In Progress (ordering closed) Matsui Zen Group Buy 2021 (13 Viewers)

In contact with @Johnny5 about a possible $20 plaque. First question that came up was about the size. Since the tourney plaques are both the same size, I’m inclined to keep the size of the $20 consistent with those two. No reason to expand the size, helps with storage and there’s no likelihood of a $20 being mistaken for a $5k or $25k.

In contact with @Johnny5 about a possible $20 plaque. First question that came up was about the size. Since the tourney plaques are both the same size, I’m inclined to keep the size of the $20 consistent with those two. No reason to expand the size, helps with storage and there’s no likelihood of a $20 being mistaken for a $5k or $25k.
agreed. It's a nice size, not too small, not too big.

Reactions: BNM
So, @Johnny5 delivered, again. Below are the three options for a $20 plaque. While I included the purple plaque because on its own I think its gorgeous, the purple after the red, and the blue, is just too much red-base.

The yellow plaques provide the most contrast with the previous chips - particularly the blue $1 and red $5. The yellow w/ the black is striking and the black highlights match the black highlights on the chips. The yellow w/ orange is a bit more in line with the overall pattern of the $5k and $25k plaques.

I agree with @Johnny5 that the yellow w/ black works the best as a $20 plaque. If these were going to be used with the other plaques I might consider the other color combos a bit more, but I suggest the yellow w/ black as our choice.

Thoughts?

mz_p20v1.jpg
mz_p20v2.jpg
mz_p20v3.jpg

I only have a sample set so wouldn't be using these in a game myself, so take my input with a grain of salt. But IMHO the purple works best with the 25c, $1, $5 chips:

1643322504806.png

1643322521689.png

The yellow-and-black is the best choice for a stand-alone plaque, or a plaque that might be used with a generic set. But as a companion to the first three chips in the Zen set, I think it's too strong and too bold. The chips exude a certain calmness and tranquility, and I think the softer colors of the purple-and-pearl plaque are a better match.

I only have a sample set so wouldn't be using these in a game myself, so take my input with a grain of salt. But IMHO the purple works best with the 25c, $1, $5 chips:

View attachment 853668

View attachment 853669

The yellow-and-black is the best choice for a stand-alone plaque, or a plaque that might be used with a generic set. But as a companion to the first three chips in the Zen set, I think it's too strong and too bold. The chips exude a certain calmness and tranquility, and I think the softer colors of the purple-and-pearl plaque are a better match.
I like it, too, but it's just too much dark color, back-to-back-to-back. Agree with the calm aspect for the plaques, but I don't get calm from the chips. As you say, though, it would be a departure from the current plaque design/vibe.

So, @Johnny5 delivered, again. Below are the three options for a $20 plaque. While I included the purple plaque because on its own I think its gorgeous, the purple after the red, and the blue, is just too much red-base.

The yellow plaques provide the most contrast with the previous chips - particularly the blue $1 and red $5. The yellow w/ the black is striking and the black highlights match the black highlights on the chips. The yellow w/ orange is a bit more in line with the overall pattern of the $5k and $25k plaques.

I agree with @Johnny5 that the yellow w/ black works the best as a $20 plaque. If these were going to be used with the other plaques I might consider the other color combos a bit more, but I suggest the yellow w/ black as our choice.

Thoughts?

View attachment 853621View attachment 853622View attachment 853623
Damn..okay, you convinced me. I'm in. Those are too hot to not get in on this, even though I was planning on using the gold coin as $20 pieces.
I'm fine with any color. I think yellow-orange works best with the rest of the chips, but yeah, in for whichever.
Now that there's pictures to go with the idea, I'd suggest starting a dedicated group buy interest thread.

Purple is gorgeous and I think my favorite. I worry about it however that the purples will have enough contrast from each other. Purple on purple might not be too visible.

Yellow/black is just stunning. Yellow/Orange I like too.

Also man, @Johnny5 knocks it out of the park yet again. So on board.

Yellow and black or purple option are great. That purple is stunning. Maybe we can do both?

In for 20 plaques either way

How would a total newbie get in on such a beautiful set?
Orders for the Zen chips group buy is closed, so it's too late to get in on that one. If you want a Zen set, you'll need to keep an eye on the classifieds; when the sets eventually get delivered, some recipients will decide they don't need or don't want all the chips they bought and will sell them, probably at a markup.

To get in on future group buys like this, keep an eye on the Group Buy subforum. From time to time someone gets an idea for a new set of chips, and then offers to run a group buy in order to a) make the set available to others and b) pool funds to reduce the per-person price by splitting the overhead costs and reaching order quantities that allow for bulk discounts. Usually the idea will be discussed in the Group Buy subforum for anywhere from a few days to a few months before the ordering gets closed, so if you're watching the forum you'll have a chance to find out about it and get in on it if the chips being purchased strike your fancy.

Welcome to the forum!

Thoughts?

View attachment 853621View attachment 853622View attachment 853623
So what's the next step here?

im with jeff ..... are we able to order $20 plaques? i would love the possibility of ordering some and would love matching pink 2.50 chips for my blackjack table

im with jeff ..... are we able to order $20 plaques? i would love the possibility of ordering some and would love matching pink 2.50 chips for my blackjack table
Yeah, apologies for the delay. Unexpected life happened and was largely out of the loop. I will start that $20 plaque thread tomorrow. Word is bond.

Is there a $20 plaque set?
There is an order pending completion delivery for the rest of the set. I'm sure we will do a $20 plaque at some point, but don't know if anyone is really in a rush. As we start to get the rest of the order moving I'm confidant interest will pick up.

I can't wait!!! I haven't had new chips in a couple years!!! We have to hold off WW3 until this stuff gets shipped from overseas!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom