In Progress (ordering closed) Matsui Zen Group Buy 2021 (4 Viewers)

derekdd23

Flush
Reaction score
Well, it finally happened. I was able to get permission to run an order of Matsui Zen chips with the original artwork. Since I have permission I thought I would share with everyone that wanted to order as well.

Details:

Order taking will close on November 11th at 11:11 PM eastern time. You MUST have funds available to purchase once the order is placed and I will only accept PP FF unless we work out some sort of other deal(very unlikely)

Order taking will be limited to the first 20 who want in. You must be in good standing with both PCF AND ME. You must have at least 100 posts.
** OK 20 may not be enough. We will see how many are left out and maybe raise it

Once your box of chips is delivered to the post office, I am no longer responsible for anything. I WILL make sure they scan it in as proof it was dropped off, insurance is optional for you (if available). You are free to make the trip up/over/down to the Rochester NY area for pick up and save on shipping.

The Matsui rep said that there will NOT be an artwork fee for the chips, but the plaques and buttons will have a fee of $215 per denomination/design and $500 for the gold non-denomination chip. This could change due to the age of the last order, but I have no way of knowing.

I will share all invoices and receipts for everyone in the GB to see. All costing will be completely transparent and available once I get it.

Pricing per unit is as follows, it DOES NOT include shipping (shared cost), reshipping (individualized), royalty art fees to J5 (shared), taxes (shared), etc. such as tape and any other needed supplies (shared) Make sure you keep some room in your budget for such fees. All costing will be completely transparent and available once I get it.

IF we do not get enough interest in the plaques, buttons, or gold metal chips we will cancel them. I'm pretty sure at least the 5ks will go since I really want them.

I have no idea what the chip rack situation is, but we will have to work all of that out.

Please only join for sets. If someone wants to reship samples and button orders LMK and we can work that out, ie it won’t count towards the total people who can join.

Pricing:

DenominationCost
.25 (40mm)$1.16+
1 (40mm)$1.16+
5 (40mm)$1.16+
25 (40mm)$1.16+
100 (40mm)$1.21+ (3 color vs 2)
500 (43mm)1.27+
1000 (43mm)$1.33+ (3 color vs 2)
5k Plaque (85mmx65mm)$12.65 + share of art fee (price is approximate but likely very close)+
25k Plaque (85mmx65mm)$12.65 + share of art fee (price is approximate but likely very close)+
Light Button (55mm)$12.65 + share of art fee+
Dark Button (55mm)$12.65 + share of art fee+
Gold Metal non-denomination chip (40mm)$6.90 + share of art fee+

Please post with your A interest and then B counts.

Format: ( I will turn this into a google doc at some point)
.25 x
1 x
5 x
25 x
100 x
500 x
1000 x
5k Plaque x
25k Plaque x
Light Button x
Dark Button x
Gold Metal x

PLEASE POST ANY UPDATES AS A NEW POST WITH THE WORD UPDATE IN IT. This will make it so that I dont have to go back and find the OP. Thanks!

Current counts and pricing (reserved for future use)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TWOa0tJg9VcD_UjtXRB2B6UrJs4rxXWM1qCIwUA6Feg/edit?usp=sharing

PRON -- The proofs are good but don't represent how great these chips really are. I suggest looking around for some Pron posts, or maybe someone will be kind enough to post some.

mz_40mm_06_proof (1).png
mz_43mm_06_proof (1).png
mz_db_r1a (1).jpg
mz_db_r1b (1).jpg
mz_pl_06_mock (1).png
zen_gc1_proof (1).jpg

Last edited:
Cool! I’m definitely interested in both dealer buttons and a full sample set including plaques and gold metal

Last edited:
I would be interested in both dbs and the gold chip but need to see a real pic of that. Also assuming I won’t be the only one to share in that $500 charge.

In, so freaking in.

I'll likely make updates to this.
.25 x 200
1 x 200
5 x 300
25 x 80
100 x 120
500 x 40
1000 x 80
5k Plaque x 36
25k Plaque x 4
Light Button x 2
Dark Button x 2
Gold Metal x 20

updated 10/19/2021

Last edited:
I want to make sure I understand correctly. We have a chance to reorder what some consider a grail set. A grail set from before 95% of PCF members had ever joined this site. One that would never be made again.

And it's $1.19+ per chip? When chips are going for insane prices. I'm so unbelievably giddy I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Edit: A grail set from a decade before PCF existed.

Light Button x 1
Dark Button x 1
and a full sample set including plaques and gold metal

Last edited:
.25 x 0
1 x 100
5 x 400
25 x 100
100 x 0
500 x 0
1000 x 100
5k Plaque x 0
25k Plaque x 6
Light Button x 1
Dark Button x 1
Gold Metal x 40
I may add on more later

Last edited:
I want to make sure I understand correctly. We have a chance to reorder what some consider a grail set. A grail set from before 95% of PCF members had ever joined this site. One that would never be made again.

And it's $1.19+ per chip? When chips are going for insane prices. I'm so unbelievably giddy I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I know, right?!? Like, I'm kinda losing my mind over here.

I have been trying to keep my excitement in for a while, in fact I took longer to post this because I had a hard time believing it.

I have been trying to keep my excitement in for a while, in fact I took longer to post this because I had a hard time believing it.
You're keeping this open until November 11th, but there are only 20 spots available for ordering a set? I mean, I don't expect this to last more than a day before all those spots fill up. Like you said, this is possibly one of the most exciting sets that's been available to purchase in a long time.

I would love to own a set of these matsui's, but with only 20 total spots available for people to order, I couldn't take a spot from somebody who has wanted one of these sets for years.

I didn’t anticipate that people would be trying to join for just a dealer button or sample set. Please only join if you plan on buying a set unless… someone wants to run a parallel group buy for samples, I just don’t have the bandwidth for that

You're keeping this open until November 11th, but there are only 20 spots available for ordering a set? I mean, I don't expect this to last more than a day before all those spots fill up. Like you said, this is possibly one of the most exciting sets that's been available to purchase in a long time.

I would love to own a set of these matsui's, but with only 20 total spots available for people to order, I couldn't take a spot from somebody who has wanted one of these sets for years.
20 is a starting point. Let’s see where that takes us.

Last edited:
I forgot about the gold non-denom chip. I think I still have mine in a box somewhere. I have to find that because it makes a great card cap.

I do regret selling my old set, so I'll probably be in for a cash set of these. I almost want to say that these prices are cheaper than what we paid for them during the original group buy.

@derekdd23 I wonder if there will be a lot of people taking up spots who just want a pair of Dealer Buttons. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd be willing to bundle all of the people wanting Dealer Buttons under my eventual order and then handle distribution from there, if it means more people can make orders for sets.

Ok, if that’s the case I can put you down for db deliveries.

20 is a starting point. Let’s see where that takes us.
Well if there's room for me, then I'd love to get a cash set... But only if there's room. I don't want to take the spot of someone who's been after these for a while.

.25 x 140
1 x 201
5 x 101
25 x 81
100 x 21
500 x 21
1000 x 21
5k Plaque x 0
25k Plaque x 0
Light Button x 1
Dark Button x 1
Gold Metal x 1

Last edited:

I think these are cheaper than the original group buy to. I want to say I paid around $1.60 per chip. But maybe that included the art fees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom