In Progress (ordering closed) Matsui Zen Group Buy 2021 (3 Viewers)

Ummm...will these ever come back around in a GB?
I will never say never but there was an original buy and a add on for that 10+ years ago. This is the first buy and was approved by the designer and others so I don’t know if there will be another buy. In my opinion the answer is no but like I said never say never.

I will never say never but there was an original buy and a add on for that 10+ years ago. This is the first buy and was approved by the designer and others so I don’t know if there will be another buy. In my opinion the answer is no but like I said never say never.
Clearly I joined the forum at the wrong time.
Would have been nice.

Clearly I joined the forum at the wrong time.
Would have been nice.
invariably someone will decide they didn't really want them after all and sell them. If you look at the GBs in the last 2 years and then search the classifieds for the same items you'll see what we are talking about.

Yup, people will take the chance on a GB because they know that if they don't like them for whatever reason, they will absolutely sell in the classifieds. So, you always get some sets from a group by posted shortly after the people receive them.

Curious, there's a Matsui Amierca-Inc website, but the Chip Design link pushes me to Matsui Europe.
Are these chips made and then shipped from Europe?

I talked with FedEx today, they said the site is not correct and it should be at my local FedEx in the next day. If it isn’t I will be calling again(been calling every day for a week now)

Once it is local I don’t know how long it will take them to actually deliver it, hopefully not too long.

Well another day another answer. Today fedex says it is not released from customs. I have asked to speak to a manager and they apparently don’t have one, asked to get a Call back still haven’t had one.

Does anyone have an escalation contact? Getting a different answer daily and not getting called back is getting really old.

@derekdd23 when I've bought big orders from other countries, I've always had to give my SSN in order to have it clear customs. The shipping company in possession of the item usually contacted me to get it. It sucks and I honestly wish I had a Tax ID number instead to give them. Seems like this is stuck in a similar situation? I'm surprised FedEx isn't just asking for your SSN so they can clear it.

Maybe reach out to Tommy since he recently did a large GB from Italy which must have had to clear customs as well... ? Although I think is his GB case, it was DHL not FexEx...

I wonder too if Matsui could help. It seems like they would have experience with large shipments clearing customs, and that they maybe should be responsible for getting the chips to a buyer.

Maybe @liftapint has some experience with Matsui GBs?

@derekdd23 when I've bought big orders from other countries, I've always had to give my SSN in order to have it clear customs. The shipping company in possession of the item usually contacted me to get it. It sucks and I honestly wish I had a Tax ID number instead to give them. Seems like this is stuck in a similar situation? I'm surprised FedEx isn't just asking for your SSN so they can clear it.

Maybe reach out to Tommy since he recently did a large GB from Italy which must have had to clear customs as well... ? Although I think is his GB case, it was DHL not FexEx...
I already gave them my ssn last week which is why this is even more annoying.

I wonder too if Matsui could help. It seems like they would have experience with large shipments clearing customs, and that they maybe should be responsible for getting the chips to a buyer.

Maybe @liftapint has some experience with Matsui GBs?
I did email them for help, i will have to try again and see if they have more info.

Reactions: DMZ
I already gave them my ssn last week which is why this is even more annoying.
Well, WTF then ... In any event, I (and I am sure the rest of us) appreciate this GB and all of the work you've done so far. If it takes longer b/c of this, then it takes longer.

It kind of feels like FedEx is the one who needs to give the right answers. I can't imagine them handing it off to another delivery company at the border since they are doing the final leg of the delivery.

Reactions: DMZ
Was just curious if there has been any movement on this or if still in Customs Clearance Delay (since March 22). Thanks for all your efforts Derek!

I have been calling and Matsui has been calling as well. They said that there should be movement today but they have told me that a couple of times already so I’ll believe it when I see it. If not I will be on the phone again tomorrow and make sure Matsui is too.

I already had a disdain for FedEx after many other issues, I have been hung up on several times a day(I have spoken to over 100 reps) since this started and only raised my voice once when the rep made fun of me for asking for a supervisor. I have never hated a company so much and can’t believe they are still in business.

2t7fo7.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom