Lightning Strikes (3 Viewers)

When your team hasn't won shit in over 50 years...my kid was 10 years old before he even saw them make the playoffs. He is 15 and he has never seen the Leafs win a playoff series. Inept doesn't even come close. Springtime to my kid means the start of baseball, basketball playoffs and the Leafs playing golf.

When your team hasn't won shit in over 50 years...my kid was 10 years old before he even saw them make the playoffs. He is 15 and he has never seen the Leafs win a playoff series. Inept doesn't even come close. Springtime to my kid means the start of baseball, basketball playoffs and the Leafs playing golf.
It was cool when Punch Imlach put blue letters on the blue uniforms and white letters on the white ones when they required the players names to be displayed. Poor Toronto Make Believes. That had their chance against the Bruins.

Saw this yesterday, but was kinda busy and didn't find time to post. From the early minutes of Game 1 of the Memorial Cup:

Will the blues take care of business at home and enable the Bruins Blues rematch for the Cup 50 years later ? The Bruins, with so many American born players, will be heavy favorites against inferior Canadian born talent.

Let's Go Blues! Can't think about the Bruins yet. Just gotta throttle the Sharks tonight. Man their fans are a bunch of whiners.

Will the blues take care of business at home and enable the Bruins Blues rematch for the Cup 50 years later ? The Bruins, with so many American born players, will be heavy favorites against inferior Canadian born talent.

And yet none of their top talents are American lol

And yet none of their top talents are American lol

How did you guys lose to the Sharks ? They aren't very good.

Look at the perfect form and balance of the GOAT vs the Blues
IMG_3040.JPG

From last in the league to the Cup Finals, what a ride! I'm pumped! Hopefully the long break is bad for the Bruins. Going to be a tough matchup though.

The long break is bad for the NHL, it is insane that there's almost a week off between the conference finals and finals.

That said, I'm looking forward watching at least some of the games between the Bruins and Blues, should be a great series.

The long break is bad for the NHL, it is insane that there's almost a week off between the conference finals and finals.

That said, I'm looking forward watching at least some of the games between the Bruins and Blues, should be a great series.
Without the long break, how would we enjoy hockey in June, when it's 93 degrees (34 C) outside?

No Stanley Cup this year, but the Lightning sweep the major individual NHL awards - Art Ross, Ted Lindsay, Vezina, and Hart :)

No Yzerman either... ;). But I'll pull for Maroon wherever he plays.

Just glad to see this thread revived.

Now... Let's see this year's talent...

This is what I love about hockey and its players, @k9dr — great effort by your boys!

UK soccer players: It is completely unfair to pay us millions every year and expect us to sometimes have to play more than one match a week.

Hockey players: Sometimes we have to play over two games... in one night:

View attachment 508133

Plus now we get a bonus day of hockey with the game getting moved to 11 today. So what’s that another 13+ hours of hockey today?

Heck of a comeback.

As a side note, I am loving the March Madness style of these games. Playoff hockey is on for like 12 hours straight every day!

I'd love to see the NHL learn from this and down the road, we get early round games scheduled back to back, even when they can use multiple arenas. The home team will always want a prime 8:00 p.m. starting time for their crowds, tho, so this will likely not continue. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom