Lightning Strikes (6 Viewers)

I do miss the roar of the crowd, but I feel as if this has been some of the best playoff hockey I have seen. Everyone is rested, passes are spot on... just terrific games. I hope it continues all the way through the cup.

DB17896D-C068-4308-A999-7F2BDC641895.jpeg

Kinda a mixed bag this year... I mean I think they all want to win the Cup, but if you lose, at least you get to leave the bubble.

No the finals are in the Edmonton bubble.

I did not realize that.. kinda bullshit for the teams that have been playing in Toronto to have to move everything to Edmonton and play (eventually) against a team that has been playing on the ice for more than a month...

I did not realize that.. kinda bullshit for the teams that have been playing in Toronto to have to move everything to Edmonton and play (eventually) against a team that has been playing on the ice for more than a month...
Assuming it’s a production cost savings. Plus somewhat better than moving for cup finals. But in the real world they move to a rink that the team has played on for a season. So not that big of an impact.

Assuming it’s a production cost savings. Plus somewhat better than moving for cup finals. But in the real world they move to a rink that the team has played on for a season. So not that big of an impact.

Except that half the games are on your home rink too in the real world...

I agree that there weren't going to be two bubbles for the finals, and moving now gives the Toronto Bubble teams the chance to learn the nuances of the Edmonton rink.

There's no perfect solution... This is probably as close as it gets.

Arguably, it is more important to acclimate to the time change than the rink itself. Hopefully the Phlyers can extend the series a little longer to give the Lightning some much needed rest and recovery time, especially Kucherov.

Edmonton is two hours behind Toronto... Should be acclimated to the time zone in 2 days.

EDIT: I did not realize families will be invited into the bubble for conference finals.

Last edited:
After watching the entire Flyers/Islanders series, I did not see this coming. The isles got smoked, couldn't even compete.

Hard fought game - down to 9 forwards :eek: no problem when you have a really nice Kuch :)
0CA81E11-5112-4B8C-936D-EE796DB83B06.jpeg
48152A30-69E8-4134-AAA2-C6224CC51C9F.jpeg
AF5F0C38-C5BB-451E-9AB3-A999A9EA8BE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hard fought game - down to 9 forwards :eek: no problem when you have a really nice Kuch :)
...and the refs overlook penalties.

Bah. I'm not mad at you. I'm frustrated. Glad to see Varly back strong. Nelson kept getting kicked in the dick. And Vasilevskiy had been almost unbeatable.

Guess we gotta win 4 out of the next 5....

@k9dr, question for you. Have these guys been dressing 11 forwards all year? That almost bit them in the butt last night. I'm not sure I wouldn't want that full 4th line, especially in the playoffs. I don't know what that 7th D does for you with your top 4 D all averaging over 21 minutes per game in the playoffs.

...and the refs overlook penalties.

Bah. I'm not mad at you. I'm frustrated. Glad to see Varly back strong. Nelson kept getting kicked in the dick. And Vasilevskiy had been almost unbeatable.

Guess we gotta win 4 out of the next 5....

The Islanders had 15 minutes on the power play including the 5 minute major and a short 5 on 3 and failed to convert. I will agree the refs failed to call a cross check on Nelson - that guy was getting abused. Is there some history with him I don't recall ??

We won the battle, but will have difficulty winning the war if Brayden Point is out for any length of time. Do you think Killorn's hit deserves supplemental discipline. He is a clean player with no history of hits like that and he didn't target the head. It was a late hit though and the outcome didn't look good.

@k9dr, question for you. Have these guys been dressing 11 forwards all year? That almost bit them in the butt last night. I'm not sure I wouldn't want that full 4th line, especially in the playoffs. I don't know what that 7th D does for you with your top 4 D all averaging over 21 minutes per game in the playoffs.

The Lightning go 11/7 frequently and have had good success with that lineup. The advantage seems to be that forwards like Kucherov and Point get extra shifts against different defensive lines and are able to exploit the matchups.

The defensive pairs also get a little more rest with the one extra defenseman.

I don't think Nelson was being targeted and I'm not aware of a history, I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...

The fact that Nelson came back to play in the game makes it less likely that Killorn gets supplemental discipline. It was a dangerous play, tho.

I don't think Nelson was being targeted and I'm not aware of a history, I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...

The fact that Nelson came back to play in the game makes it less likely that Killorn gets supplemental discipline. It was a dangerous play, tho.

614C0696-D52F-4B20-89B6-69EE5494AF7E.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom