may 13 - The Chip Room sale on CT (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I went to the bathroom for 2 mins this morning and when I came back had email from Jim about this sale. Had the OT hundos to checkout within 30 seconds, already sold out. YGBMFKM. :(

Yeah I went to the bathroom for 2 mins this morning and when I came back had email from Jim about this sale. Had the OT hundos to checkout within 30 seconds, already sold out. YGBMFKM. :(

Bummer, I was hoping you had picked those up when I saw they were sold. And somebody (not me) got a real steal on those mint oversize Lucky Derby $500's.

By the time I got the email most everything was sold. Ended up with 7 chips and learned my lesson. Never leave the computer. ;)

Bummer, too bad it wasn't advertised here as a sponscer. ;)

Never give up Ben! ;)

Check your inbox...

As Dave says: Chip Karma!

Yeah a Chip Room sale is like seeing a cop with a radar on the side of the road. By the time you see him (or the announcement about the sale) (or refresh your computer while on the checkout page)...IT'S TOO LATE!!! Unless you have an "in" with Jim, it is extremely hard to get in on some of these deals it seems.

I'll never forget the Pointe After sale. Literally 1 sec. after the sale opened, all $25s were sold out. So what's a man supposed to do? Well what I did was hunt them down and pay about a hundred times the sale price. :(:)

I got lucky, just happened to check private email at work before taking off and his email announcement had just arrived seconds earlier. Still wasn't fast enough to snag the Oak Trees (good job Chaos!) or those lovely 43mm chips, but did pick up a few Empress $1000 primaries for my set plus some Terrible's for Slisk.

Luck and timing is everything. :)

Bummer, too bad it wasn't advertised here as a sponscer. ;)

Yeah, I was surprised that he didn't post the order thread here. Doing an email announcement with only one order thread makes sense, but maybe he doesn't realize that more of his forum buyers are on this site than over there.....

Yeah, I was surprised that he didn't post the order thread here. Doing an email announcement with only one order thread makes sense, but maybe he doesn't realize that more of his forum buyers are on this site than over there.....

How does one get on his email list?

It's weird Dave, I only got the email like 30 mins after I had completed the purchase and after I had already exchanged emails with Jim about the Derbies (they were gone already)... I might be a server issue I guess...

Yeah I should be good - fortunate for both of us since you didn't seem too keen on parting with any more. :)

I think I have 240 total. Don't need 300, but like even racks. What to do, what to do.....

I'll never forget the Pointe After sale. Literally 1 sec. after the sale opened, all $25s were sold out. So what's a man supposed to do? Well what I did was hunt them down and pay about a hundred times the sale price.

Ah, but IMO, those might be the most delicious $25s ever -- and I didn't get any, either. Do you still have them?

I have a bunch of Pointe After chips that will likely be up for sale soon. To provide fair access to all, I'll do an auction starting at my purchase cost (most of which were NOT purchased from TCR, so I feel 72o's pain....).

I tried to get the Terrible's 500's because I only have a few St Jo primaries and no secondaries but to no avail :/

....And somebody (not me) got a real steal on those mint oversize Lucky Derby $500's.

Guilty -- couldn't resist. They'll sit atop a nice one-table mixed tournament set, probably with the Aztar primary hundos and PCA secondary $25s.

Received a shipping notice already -- Jim must really need the space for some exciting new acquisition. 8;)

And btw, your package arrived last night -- thanks again.

Ah, but IMO, those might be the most delicious $25s ever -- and I didn't get any, either. Do you still have them?

I do. Don't judge me but they lay in bed next to me every night. :D

72o Family 02.JPG

I have a bunch of Pointe After chips that will likely be up for sale soon. To provide fair access to all, I'll do an auction starting at my purchase cost (most of which were NOT purchased from TCR, so I feel 72o's pain....).

Interesting!! You have some $25's do you??

Guilty -- couldn't resist. They'll sit atop a nice one-table mixed tournament set, probably with the Aztar primary hundos and PCA secondary $25s.

Received a shipping notice already -- Jim must really need the space for some exciting new acquisition. 8;)

And btw, your package arrived last night -- thanks again.

Please let me know if you ever tire of them and want to make a tidy profit.

Yeah, I already got my excess shipping refund and a ship notice.

Plus, you're welcome and thanks for the purchase.

OOOH things just got a little more interesting!! Those Aztars are so minty nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom