is still being shady we need to try to get him removed as a vendor and bash his company on all related messages boards we may belong to.

I sent him the link to this thread but it was a few days ago when the thread just started. I say we give him until the end of the work week to get a plan together but if he is still being shady we need to try to get him removed as a vendor and bash his company on all related messages boards we may belong to.
Shrug. Had a civil back and forth yesterday with very fast responses but it's been over 24 hours without a peep. I'll be filing my PP claim tonight.

I'm not in a hurry so if he can get me replacement red and blue aces of spades I'll be fine with keeping the setup at the full price. I'll give it a little time before filing any claims as I'm sure it's going to take a while to negotiate getting replacements from Modiano.

I definitely won't be buying anymore Modiano cards as this is my 3rd setup in 4 tries (all different variants) that I've had issues with. This is the one I'm most disappointed with as I really do like the cards.

Based on the exchanges with others in this thread I also do not anticipate doing more business with this retailer.

To be clear, I would have happily waited longer for resolution but it was clear Eddie had no interest in making this right, only in passing the buck and trolling me like an asshat. I would expect more from approved vendors on this site.

To be clear, I would have happily waited longer for resolution but it was clear Eddie had no interest in making this right, only in passing the buck and trolling me like an asshat. I would expect more from approved vendors on this site.
To be clear, based on my own personal interactions with him on this matter I would have happily waited longer for resolution as well. It's his responses to you that turned me to "fuck them" mode.

There are a shitload of nice cards available to put up with this from either the seller or the manufacturer.
I'd go into the hole money wise in a heartbeat to take care of this problem if I were the vendor. And I'd do it immediately.
We have choices to buy products from a huge amount of reputable dealers and manufacturers. Stuff like this is where you make your hard earned money heard.

I'd go into the hole money wise in a heartbeat to take care of this problem if I were the vendor. And I'd do it immediately.
Yep, agreed. I got the "we are working with the manufacturer on issuing a refund" email yesterday... like that's my problem. Side note, I got that email within minutes of posting:
Ronoh said:
Had a civil back and forth yesterday with very fast responses but it's been over 24 hours without a peep. I'll be filing my PP claim tonight.
so I can only assume he's been following along.

Look, it is a bummer when this kind of thing happens, but solutions to a blanket problem rarely can be resolved overnight. Sounds like Eddie is aware of the scope of the problem and has probably involved Modiano in an effort to reach a solution regarding their defective card. I would give him a little more time to make things right.

Sounds like Eddie is aware of the scope of the problem and has probably involved Modiano in an effort to reach a solution regarding their defective card. I would give him a little more time to make things right.
He lost me when he started playing dumb. See courage's posts throughout this thread for details.

Yep, agreed. I got the "we are working with the manufacturer on issuing a refund" email yesterday... like that's my problem....
I can't believe all this stalling over a $9.95 sale ...
The Mfgr didn't charge your account, and has Absolutely nothing to do with his ability to give you a prompt refund for a sale he made , as you mention his dealings with his suppliers is his, not your concern ..
Plenty of businesses (including mine), often simply end up "trashing" many types defective items after giving a customer a prompt refund, if the item is either something unable to, or uneconomical to return to the mfgr for replacement..

Last edited:
This is complete BS. Once you are done sorting this out financially with Paypal, I would send Modiano an e-mail and link this thread, as they deserve to know that a reseller is trashing their reputation in this manner.
On a separate note, I cannot believe that, in this day and age, ANY e-tailer would act in this way towards a Customer. The risk far outweighs any possible financial burden. On the two occasions that I have had issues with card purchases, both were resolved quickly, with a minimum of fuss, and in a manner that exceeded what was required. As a result, CaraGails was ALWAYS one of the first on-line vendors I mentioned, and Straight Poker Supplies as well.
This jack-hole deserves the insolvency that is coming his way.

Has anybody heard back about replacement cards? I just sent out another email as I haven't heard anything back in a while.

Give the guy 45 days. If you can resolve the issue, file a report with the BBB.

Filed with PayPal a week ago to get the process started and to give them an opportunity to refund my purchase. Haven't heard a peep via email and they've given zero response via PayPal to the filing in that time so I escalated it to a claim last night.

Quick reply already,

"Hello,
We have sent our stock to the manufacturer so they can inspect and making a final call. Hopefully at the end of this week we will be able to decide whether to issue a full refund or reship a brand new set.
Thanks"

I'm in the minority probably by being satisfied with this reply, but I am also only in for 1 setup and haven't had a negative interaction with him yet. I'm still just hoping to end up with a nice setup of these cards.

Quick reply already,

"Hello,
".......... and making a final call. Hopefully at the end of this week we will be able to decide whether to.
........"
giphy.gif

Spot on Blaster. Any CREDIBLE e-Tailer would be more likely to respond in this fashion . . .

Customer: I received my purchase and there is a problem with the product. Here is a description and pictures to highlight the issue.
Vendor: We are very sorry this happened to you. Naturally, things like this can happen from time to time, but we are anxious to make this right, as we value your trust. Please return the defective material to us at our expense, so that we can address this with our supplier. In the meantime, we would like to reship your order, or something of similar value, if that is something you would prefer. Please let us know, as your satisfaction with our service is of the highest priority to us.

An exchange of that nature is what a Customer should expect. Anything else is just stalling and delaying in the hopes you will give up and go away. Preferably without raising red flags for their other Customers.

Spot on Blaster. Any CREDIBLE e-Tailer would be more likely to respond in this fashion . . .

Customer: I received my purchase and there is a problem with the product. Here is a description and pictures to highlight the issue.
Vendor: We are very sorry this happened to you. Naturally, things like this can happen from time to time, but we are anxious to make this right, as we value your trust. Please return the defective material to us at our expense, so that we can address this with our supplier. In the meantime, we would like to reship your order, or something of similar value, if that is something you would prefer. Please let us know, as your satisfaction with our service is of the highest priority to us.

An exchange of that nature is what a Customer should expect. Anything else is just stalling and delaying in the hopes you will give up and go away. Preferably without raising red flags for their other Customers.

Absofreakinglutely!!!

And ^this^ is almost verbatim what I got from Amazon customer service regarding a similar (non-poker) product issue earlier this week. That is the way it should be done, and the way it is done by successful companies.

What we are seeing here is a uneducated small-potatoes vendor who is incapable of seeing the big picture. He could have easily been a saint/savior and gained the accolades (and much future business) of the members of this community. He instead chose to act like an irresponsible asshat - earning public scorn and essentially losing any chance whatsoever for any future business from the members of this community. That's quite a baseline of steady business to just flip off, to save a few dollars and/or the hassle of taking the proper steps to resolve the issue.

It's bad business for sure. I tend to be a forgiving, optimist type. So my guess would be that he's not an asshat, but that he's a guy struggling to keep his head above water, who's operating at too low margins, who genuinely can't afford a few bad transactions. And as a result, who reacted poorly to this situation.

Customer orders a plate of food for $35.
Brings it back up to the counter & says, " Look, This chicken is rancid, and still has a few feathers, I want my money back".
There are some business owners that would 1st suggest the dish is fine & can still be eaten, then argue with the customer, then tell them to come back in 10 days, after they "make calls to their chicken supplier", then "look into possibly getting them a gift certificate for a future purchase , then tell them to wait a few more days, ....then .. then ... then ....
or, there's the business that simply immediately says , "Very sorry you seem to have not been satisfied, here's your refund. BTW , it's not your concern, but I will promptly be calling my chicken suppliers to be sure I get fresh / new product so this never happens again " ....

Escalated paypal dispute to claim since there has been no response whatsoever from seller since opening the dispute.

Are you responsible for return shipping costs?

Yes.

Does this mean PayPal is making the Vendor pay you a refund? Or is PayPal refunding your money?

It's not clear, but the email reads "once we have confirmed the seller has received the merchandise, we will issue your refund."

Tracking info required to be submitted in online resolution case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom