Miller's Bar and Poker Room (Cali Cash) - CPC Design (1 Viewer)

Oh man.... I can't take anymore turmoil in my mind..... I think I'm driving my designer nuts with a ton of little tweaks and changes
Hang in there! New logo with larger denoms is definitely an improvement. Idea about adding location at the bottom is good too. Ultimately you have to decide what YOU like best.

I put up a post a few weeks ago asking for input on an inlay design I was working on. About 90% of the feedback was negative. Guess what - I'm doing it anyway because it's what I want. I still appreciated the feedback and made some slight tweaks, but they're my chips and I'm going to put the design on them that I want.

Ok guys, here is the final design that was just submitted to CPC. I'm pretty happy with it and it's going to be a long 4-6 months until they arrive. Appreciate all the feedback on the inlay, it really helped nail it down. Logo was kept inside the circle but we were able to stretch it to the edge and make the dollar values bigger and I added Detroit, MI at the bottom on the ring instead of repeating Bar and Poker Room.

Millers Bar Cash Set.png

Ok guys, here is the final design that was just submitted to CPC. I'm pretty happy with it and it's going to be a long 4-6 months until they arrive. Appreciate all the feedback on the inlay, it really helped nail it down. Logo was kept inside the circle but we were able to stretch it to the edge and make the dollar values bigger and I added Detroit, MI at the bottom on the ring instead of repeating Bar and Poker Room.

View attachment 888486
I like where you landed on the design. One thing though. Maybe I’m crazy but the curve of “Bar & Poker Room” and “Detroit, MI” looks off in comparison to the white circle. Does that make sense?

I like where you landed on the design. One thing though. Maybe I’m crazy but the curve of “Bar & Poker Room” and “Detroit, MI” looks off in comparison to the white circle. Does that make sense?

Hmmmm, I can't really see it. I imported a screen shot from a PDF file so maybe something got skewed. For my tourney set David reviewed the Adobe Illustrator before finalizing everything in the CPC system so I'll ask him to take a look and see if anything seems off.

Hmmmm, I can't really see it. I imported a screen shot from a PDF file so maybe something got skewed. For my tourney set David reviewed the Adobe Illustrator before finalizing everything in the CPC system so I'll ask him to take a look and see if anything seems off.
Look at the space between the B in bar to the white circle. And the space under the K in poker to the white circle. Looks like more space under B than under K. Like the curvature is off just a tad.

Yeah, looks off to me. Again, same with the Detroit, MI. Maybe someone else can weigh in

Cool, thanks for the sharp eye!!! I'll tell David to take a look at it when he reviews the Adobe files. Last time he tweaked a few things also.

Cool, thanks for the sharp eye!!! I'll tell David to take a look at it when he reviews the Adobe files. Last time he tweaked a few things also.
Definitely off. These squares are the same size. Look how the K is clearly closer to circle. And for sure! Just wanting to help. I ran into that on my first set, kept messing with me and I couldn’t unsee it.
55A49631-7C6B-489C-B767-40016B874CC5.jpeg

I agree, it doesn’t seem to match exactly. And I’m not one to nit pick

Really nice design. And as a fellow Miller, put me down for a heads up (I mean sample) set if they become available.

I know you said your done with the design, but if you went with the same ring of text (change the font color to black) and lost the blue ring, the imperfection would be less noticeable. And, you could bump up the size of the logo by dropping it down a little.

Again, I understand wanting to keep the ring to match the existing set, but just spitballing here.

I know you said your done with the design, but if you went with the same ring of text (change the font color to black) and lost the blue ring, the imperfection would be less noticeable. And, you could bump up the size of the logo by dropping it down a little.

Again, I understand wanting to keep the ring to match the existing set, but just spitballing here.

I really like the ring though and the contrast it provides in the design. I’m just going to work with my designer or David at CPC to fix the “bend” of the text.

Love it. Don’t settle for the A-mold, you’ll regret it. You’re spending a lot of money on a personalized set that will last a lifetime, get what you really want.
I don't know about that. I think it is all personal preference. When I ordered my CPCs I went with the A-Mold since I like how it looked and I think it went well with my chip design.

I don't know about that. I think it is all personal preference. When I ordered my CPCs I went with the A-Mold since I like how it looked and I think it went well with my chip design.
But in this case A-mold was not OPs preference. They were only considering it in order to get their chips faster. Thus the advice not to settle.

So you need to read the comment as "Don't settle for (any mold that is not your preference) just to get your chips faster. Order the mold you like best, and wait for them."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom