Mod/admin responsibility in classified section for questionable listing descriptions??? (2 Viewers)

ebH50H.gif

The thing that makes this situation so unique is that this seller attempted this exact sale a couple of years back. IIRC the members weren't aggressive and even informative in that thread (maybe I'm biased - could be). I don't get the sense PCF would come down harshly on a n00b if they weren't aware of what they were selling. If anything, we'd probably add more detail to enhance the sale.

The point being - this seller was informed/warned(?) before by the community to not post the "bogus" ad in a manner that could be easily misunderstood by uninformed members (eg n00bs). As a primo-n00b myself, I appreciate the more informed members 'having my back' in situations like this. I would assume other n00bs feel the same way. Are hilarious gifs the way to regulate this? I think you know my answer but I'm definitely in favor of a mechanism that will publicly alert me if something was fishy about a certain ad.

The thing that makes this situation so unique is that this seller attempted this exact sale a couple of years back. IIRC the members weren't aggressive and even informative in that thread (maybe I'm biased - could be). I don't get the sense PCF would come down harshly on a n00b if they weren't aware of what they were selling. If anything, we'd probably add more detail to enhance the sale.

The point being - this seller was informed/warned(?) before by the community to not post the "bogus" ad in a manner that could be easily misunderstood by uninformed members (eg n00bs). As a primo-n00b myself, I appreciate the more informed members 'having my back' in situations like this. I would assume other n00bs feel the same way. Are hilarious gifs the way to regulate this? I think you know my answer but I'm definitely in favor of a mechanism that will publicly alert me if something was fishy about a certain ad.
This is like his fourth time. Each time he gets pissy, talks really weak shit, then disappears for 2.3 years to come back with either the same item, or another item... And the process repeats.

True Detective Time GIF

YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD!
Polish_20240129_104901752.jpg

AAAAAarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!

Face Fail GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Last edited:
If we threat ban hammer on members for talking shit to someone that is obviously trying to SCAM people then this is no longer a community site. There is a thin line between wanting to have a community and having a community.

We are welcome to noobs, we forgive mistakes( I know I have made some myself) but we don’t allow scammers or people trying to take advantage of newer members.

I truly believe the mods are doing great job most of the time but this case the seller should have been given a warning but also fair to give along a small scolding for the rude members.

If a mod took the time to clean up the thread then he had the time to see that the listing was false and should have acted accordingly.

I'll be honest as about a green a member can be... I thought his sale was a gag at first based on everyone's reaction to it. Had other members not reacted that way I would have thought it was a serious sale... not that I would have been interested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom