Mod/admin responsibility in classified section for questionable listing descriptions??? (2 Viewers)

Rhodeman77

Straight Flush
Reaction score
We recently had a listing for sale that caught the attention of many members calling out the claims and validity of the listing by the OP. Pretty much every post was removed and the members were given a warning for thread crapping. But most of the questions asked were valid based upon the claims made by the listing member.

I’m sure if the listing has just had the item for sale and a price it would not have had all the “thread crapping”.

But if the members are unable to protect each other from people making false claims of items for sale in the classified should not the mods and Admin have that responsibility then?

this feels like a trap

1000003627.gif

This becomes a slippery slope for the mods/admins. At what point would their responsibility end?

Also, just as pernicious is thread fluffing.

We recently had a listing for sale that caught the attention of many members calling out the claims and validity of the listing by the OP. Pretty much every post was removed and the members were given a warning for thread crapping. But most of the questions asked were valid based upon the claims made by the listing member.

I’m sure if the listing has just had the item for sale and a price it would not have had all the “thread crapping”.

But if the members are unable to protect each other from people making false claims of items for sale in the classified should not the mods and Admin have that responsibility then?
It's one thing to point out the validity of the sellers' claims, but the condescending douche bag type posts are not necessary.

Mad Max Reaction GIF

I 100% agree with @Rhodeman77 and think that particular listing should’ve been removed.

We recently had a listing for sale that caught the attention of many members calling out the claims and validity of the listing by the OP. Pretty much every post was removed.......But if the members are unable to protect each other from people making false claims of items for sale in the classified should not the mods and Admin have that responsibility then?
I agree that douch baggery should not be allowed, but at the same time false claims should not be allowed either.

There has to be a better way to deal with this sort of thing than just banning douch baggery and tolerating false claims

I agree that douch baggery should not be allowed, but at the same time false claims should not be allowed either.

There has to be a better way to deal with this sort of thing than just banning douch baggery and tolerating false claims
I think the only answer is to make me the Judge Judy of PCF.

judge judy GIF

See Ya Adele GIF by E!

See you in a month, brother.
I can’t call someone a douchebag when they’re trying to scam members here?

People were up in arms about China clays to protect new members ostensibly, but this guy posts one of the most bullshit ads in several years and long term members should just shrug and be like “caveat emptor, open market, yay!”.

I can’t call someone a douchebag when they’re trying to scam members here?

People were up in arms about China clays to protect new members ostensibly, but this guy posts one of the most bullshit ads in several years and long term members should just shrug and be like “caveat emptor, open market, yay!”.
I don't make the rules. I just..... Well.... Do stuff.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom